The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Welcome everyone to the thread,

This space is dedicated to sharing and discussion of the Urantia Papers, or what formally came to be known in the public domain as the Urantia Book (UB), a large comprehensive tome of 196 Papers given to our planet in the early part of the 20th century by a group of celestial personalities, serving as the 5th epochal revelation to our planet 'Urantia' (Earth). The revelators used the highest concepts of knowledge among the archives of humanity at that time within the schools of science, religion, history and philosophy, expanding our conceptual frame-work of the universe and the purpose of creation in time and eternity, particularly explaining the ascension-program and eternal progression of souls in their journey towards divine perfection.

The volume is divided in 4 parts (online study edition indexed here) -

1. The Central and Superuniverses

2. The Local Universe

3. History of Urantia (planet Earth)

4. The Life and Teachings of Jesus

~*~*~

These introductions below explain much more for those interested in discussing

The UB – an introduction

An introduction to the UB for Conservative Christians

Urantia Book Differences From Traditional Christian Beliefs

Truthbook Intro.

3-Part Video Introduction to the Urantia Book

Urantia Foundation Intro.

UB Websites Directory

~*~*~

Open, explorative and insightful discussion is encouraged here concerning the cosmology, philosophy, theology revealed in the papers,...their concepts, ideals, values, meanings within the contextual frames provided, whether one sees this work as 'inspired', truly 'revelatory' (more or less) or as religious science fiction or a tapestry of amalgamated influences from various sources,...no matter,....respectful and civil dialogue is encouraged, for those interested in the many subjects covered in this work.

Thank You.

~*~*~

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
progressive evolution..................

progressive evolution..................

~*~*~

(Sorry readers, this older thread is no longer extant)

:)

Yes, the discussion above is our 'charter-thread' on the Urantia Papers, and an excellent resource of commentary and research sites for this epochal revelation to our world.

UB Fellowship

pj

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I hope to post daily thoughts from the UB to stimulate dialog as we have entered a new era of enlightenment.

I am a life long student of the book and come from a family of UB readers.

Caino

Aimiel

Since it is a false 'gospel' it is accursed:

Galatians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

We know the source of things that are accursed: hell. Here's a great source of information on a Biblical evaluation of the Book of Urantia: http://ubhoax.org/

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"All too long has man thought of God as one like himself. God is not, never was, and never will be jealous of man or any other being in the universe of universes. Knowing that the Creator Son intended man to be the masterpiece of the planetary creation, to be the ruler of all the earth, the sight of his being dominated by his own baser passions, the spectacle of his bowing down before idols of wood, stone, gold, and selfish ambition — these sordid scenes stir God and his Sons to be jealous for man, but never of him."

Man tends to create God in mans own image, he assumes that God must have the same emotions and feelings that man himself has. But men and women fail to consider the limitations of their own finite existence. The children of God grow in experience, God remains a constant.

Caino

Aimiel

I'm not religious or a religious authority, in any form. I'm Christian, and we're set free from religious trappings, such as the bondage of the New Age movement.

I have not read it. One doesn't have to read fiction to recognize that it is fiction; or to recognize the foolishness of someone who's been duped by it and other similar fiction. The light that is in the Urantia Book is darkness, that much is clear.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I'm not religious or a religious authority, in any form. I'm Christian, and we're set free from religious trappings, such as the bondage of the New Age movement.

I have not read it. One doesn't have to read fiction to recognize that it is fiction; or to recognize the foolishness of someone who's been duped by it and other similar fiction. The light that is in the Urantia Book is darkness, that much is clear.

Being a Christian then surely you must be familiar with those who rejected Jesus out of hand? You have the same narrow and close minded attitude of those who rejected Christ (demonstrating that you would have been no different in his day) using the same approach.

It’s telling and even fascinating how people have absolute and unquestioned faith in debunking books about books that they have not read. Aimiel, true to form you're like so many so called christians who claim the master by association but demonstrate so little of the spirit of his teachings. Go back to sleep.

Caino

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Aimiel, true to form you're like so many so called christians who claim the master by association but demonstrate so little of the spirit of his teachings. Go back to sleep.

Caino

I don't think anyone other than you knows anyone like him

Aimiel

Being a Christian then surely you must be familiar with those who rejected Jesus out of hand?
Yes, your spirit is very familiar to me, no matter the disguise.
You have the same narrow and close minded attitude of those who rejected Christ (demonstrating that you would have been no different in his day) using the same approach.
That's simply not the case, having accepted, rather than rejected His Spirit and His Words, unlike yourself.
It’s telling and even fascinating how people have absolute and unquestioned faith in debunking books about books that they have not read.
What's fascinating is how when one rejects The Gospel, one will swallow anything. :chuckle:
Aimiel, true to form you're like so many so called christians who claim the master by association but demonstrate so little of the spirit of his teachings. Go back to sleep.
His Spirit is more than teachings, He is alive, and lives in me. One cannot easily slumber when The Living God directs one's steps and keeps your paths well-lit. It's clear from your obvious hatred of Christians (those who believe Jesus) that He isn't your 'master' but your pet word to make you look like one of His own. If you knew Him, you'd recognize His sheep.

