ECT The new rules for the Exclusively Christian forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cross Reference

The problem is that you want to judge everyone else's Christianity by your own standards, and then call anyone a who does't agree with your standards a "liar".

Too bad for you, because God did not appoint you the definer of Christianity, nor the decider of who is or is not a Christian. And as such, you're just going to have to live without that knowledge or authority.

So you are simply saying, "How dare he ask for people to be honest and not hide their religious affiliations". While I can certainly, by your objections understand why, I am simply saying it should be allowed.

PureX

So you are simply saying, "How dare he ask for people to be honest and not hide their religious affiliations". While I can certainly, by your objections understand why, I am simply saying it should be allowed.
No one is hiding their affiliations. Not everyone's beliefs fit into the few choices offered by you narrow-minded labelers. And anyway, the labels are superfluous, except to those who have nothing else.

Cross Reference

No one is hiding their affiliations. Not everyone's beliefs fit into the few choices offered by you narrow-minded labelers. And anyway, the labels are superfluous, except to those who have nothing else.

So what label are you, Christian, Atheist, Hindu, Heathen, Muslim, Backbiter, or maybe a Bleach bottle? Who am I talking with here?

radind

I realize this is not going to make everyone happy but I have discussed this issue with the other TOL owners and here is the decision we have made regarding the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Originally when we decided to create this forum we wanted a place to discuss AND debate Christian theology without unbelievers distracting the debate with mindless comments like... "so... how did all the animals fit on the ark?" or... "the Bible has been translated so many times.... bla bla bla".
:dunce:

The "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum was never intended to be a place where there would be no debate..... and excluding those who think they are Christian based on our standard of Christianity excludes too many possible participants to promote healthy debate.

Therefore...
The new standard for the "Exclusively Christian Theology" is to allow anyone to post here who considers themselves to be Christian and considers the Bible to be inspired by God.

Yes that creates a much bigger tent, but that's a good thing for healthy debate!

So... if you consider yourself a Christian and you consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God then you are welcome to post in the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Furthermore...
We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.

Said in short...
This particular forum will be dedicated to debating biblical issues without debating the legitimacy of the Bible itself.

There are plenty of other forums here at TOL for debating the legitimacy of the Bible.

And unlike morality the above rules and guidelines are very SUBJECTIVE so we ask that you honor our moderators requests if your input if out of line for this particular forum.

If you have any questions regarding these new guidelines please ask them on this thread.

I am grateful for a place where we can endeavor to have constructive dialogue.

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I realize this is not going to make everyone happy but I have discussed this issue with the other TOL owners and here is the decision we have made regarding the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Originally when we decided to create this forum we wanted a place to discuss AND debate Christian theology without unbelievers distracting the debate with mindless comments like... "so... how did all the animals fit on the ark?" or... "the Bible has been translated so many times.... bla bla bla".

The "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum was never intended to be a place where there would be no debate..... and excluding those who think they are Christian based on our standard of Christianity excludes too many possible participants to promote healthy debate.

Therefore...
The new standard for the "Exclusively Christian Theology" is to allow anyone to post here who considers themselves to be Christian and considers the Bible to be inspired by God.

Yes that creates a much bigger tent, but that's a good thing for healthy debate!

So... if you consider yourself a Christian and you consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God then you are welcome to post in the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Furthermore...
We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.

Said in short...
This particular forum will be dedicated to debating biblical issues without debating the legitimacy of the Bible itself.

There are plenty of other forums here at TOL for debating the legitimacy of the Bible.

And unlike morality the above rules and guidelines are very SUBJECTIVE so we ask that you honor our moderators requests if your input if out of line for this particular forum.

If you have any questions regarding these new guidelines please ask them on this thread.

I put "other" on my page because there's over 30,000 denominations. Thank you for this Sir Knight.

#Is "Sir" Knight a reassertion of something already implied by the name... Knight?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I am Jewish now, a Jew, of Israel, and though I am still a citizen of the United States of America, I do not call myself a Christian. I do not know if this will change. However, I read, study, and observe Torah, accept the TaNaKh (the Hebrew Scriptures), and Matthew through Revelation. I believe that the early church was entirely Jewish.

Can I post in this forum? For my own threads, people post (or, have posted) on or in them.

Shalom.

Jacob

shopkinslpskids

Shalom.

I am Jewish now, a Jew, of Israel, and though I am still a citizen of the United States of America, I do not call myself a Christian. I do not know if this will change. However, I read, study, and observe Torah, accept the TaNaKh (the Hebrew Scriptures), and Matthew through Revelation. I believe that the early church was entirely Jewish.

