The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
So are MADists, the difference is, we follow the Holy Bible and nothing else.

Yes, I know, it's the easier path. The Jews also used their Bible to withstand the teachings of Jesus. When you take the writings of Holy men and blame it on God then you become closed minded people and prone to the "Chosen People" delusion.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I know, it's the easier path. The Jews also used their Bible to withstand the teachings of Jesus. When you take the writings of Holy men and blame it on God then you become closed minded people and prone to the "Chosen People" delusion.

No such delusion here. We don't blame God for anything. Is it a hard path that you've taken ? :duh:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
That wasn't my question, would you call followers of Jesus in Jerusalem cult members?
Only the elects follow and they followed based on the choice of God's not man's but you don't believe that either. What's the point of asking me a trick question that gets you nowhere?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Only the elects follow and they followed based on the choice of God's not man's but you don't believe that either. What's the point of asking me a trick question that gets you nowhere?

Paranoid are you? It's not a trick, rather its on open rebuttal that flushes out your dishonest characterization of the readers of the UB. Christians were once a tiny and despised minority in Jerusalem who followed a carpenter who was sentenced to death for flouting the sacred law of Judaism. After a trial and sentencing he was killed, his body disappeared. That was the word of the day. Christin's remained a tiny minority for decades. At first the lower class poor and slaves were the primary believers in the charitable hope offered by Christianity. Then as the emperor of Pagan Rome had a change of heart Christianity became more fashionable. Christianity then spread by military force and a reverse persecution practice.

Today you were born into ready-made Christianity, yet you have the gull to impugn the followers of Jesus in his latest revelation of truth.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No such delusion here. We don't blame God for anything. Is it a hard path that you've taken ? :duh:

Yes, to follow the truth wherever it leads, to rely on God rather than hide behind doctrine that others made for you, requires a dedication far beyond a religion about Jesus, it require the religion of Jesus.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Paranoid are you? It's not a trick, rather its on open rebuttal that flushes out your dishonest characterization of the readers of the UB. Christians were once a tiny and despised minority in Jerusalem who followed a carpenter who was sentenced to death for flouting the sacred law of Judaism. After a trial and sentencing he was killed, his body disappeared. That was the word of the day. Christin's remained a tiny minority for decades. At first the lower class poor and slaves were the primary believers in the charitable hope offered by Christianity. Then as the emperor of Pagan Rome had a change of heart Christianity became more fashionable. Christianity then spread by military force and a reverse persecution practice.

Today you were born into ready-made Christianity, yet you have the gull to impugn the followers of Jesus in his latest revelation of truth.
God breathed bible brings no paranoia cause the truth still stand no matter how you destroy it. Claiming it to be in error is the paranoid

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God breathed bible brings no paranoia cause the truth still stand no matter how you destroy it. Claiming it to be in error is the paranoid

92:2.2 Religion clings to the mores; that which was is ancient and supposedly sacred. For this reason and no other, stone implements persisted long into the age of bronze and iron. This statement is of record: “And if you will make me an altar of stone, you shall not build it of hewn stone, for, if you use your tools in making it, you have polluted it.” Even today, the Hindus kindle their altar fires by using a primitive fire drill. In the course of evolutionary religion, novelty has always been regarded as sacrilege. The sacrament must consist, not of new and manufactured food, but of the most primitive of viands: “The flesh roasted with fire and unleavened bread served with bitter herbs.” All types of social usage and even legal procedures cling to the old forms.

92:2.3 When modern man wonders at the presentation of so much in the scriptures of different religions that may be regarded as obscene, he should pause to consider that passing generations have feared to eliminate what their ancestors deemed to be holy and sacred. A great deal that one generation might look upon as obscene, preceding generations have considered a part of their accepted mores, even as approved religious rituals. A considerable amount of religious controversy has been occasioned by the never-ending attempts to reconcile olden but reprehensible practices with newly advanced reason, to find plausible theories in justification of creedal perpetuation of ancient and outworn customs.

92:2.4 But it is only foolish to attempt the too sudden acceleration of religious growth. A race or nation can only assimilate from any advanced religion that which is reasonably consistent and compatible with its current evolutionary status, plus its genius for adaptation. Social, climatic, political, and economic conditions are all influential in determining the course and progress of religious evolution. Social morality is not determined by religion, that is, by evolutionary religion; rather are the forms of religion dictated by the racial morality.

92:2.5 Races of men only superficially accept a strange and new religion; they actually adjust it to their mores and old ways of believing. This is well illustrated by the example of a certain New Zealand tribe whose priests, after nominally accepting Christianity, professed to have received direct revelations from Gabriel to the effect that this selfsame tribe had become the chosen people of God and directing that they be permitted freely to indulge in loose sex relations and numerous other of their olden and reprehensible customs. And immediately all of the new-made Christians went over to this new and less exacting version of Christianity." UB 1955​

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
92:2.2 Religion clings to the mores; that which was is ancient and supposedly sacred. For this reason and no other, stone implements persisted long into the age of bronze and iron. This statement is of record: “And if you will make me an altar of stone, you shall not build it of hewn stone, for, if you use your tools in making it, you have polluted it.” Even today, the Hindus kindle their altar fires by using a primitive fire drill. In the course of evolutionary religion, novelty has always been regarded as sacrilege. The sacrament must consist, not of new and manufactured food, but of the most primitive of viands: “The flesh roasted with fire and unleavened bread served with bitter herbs.” All types of social usage and even legal procedures cling to the old forms.

