TOL Radio: The Great TOL Music Experiment

elohiym

Suggestion:

I notice that songs I blipped a few days ago are no longer available, so it seems a waste of forum space to keep all those pages of past blips. Maybe you could limit it to one or two pages of the most recent DJ blips and automatically prune the rest.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Suggestion:

I notice that songs I blipped a few days ago are no longer available, so it seems a waste of forum space to keep all those pages of past blips. Maybe you could limit it to one or two pages of the most recent DJ blips and automatically prune the rest.
A thread with only one post in it doesn't take up hardly any space. Plus I don't want to sift through threads finding ones that work and ones that don't.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:think:

Then I must have missed something, because it seemed you were doing that. Maybe I just didn't see the songs in those comments.
Well... you can send a message to sombody in blip by starting your blip comment with.... @username, so if I wanted to comment to you I would start my comment with... @Litehaus

But the problem is..... currently you cant just make a blip comment without also including a song which is kinda confusing.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Well... you can send a message to sombody in blip by starting your blip comment with.... @username, so if I wanted to comment to you I would start my comment with... @Litehaus

But the problem is..... currently you cant just make a blip comment without also including a song which is kinda confusing.
I see that. And agree, it is confusing.

Maybe they need to add a voice option, so you can record something...:Shimei:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's raining pretty heavy and I hear it against my window, I have a nice big glass of Pinot Grigio, the house is fairly quiet since it's only me and my youngest 2 (around here that's about as quiet as it's gonna get), and I'm going through the TOL playlist cause I need some good music to make it complete. Life is pretty sweet at the moment. :cheers:

Now, what do I want to listen to? Or do I want to add something new to the playlist? :think:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's raining pretty heavy and I hear it against my window, I have a nice big glass of Pinot Grigio, the house is fairly quiet since it's only me and my youngest 2 (around here that's about as quiet as it's gonna get), and I'm going through the TOL playlist cause I need some good music to make it complete. Life is pretty sweet at the moment. :cheers:

Now, what do I want to listen to? Or do I want to add something new to the playlist? :think:
Whoa.... all you need now is some aged Asiago cheese. :up:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There are several DJ's I don't recognize.

VicTOLa
glorria
mehdiz
psychodj
BaLiWoOd (bodhigirlsmiles?)
jessvance
djreggae
DJBRIT0
Drusilla
hollyy___x

If any of these are TOL'ers please identify yourself.

There are also several that I am pretty sure are not TOLer's on the TOP Blip page, I didn't list those on the above list (I only listed DJ's that I suspect MIGHT be TOLers).

drbrumley

Upon looking at it Knight, I'd say most of these guys (if not all of them) are non TOLers as they are just listeners (adding you cause they see what you bipped)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Upon looking at it Knight, I'd say most of these guys (if not all of them) are non TOLers as they are just listeners (adding you cause they see what you bipped)
Many of them are but some of them are new blippers which leads me to believe they came there because of TOL. I can't see why a person would sign up to blip and the only action they take is making TOL a "favorite", unless they came there because of TOL.

I did add VicTOLa to the DJ list because that has GOT to be a TOLer. :D

I guess on the others ones I will just wait to see if anyone claims them.

always_learning

IsaacH added you as a favorite... it's me.

So much for anonymity :noid:

:D

:thumb: good find here Knight, I love the site! (I'm a poet, and I didn't know it!)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
IsaacH added you as a favorite... it's me.

So much for anonymity :noid:

:D

:thumb: good find here Knight, I love the site! (I'm a poet, and I didn't know it!)
You are now officially a TOL DJ.

IMPORTANT NOTE(s)

TOL DJ's PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.....

1. Please always post a comment with your blip and end your comment with your TOL username. That way the TOL Radio thread posts will have some sort of indicator as to who selected the song.

example.....
"Here is a song I loved as a teenager ~ Knight"

2. Please do not select too many songs per day. The idea here is to share songs that are your favorites or have some type of significance to you. We don't want just a long list of songs that have no significance. Quality of quantity!

Two or three songs spread out throughout the day is a good rule of thumb.