Nick_A

The Urantia Book asserts that God is the "trinity of trinities."

I have not read it but familiar with it enough to suspect where a lot of its ideas came from including this accurate IMO expression of the relationship between God and Creation.

Aimiel

From UBHoax.org's website:

"Although The UB purports to be a revelation authored by altruistic, supermortal celestial beings hailing from distant planets and alternate time dimensions (14:1.4-6), it is instead a literary hoax perpetuated by one or more humans amidst the bustling hubris of early-to-mid-twentieth-century Chicago, USA. Though its stated purpose is to "expand cosmic consciousness and enhance spiritual perception" (0:0.2), The UB's apparent intent is to mimic celestial endorsement of a supposedly "new" and "improved" religious construct which is decidedly rooted in archaic ideas that are clearly aberrant and/or heretical from a historical Christian perspective. The primary target for which the UB "authors" claim is in need of "improvement" in the arena of religious thought is none other than the Bible, with all its "misconceptions" regarding the nature of God, who Jesus was, the need for and means of salvation, etc. As with Christianity, Jesus is of central importance to The UB. More than one third of the page count in the book is devoted to a retelling of the life of Jesus by way of a complete overhaul of the four New Testament Gospels. However, the "Jesus" you will meet in The UB is not the same Jesus who, according to the Bible, willingly died on the cross to save you and me from our sins. Ironic though it may seem, The UB interacts with the Bible a great deal and devotes much attention to reinventing the meaning of many concepts and facts presented in Scripture, to the detriment of the very source it so heavily relies on as its primary source of inspiration!"

Sounds like what just about every other cult there is does, 'mold' language to make their message seem like the 'real' truth. :chuckle:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Yes, your spirit is very familiar to me, no matter the disguise.That's simply not the case, having accepted, rather than rejected His Spirit and His Words, unlike yourself.What's fascinating is how when one rejects The Gospel, one will swallow anything. :chuckle:His Spirit is more than teachings, He is alive, and lives in me. One cannot easily slumber when The Living God directs one's steps and keeps your paths well-lit. It's clear from your obvious hatred of Christians (those who believe Jesus) that He isn't your 'master' but your pet word to make you look like one of His own. If you knew Him, you'd recognize His sheep.

By your own admission you have not read the Urantia Book, so you have no idea if the voice of the shepherd is within it. It’s therefore difficult to take you seriously; you’re not reachable or teachable. Any opinion you may have about the entire life of Christ contained within this latest revelation is someone else’s opinion and not your own. Isn’t there an inquisition or witch burning somewhere that you should be attending?

Caino

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
By your own admission you have not read the Urantia Book, so you have no idea if the voice of the shepherd is within it. It’s therefore difficult to take you seriously; you’re not reachable or teachable. Any opinion you may have about the entire life of Christ contained within this latest revelation is someone else’s opinion and not your own. Isn’t there an inquisition or witch burning somewhere that you should be attending?

Caino
I haven't read the book and probably won't unless you con convince me it is worth reading. So answer this question for me and we'll see what happens.

Haw was this latest revelation conveyed to mankind?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
From UBHoax.org's website:

"Although The UB purports to be a revelation authored by altruistic, supermortal celestial beings hailing from distant planets and alternate time dimensions (14:1.4-6), it is instead a literary hoax perpetuated by one or more humans amidst the bustling hubris of early-to-mid-twentieth-century Chicago, USA. Though its stated purpose is to "expand cosmic consciousness and enhance spiritual perception" (0:0.2), The UB's apparent intent is to mimic celestial endorsement of a supposedly "new" and "improved" religious construct which is decidedly rooted in archaic ideas that are clearly aberrant and/or heretical from a historical Christian perspective. The primary target for which the UB "authors" claim is in need of "improvement" in the arena of religious thought is none other than the Bible, with all its "misconceptions" regarding the nature of God, who Jesus was, the need for and means of salvation, etc. As with Christianity, Jesus is of central importance to The UB. More than one third of the page count in the book is devoted to a retelling of the life of Jesus by way of a complete overhaul of the four New Testament Gospels. However, the "Jesus" you will meet in The UB is not the same Jesus who, according to the Bible, willingly died on the cross to save you and me from our sins. Ironic though it may seem, The UB interacts with the Bible a great deal and devotes much attention to reinventing the meaning of many concepts and facts presented in Scripture, to the detriment of the very source it so heavily relies on as its primary source of inspiration!"

Sounds like what just about every other cult there is does, 'mold' language to make their message seem like the 'real' truth. :chuckle:

Spoken like the members of the Sanhedrin.

Caino

Status
Not open for further replies.