92:2.3 When modern man wonders at the presentation of so much in the scriptures of different religions that may be regarded as obscene, he should pause to consider that passing generations have feared to eliminate what their ancestors deemed to be holy and sacred. A great deal that one generation might look upon as obscene, preceding generations have considered a part of their accepted mores, even as approved religious rituals. A considerable amount of religious controversy has been occasioned by the never-ending attempts to reconcile olden but reprehensible practices with newly advanced reason, to find plausible theories in justification of creedal perpetuation of ancient and outworn customs.

92:2.4 But it is only foolish to attempt the too sudden acceleration of religious growth. A race or nation can only assimilate from any advanced religion that which is reasonably consistent and compatible with its current evolutionary status, plus its genius for adaptation. Social, climatic, political, and economic conditions are all influential in determining the course and progress of religious evolution. Social morality is not determined by religion, that is, by evolutionary religion; rather are the forms of religion dictated by the racial morality.

92:2.5 Races of men only superficially accept a strange and new religion; they actually adjust it to their mores and old ways of believing. This is well illustrated by the example of a certain New Zealand tribe whose priests, after nominally accepting Christianity, professed to have received direct revelations from Gabriel to the effect that this selfsame tribe had become the chosen people of God and directing that they be permitted freely to indulge in loose sex relations and numerous other of their olden and reprehensible customs. And immediately all of the new-made Christians went over to this new and less exacting version of Christianity." UB 1955​
Don't read texts from unfamiliar celestials til I find them familiar. Don't know if its the truth or lies. How about quoting from the bible since we all know its truth exept you.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Don't read texts from unfamiliar celestials til I find them familiar. Don't know if its the truth or lies. How about quoting from the bible since we all know its truth exept you.

Unfamiliar spirits don't exist in Gods world, you are confuseing reality with Halloween. Since you are not honest, afraid of your own shadow and generally troll the thread as heckler, I will have to put you an ignore with the other haters. You waste my time. :rapture:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Unfamiliar spirits don't exist in Gods world, you are confuseing reality with Halloween. Since you are not honest, afraid of your own shadow and generally troll the thread as heckler, I will have to put you an ignore with the other haters. You waste my time. :rapture:
Demons are in the bible.

journey

WRONG! Evil spirits and demons are mentioned in the Holy Bible. I could care less what the ub has to say on this issue.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Don't be retarded........

Don't be retarded........

First, I don't want any respect from a urantia UFO cult member. Second, the ub and you aren't authorities on anything, so there has been no correction of any kind except in your direction. Google urantia UFO cult and read until you wear yourself out. I'll continue to call it what it is - urantia UFO cult.

Here (see all linked commentaries)

You and GM have been schooled already on this particular, sadly you choose to be an ignoramus and bear false witness. Your gesture of attack stems from a fear and insecurity based belief-system which nullifies and belittles others to bolster its own esteem. Such an attitude retards intellectual freedom and spiritual progress.

~*~*~

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Cult-ure..........

Cult-ure..........

Still a cult cause you fall for it to be the truth

Falling for something to be true doesn't make that thing a 'cult'.....that's some pretty warped thinking...but sounds typical of a fundamentalist, whose dogma prides itself as being some kind of absolute truth, to the exclusion of all else.

I'd read the actual definition of 'cult' for starters,....which includes your religious tradition, system or tradition with all other cults. Cults, schools, traditions, belief-systems abound.....yours is no different than others besides it's own peculiar claims, historical-context, nomenclature, etc. Welcome to humanity.

Jesus small group of followers would certainly qualify as a cult by others of its time.....a smaller cult arising within the bigger cult of Judaism. I thinks it's time for folks here to get over their caricature of the word 'cult' and using such ONLY in a derogatory fashion....when its a neutral descriptive term really....which has assumed a negative connotation.

Get over it folks......if you belong to and adhere to a religious belief-system and way of life.....it's a cult-ure.....you are being cult-ured accordingly.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Look beyond the wrapping......

Look beyond the wrapping......

The followers wrote under the power for the holy spirit. Big difference that it is the opposite from being inspired by unfamiliar celestials. They both sound the same but one is confirmed and the other is guesswork

We've been over this before. You'd have to offer proof that the Bible it wholly inspired (inerrant, infallible, perfect, etc.) and who or what confirms this....beyond such being a presupposition.

