The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you think you can argue against something that has been tested and proven a countless number of times all while being willfully ignorant of the facts, you're an idiot and a coward.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Let's settle this then, pistols or swords at dawn. [emoji35]

I'll meet you any where it's flat [emoji4]

--Dave

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God's Truth

Here is a short list of observable proofs for a flat earth:

1. There is no visible curvature.

2. All bodies of water are absolutely level.

3. All aircraft move over a stationary flat plain.

Arguments against these facts contradict sensory perception.

--Dave
What does any of it have to do with what is spiritual and being saved?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you believe the Bible, Satan is out to deceive the whole world.

If you would agree that the theory of evolution is a lie and that a timeless God is a lie, then it is possible that a globed earth spinning at the speed of 1000 mph and rotating around the sun at 67,000 miles per hour mph contrary to our earthly perception is also a lie.

Satan does not want us to believe the Bible to be true, so when he attempts to take over the world the masses will not recognize him for who he is.

The second coming of Christ will probably be explained as an invasion from "outer space".

The Bible has been turned into a myth by Augustine, Copernicus, and Darwin.

--Dave
Dave Please think this through.

The lie of evolution has a payoff. If evolution is true there is no divine purpose to life, and therefore we do not need Jesus. This is a powerful lie that will effect billions of souls.

But what is the purpose to the lie of the spherical earth??

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you did not look at the video I provided you are not honoring the purpose of this thread.
The OP had no video. Did you post one in one of your semi-answering, semi-moving on to the next point posts to me? Where? In general I come to argue points, not to watch videos. I can read quickly, but a video forces me to waste a good deal of time. I'd rather read the answer or, better yet, your understanding with a link to source material.

I'd also like you to answer a question I posed early on and Knight has put to you recently on the gain of the massive, generational conspiracy you have to rest on.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Let's settle this then, pistols or swords at dawn. [emoji35]

I'll meet you any where it's flat [emoji4]

--Dave

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
How about you just answer my question with a simple answer, I'll even make it multiple choice so you don't have to think so hard. Your previous response to my question didn't actually answer my question.

Can we know anything about the stars in the night sky?
A. Yes
B. No
C. I don't know

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Did you view the video?

--Dave
Just did. It didn't make your point. No one is disputing that a telescope can see farther than the human eye. Else, it didn't really sustain the point.

Here's a video of a ship below the curvature. The zoom does exactly what I told you to expect, but it can't force the part of the ship below the curvature to appear, and it doesn't.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Just did. It didn't make your point. No one is disputing that a telescope can see farther than the human eye. Else, it didn't really sustain the point.

Here's a video of a ship below the curvature. The zoom does exactly what I told you to expect, but it can't force the part of the ship below the curvature to appear, and it doesn't.

That argument is now officially closed. Thanks TH.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
old news, knight

Any one can stand on the beach of any ocean...

... and see this:

tumblr_inline_nueb71Nm581sq8awt_500.png

no, the ship on the right isn't sinking, it's further away

and partially hidden by....

the curvature of the earth! :banana:

If you had a telescope you would be able to see the whole ship which is proof there is no curvature.

well, no - that shot was taken through a telescope

The telescope obviously was not strong enough to reach the ship at that distance.

--Dave

:think: it was strong enough to reach the top half of the ship

:idea:
maybe the bottom half was farther away

Jose Fly

The lie of evolution has a payoff. If evolution is true there is no divine purpose to life, and therefore we do not need Jesus. This is a powerful lie that will effect billions of souls.

The existence of hundreds of millions of "Christian evolutionists" suggests the above just isn't true.

But what is the purpose to the lie of the spherical earth??

I suspect it's the same as what creationists argue, i.e., that if Satan can convince you to go with the conclusions of science over the truth of God's Word, then it's that much easier to get you to doubt other claims in the Bible.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The existence of hundreds of millions of "Christian evolutionists" suggests the above just isn't true.
I'm referring to evolution in the non-divine inspired variety.

I suspect it's the same as what creationists argue, i.e., that if Satan can convince you to go with the conclusions of science over the truth of God's Word, then it's that much easier to get you to doubt other claims in the Bible.
Hmmm... that doesn't seem to add up or have much of a payoff. The conclusion would be a stretch at best. After all... if that were true, the conspiracy would be a miserable failure. You have a few Christians (such as Dave) yet far more atheists and agnostics buying into it therefore it certainly doesn't seem to be fooling more than a couple of followers.

Lets see what Dave has to say.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm referring to evolution in the non-divine inspired variety.

Hmmm... that doesn't seem to add up or have much of a payoff. The conclusion would be a stretch at best. After all... if that were true, the conspiracy would be a miserable failure. You have a few Christians (such as Dave) yet far more atheists and agnostics buying into it therefore it certainly doesn't seem to be fooling more than a couple of followers.

Lets see what Dave has to say.
Maybe you could get him to answer my question as well. It's even multiple choice now, and not very hard to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.