The opposite of right...

Arthur Brain

All the first world countries have turned sharply to the left on that issue, but we probably won't see how much harm that has caused for another 10-20 years.

In regards to homosexuality then it'll be none, if you value at least a somewhat civilized society that doesn't persecute people simply for not being straight.

Arthur Brain

There is a mass delusion that homosexuality causes no harm.
The harmful effects of legalizing homosexuality are generational in nature, so it will not be seen for another 10-20 years.

Well, no, there's just the recognition that homosexuality isn't an illness or a crime. It can't be "cured" and homosexual people are going to be around regardless and should have the same rights as anyone else, as they should have.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, no, there's just the recognition that homosexuality isn't an illness or a crime. It can't be "cured" and homosexual people are going to be around regardless and should have the same rights as anyone else, as they should have.

Also, those who participate are CONSENTING adults. They are in the same category as anyone else who practices consensual sex.

genuineoriginal

Also, those who participate are CONSENTING adults. They are in the same category as anyone else who practices consensual sex.

Like I said: mass delusion

Arthur Brain

For thousands of years, homosexuality was a criminal offence, because of common sense.
Most people today don't know which ideas are common sense and which ones are not.

And slavery was condoned, children being sent up chimneys, women denied equality etc etc. Society has moved away from barbaric times and abandoned the draconian. I wouldn't expect any religious crackpot to understand this.

genuineoriginal

And slavery was condoned, children being sent up chimneys, women denied equality etc etc. Society has moved away from barbaric times and abandoned the draconian. I wouldn't expect any religious crackpot to understand this.

"Society" is not a universal thing.
There are many societies and only history can say which experiments will enable a society to survive and which ones will cause the society to collapse under the weight of its own pride.
Only leftist crackpots fail to understand this.

Arthur Brain

There are many societies and only history can say which experiments will enable a society to survive and which ones will cause the society to collapse under the weight of its own pride.
Only leftist crackpots fail to understand this.

There's no experiment, simply common sense laws that don't persecute folk for not being straight and ones where the only objections emanate from religious cranks and zealots who'd go so far as to execute people for being homosexual. The vast, vast majority of society wishes to see no such thing as that being enforced.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You're right, but the advance of civil compacts has been one uniformly tied to the expansion of individual liberty and personal responsibility for moral choices outside of those that deny right and exercise to others. It's why I said, years before the gavel fell on the point, that homosexual unions would eventually find protection under the law. And it's why the worries of some, regarding pedophiles gaining a legal favor, will not.

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
... regarding pedophiles gaining a legal favor....

before they gain "legal favor', there will develop societal acceptance/tolerance

and that's already happening

Not so far:

It’s official: Doug Jones will be the next senator from Alabama.
State election officials certified his win Thursday after a judge rejected a last-ditch challenge by his opponent, the mall-prowling demagogue Roy Moore. Despite losing the election by 21,924 votes, Moore argued in a lawsuit filed Wednesday night that there was “election fraud sufficient to overturn the outcome of the election.” The suit said today’s certification should be delayed until those claims could be investigated.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/12/roy-moore-has-officially-lost-the-election.html

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Kit Son of Coyote, Son of Spring Rain;
Fosterling of Master Llewellyn Magus Major of the Seelie Court of Prince Terindil of Elfhame Spirit Peak;
Apprentice to Lord Vasa;
Shaman of the Wild Folk of Karamoon;
Pack Leader of the Coyote Flats Pack.
Of course. How could I be so ignorant. :eek:

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anyone who thinks an untrained parent can make a child competitively advanced in the ways fundamental education by professionals can doesn't understand either that educational process or the world those children will be entering.
Anyone who thinks a random stranger is a better bet to raise their child is either horribly deceived or worse.

Every other first world nation does.
Oh, yay. It's spot the logical fallacy again. I love this game.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Anyone who thinks a random stranger is a better bet to raise their child is either horribly deceived or worse.
Anyone who confuses a highly trained professional with a random stranger is only slightly more confused than the person who confuses the work of a teacher with raising their child.

Oh, yay. It's spot the logical fallacy again. I love this game.
I know you have the list, but you need to learn how to use it and argue. So far you're not doing it. :nono:

I've set out the benefits of public education before, why it's an inarguable good. When we train citizens in critical thinking and broaden their understanding we make increase the efficacy of their contributions. That is the reason every one of our competitive cousins invests in it.

Last edited:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe what he meant was "over-educated by left wing propagandists"

or perhaps "highly trained (to make a child reject Godly values) professionals"
The government schools aren't broken; destroying kids is what they are designed to do.