Then you'd have to prove how and why it is more real, valid or meaningful than any truth or concept expanded on in the UB. Remember, you judge a book by its 'content', not its 'cover'. A 'cover' includes any appearance, presumption, preconception, etc. Note there are a lot of 'covers' out there.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Amazing

Amazing

If you want to respectfully discuss the papers, you'll have to learn the material first. This is a discussion thread. Understand? Is this a reasonable approach? Yes?

The most important would be it's revelation of 'God'. The first few papers cover this. That might be a good start. Maybe?

:idunno:

Lon

Revelation is always a threat to those who have created an institution out of the previous revelations. "They hated him without a cause." They still hate the God of Love further expounded upon in this latest revelation.
:nono: And that is probably why Knight allows it. It is the stuff of needed ridicule. I'll go ahead and do more:
Spoiler

"The time is ripe to witness the figurative resurrection of the human Jesus from his burial tomb amidst the theological traditions and the religious dogmas of nineteen centuries. Jesus of Nazareth must not be longer sacrificed to even the splendid concept of the glorified Christ. What a transcendent service if, through this revelation,
the Son of Man should be recovered from the tomb of traditional theology and be presented as the living Jesus to the church that bears his name, and to all other religions! Surely the Christian fellowship of believers will not hesitate to make such adjustments of faith and of practices of living as will enable it to “follow after” the Master in the demonstration of his real life of religious devotion to the doing of his Father's will and of consecration to the unselfish service of man.
:nono: That's works-based religion of all religions, wrapped up in "Aliens" nonsense. In fact, the UB here, has Jesus as nothing but an example and idea to follow. Some guy thought we Christians should buy into all the other world religions and stop complaining about cultists as well. The Moonies and Bahia tried to do the same. :nono: The ONLY reason U-would want to post U-rant-ia on here is because nobody else would listen and only to gather a few insecure fringe. It is Christian cannibalism and Borg mentality. We aren't threatened by it, we are Spiritually against it. It is COMPLETELY against the bible, the saving message of Jesus Christ and your need for a Savior, and against the message and purpose of Christianity. We have no desire to go against Christ, His work of Salvation, His Word, or His church. None.

You are a weirdo, Rant-ia book, to think I or anyone is 'afraid' of your ranting, little pipsqueak.

"Hate without cause?" :nono: As I said, your cult book is against everything we stand for and you have the audacity to come here with it and try to shove it.

Do professed Christians fear the exposure of a self-sufficient and unconsecrated fellowship of social respectability and selfish economic maladjustment?
:nono: Just 'against' you, dumb book. Why, I'd make tissue paper out of you, you wimpy thing.
Does institutional Christianity fear the possible jeopardy, or even the overthrow, of traditional ecclesiastical authority if the Jesus of Galilee is reinstated in the minds and souls of mortal men as the ideal of personal religious living?
:nono: Giving way too much credit to yourself Rant-Book. We just don't like you and think you don't belong in our company. You are a special needs weirdo among religions.
We aren't afraid of you, just find you distasteful, inane, inappropriate for Christianity, and needing to take a shower Mr. wets-his-pages book.
Indeed, the social readjustments, the economic transformations, the moral rejuvenations, and the religious revisions of Christian civilization would be drastic and revolutionary if the living religion of Jesus should suddenly supplant the theologic religion about Jesus.
"Indeed" nope. This 'is' the old man-made religion simply given a special-needs whitewash. It is still a dead-man's religion trying to reach god using our own ludicrous bootstraps.

To “follow Jesus” means to personally share his religious faith and to enter into the spirit of the Master's life of unselfish service for man. One of the most important things in human living is to find out what Jesus believed, to discover his ideals, and to strive for the achievement of his exalted life purpose. Of all human knowledge, that which is of greatest value is to know the religious life of Jesus and how he lived it
The common people heard Jesus gladly, and they will again respond to the presentation of his sincere human life of consecrated religious motivation if such truths shall again be proclaimed to the world. The people heard him gladly because he was one of them, an unpretentious layman; the world's greatest religious teacher was indeed a layman.

It should not be the aim of kingdom believers literally to imitate the outward life of Jesus in the flesh but rather to share his faith; to trust God as he trusted God and to believe in men as he believed in men. Jesus never argued about either the fatherhood of God or the brotherhood of men; he was a living illustration of the one and a profound demonstration of the other." UB 1955
The UB should receive an infraction from mods for blasphemy against our Lord Jesus Christ :plain:

journey

Here (see all linked commentaries)

You and GM have been schooled already on this particular, sadly you choose to be an ignoramus and bear false witness. Your gesture of attack stems from a fear and insecurity based belief-system which nullifies and belittles others to bolster its own esteem. Such an attitude retards intellectual freedom and spiritual progress.

~*~*~

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

You haven't schooled anyone. If you were a teacher or authority figure, I would ignore you because I think you're nuts to believe some of the things you do. Your low opinion of me is an indication that I'm on the RIGHT path, so thanks for the encouragement.

Some people are open-minded to the extent that their brains fall out.

Reactions: Lon
Status
Not open for further replies.