Can I post in this forum? For my own threads, people post (or, have posted) on or in them.

Shalom.

Jacob
Message from "Keeping the Gospel Pure" http://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/48-10

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Danoh

Message from "Keeping the Gospel Pure" http://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/48-10

There are too many "things that differ" between things both in Acts itself, and also in Galatians itself, that that message's preacher failed to note.

Result?

Same old hodge podge.

Thing is, a thing will often appear to make sense only due to the absence of things which, were they to be factored in; would reveal said thing for what it actually is - a misfire.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12.

shopkinslpskids

There are too many "things that differ" between things both in Acts itself, and also in Galatians itself, that that message's preacher failed to note.

Result?

Same old hodge podge.

Thing is, a thing will often appear to make sense only due to the absence of things which, were they to be factored in; would reveal said thing for what it actually is - a misfire.

I mostly shared it to show the Jewishness of Peter and Paul's subsequent chastising.

Danoh

I mostly shared it to show the Jewishness of Peter and Paul's subsequent chastising.

That is one of "the things that differ" that was not wrong but in Peter's failure in it.

Paul's point about Peter's living as do the Gentiles had not been the actual diet issue.

Rather, that Peter's et al's "dissimulation" had reversed "the truth of the gospel" - that The Law had concluded "ALL under sin" and how that therefore "ALL" can only be "justified through the faith" (finished work) of Christ."

All - "even we Jews also" Paul had basically reminded them all that day - both Jews and Gentiles.

But Jews, they had rightly remained.

Peter et al, were of "the Israel of God" Paul later also wishes peace upon and on the justification basis.

Paul and his converts were not.

They...were of God's New Creature: the Body of Christ.

But perhaps we should take any further exploration of this issue over to the ECT forum, as this is not the place for a drawn out back and forth on this.

shopkinslpskids

That is one of "the things that differ" that was not wrong but in Peter's failure in it.

Paul's point about Peter's living as do the Gentiles had not been the actual diet issue.

Rather, that Peter's et al's "dissimulation" had reversed "the truth of the gospel" - that The Law had concluded "ALL under sin" and how that therefore "ALL" can only be "justified through the faith" (finished work) of Christ."

All - "even we Jews also" Paul had basically reminded them all that day - both Jews and Gentiles.

But Jews, they had rightly remained.

Peter et al, were of "the Israel of God" Paul later also wishes peace upon and on the justification basis.

Paul and his converts were not.

They...were of God's New Creature: the Body of Christ.

But perhaps we should take any further exploration of this issue over to the ECT forum, as this is not the place for a drawn out back and forth on this.

I'm new so I'm confused as to why we can't just discuss here? Also, I tend to lean ecumenical...

Danoh

I honestly don't understand half the things people say on here...lol

Look for what principle or rule of thumb any passage appears to be following or basing what it is talking about on.

Sort of like the difference between merely watching an object fall; and looking at it's fall through what governing principle(s) it's fall might be following (law of gravity; and of force equals mass times acceleration, etc.)

Doing so will allow you to see much more than you would absent of said principles.

Note this principle about principles that things follow or are governed by, mentioned in a passage like the following...

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead..." -Rom. 1:20

One aspect of that one right there is the very basis of what we now know as Creation Science.

Scripture is chockful of such guiding principles.

They allow the Bible student to see far much more, and with a deeper understanding of one thing or another, than studying one would be able to absent of their aid.

Give yourself time, you'll find them as you go along, via that question I suggested.

And follow the three principles obvious in Acts 17:11,12 - no matter who might be the individual asserting what; focus on what principles they might be looking at things from, and or following, and you'll benefit from their points even should you disagree with their points, and so on.

After a while, such governing principles become easily obvious.

You'll read a post by someone, or something in a book, or read passages in Scripture, and right off begin to see their governing principles as clearly as the words you are reading.

You'll also find yourself less and less at the the milk of "well, maybe this means" such and so, "or perhaps..." this, that, the other.

Because when you even start to go there, various things that differ kinds of principles you'll have picked up through the Scripture, will kick in, simply "by reason of use" Heb. 5:14, and you'll find yourself better able to navigate said passages' waters.

At which point, most will not know where you are coming from, when you assert a point, or point out one thing or another - wich is what the following passage is referring to, lol

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Acts 17:11,12

Sonnet

Therefore...

Furthermore...

Said in short...

Do you have a statement of faith that formally defines a Christian?

Do you have a definition of the Gospel?

Child of God

BANNED
Banned

Therefore...

Furthermore...

Said in short...

That is decent.

Can I be Christian and not follow Paul?

Status
Not open for further replies.