The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

everready

The existence of hundreds of millions of "Christian evolutionists" suggests the above just isn't true.

I suspect it's the same as what creationists argue, i.e., that if Satan can convince you to go with the conclusions of science over the truth of God's Word, then it's that much easier to get you to doubt other claims in the Bible.

No such a thing as a Christian evolutionist..

everready

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lets not be too hard on Dave. He seems to be busy and I'm not sure he really buys into this conspiracy 100% himself.

"Bingo"

Thank you Knight.

The thing that amazes me is how so many people do not really read what others are really saying.

I have done this myself from time to time, to error is human, I am human.

There is enough evidence that has been presented for flat earth and fake moon landings that has my interest and requires "me" to investigate this topic.

I'm am taking the position of the "devil's advocate" to the status quo. I am taking the side of, the earth is flat and we never went to the moon. If I did not do this a debate would not be possible. I can hardly believe that so many of you did not get this.

This is like a trial, both sides make their case and the jury contemplates "both sides" of the argument and considers the evidence for "both sides".

Since globalism is well known I thought it important for the other side to be presented. But no! You all say there is no other side. And you will not even look at the evidence from the other side.

This tread is not a debate about there can be no debate. Lets enjoy the debate and see where it goes and where it ends up.

--Dave

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
If the earth is flat, how thick or thin is it?

Can we dig through to the other side?

What is on the other side of the flat earth?

Does the atmosphere wrap around the edge of the flat earth to the other side?

Does anyone live on the other side of the flat earth? If so, why haven't we made radio contact with them?

Why is the earth flat? What are the natural forces that could possibly have produced such a shape?

Why aren't there any other flat planets, or for that matter flat asteroids, flat moons, flat comets, flat stars, etc?

Gravity must necessarily be false for the earth to be flat, considering the earth's mass. Gravity requires an oblate spheroidal earth. Anything as massive as the earth would naturally collapse into a ball under it's own gravity. This is why, in outer space, everything more than a few hundred kilometers in diameter is spherical in shape. So how could the earth be any different? What do you have to replace gravity with...a flat earth that is perpetually falling up?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Coriolis Effect

In this video from 3:30-4:30, only a minute view time. A long distance sharp shooter says that he must adjust for the rotation of the earth. The reason is, "The bullet is not rotating with the earth", that rotates at 1000 to 800 mph.

Wow, how do planes land on an earth rotating that fast???

How do planes ever reach NY from LA if the earth rotates faster than the plane can fly???

--Dave

P. S. This video is against flat motionless earth.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If the earth is flat, how thick or thin is it?

Can we dig through to the other side?

What is on the other side of the flat earth?

Does the atmosphere wrap around the edge of the flat earth to the other side?

Does anyone live on the other side of the flat earth? If so, why haven't we made radio contact with them?

Why is the earth flat? What are the natural forces that could possibly have produced such a shape?

Why aren't there any other flat planets, or for that matter flat asteroids, flat moons, flat comets, flat stars, etc?

Gravity must necessarily be false for the earth to be flat, considering the earth's mass. Gravity requires an oblate spheroidal earth. Anything as massive as the earth would naturally collapse into a ball under it's own gravity. This is why, in outer space, everything more than a few hundred kilometers in diameter is spherical in shape. So how could the earth be any different? What do you have to replace gravity with...a flat earth that is perpetually falling up?

Asking twenty rhetorical questions is not a debate.

--Dave

Jose Fly

I'm referring to evolution in the non-divine inspired variety.

I don't know what that is.

Hmmm... that doesn't seem to add up or have much of a payoff. The conclusion would be a stretch at best. After all... if that were true, the conspiracy would be a miserable failure. You have a few Christians (such as Dave) yet far more atheists and agnostics buying into it therefore it certainly doesn't seem to be fooling more than a couple of followers.

Just because a conspiracy is ineffective, that doesn't mean the conspiracy doesn't exist, right? ;)

Lets see what Dave has to say.

Sure. Dave, what do you think is the motivation behind the spherical earth conspiracy?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
In the Northern Hemisphere the sunlit part of the moon moves from right to left, but in the Southern Hemisphere the sunlit part moves from the left to the right. Also, in the Northern Hemisphere, the stars appear to rotate counterclockwise around the North Star, Polaris, but in the Southern Hemisphere, the stars appear to rotate clockwise around the Southern Cross. How is this possible?

Here's a hint:

HemisphereMoonDiagram.png

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In the Northern Hemisphere the sunlit part of the moon moves from right to left, but in the Southern Hemisphere the sunlit part moves from the left to the right. Also, in the Northern Hemisphere, the stars appear to rotate counterclockwise around the North Star, Polaris, but in the Southern Hemisphere, the stars appear to rotate clockwise around the Southern Cross. How is this possible?

Here's a hint:

HemisphereMoonDiagram.png

Good point, but do you know what the other side has to say about that?

--Dave

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Scientists are saying the Earth is more egg shaped than spherical.

So much for that 'hard evidence' that it's a sphere- if they could get something like that wrong, even with direct images, who's to say they don't have more wrong :idunno:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know what that is.

Just because a conspiracy is ineffective, that doesn't mean the conspiracy doesn't exist, right? ;)

Sure. Dave, what do you think is the motivation behind the spherical earth conspiracy?

I have already said that the one and original conspirator is Satan and he has motive, he wants to "blind the minds of those who believe not", that would be, in my understanding, those who don't believe in the Word of God, he also wants to deceive even the "elect" as much as possible, in order to take full control of this world.

To flip the world as God created it, to do a reversal, still keeps the calendar intact but is a contradiction to our basic perception and casts doubt about God's word. A whole other world view becomes the back drop to present an invasion from out space instead of the coming of Christ to judge Satan and the world that has succumb the lust of the world and to Satan's power to deceive.

We don't ascribe motive to those who are deceived, only to those who are doing the deceiving.

The motive of those who know the earth is flat or know we never went to the moon are probably very few in number and probably are part of a secret society. But first things first, evidence of a conspiracy must be established before motive can be assigned.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, could you please answer my question? Just A, B, or C.

Can we know anything about the stars in the night sky?
A. Yes
B. No
C. I don't know

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

You have my answer. The earth and moon are my concern at this time. That you don't really read what I have been saying is becoming quite evident.

That the earth does not rotate as per my last post, the Coriolis Effect, should be a major concern for you.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

There are good evidences from both world views, flat motionless earth and spinning globe earth. I am viewing both sides of the debate while advocating for flat earth. In many cases it's hard to decide which argument is correct when looking a a single piece of the pie, but in the end as the whole is compared one side will be shown to be correct even if we cannot answer all the questions.

I am answering the question I can and researching at the same time. The flat earth model answer is that the northern star can be viewed below the equator but is not millions of miles away so it cannot be seen from a distance when it is out of sight from to far below the equator.

Remember the sun, moon and stars are much closer to earth than in the globe model. You can't critique flat earth model with globe model aspects.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Scientists are saying the Earth is more egg shaped than spherical.

So much for that 'hard evidence' that it's a sphere- if they could get something like that wrong, even with direct images, who's to say they don't have more wrong :idunno:

Yes, the current view calls the earth an "oblate spheroid".

So how come the pics from space and NASA are that of a round globe???

That is quite a difference!

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.