toldailytopic: How does God handle babies when they die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 18th, 2011 09:47 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
we shouldn't worry about how God handles babies

what is really important is how we handle them

Son of Jack

Well, Luke 18:16 and Matthew 19:14 makes me think that He handles them with steadfast love and welcomes them into the Kingdom.

I think 2 Samuel 12:23 can shed some light on the issue as well.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sweetly, tenderly, justly and righteously offering them life with Him.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think He worries too much about how big they are :think:

Krsto

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 18th, 2011 09:47 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Probably quite well considering they have had no opportunity to sin.

alwight

Are they eternally babies in heaven then? :baby:
Eternal diaper/nappy-rash seems less than ideal.:mmph:

Krsto

Are they eternally babies in heaven then? :baby:
Eternal diaper/nappy-rash seems less than ideal.:mmph:

We are all looking to be changed into spiritual beings when we die so don't expect to have to deal with that. I wonder though if they will ever grow up . . . or if WE will ever grow up . . . :think:

some other dude

OK, I'll play devils advocate.

All humans are born in sin, filthy rags unworthy of standing near the throne. Only through accepting Christ as their personal savior can humans of any age find salvation. Thus, unless there is some way for babies to accept Jesus, they are lost.

elohiym

All humans are born in sin, filthy rags unworthy of standing near the throne.

Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Deuteronomy 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

Only through accepting Christ as their personal savior can humans of any age find salvation.

Enoch walked with God and was translated without seeing the first death. Elijah was translated without seeing death, too. Abraham was a friend of God.

What do you mean by accepting Christ?

Thus, unless there is some way for babies to accept Jesus, they are lost.

Enoch, Elijah and Abraham stand in opposition to your argument.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sweetly, tenderly, justly and righteously offering them life with Him.

The scriptures do shed some light on this. We must look to the word when answering this difficult question. This is what I have gleaned from the bible.
2 Samuel 12:23 --
But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

Luke 18:16 --
But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Matthew 19:14 -- But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Firstly, Jesus makes it clear how Salvation is won.

John 14:6 --
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus is the only door to Salvation. Because babies, small children, and mentally disabled persons are not capable of rejecting this reconciliation to God through the LORD Jesus Christ, they are automatically "accepted in the beloved," who won this reconciliation for us by his death, burial, and resurrection.

2 Corinthians 5:18-19 -- And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

If I am mistaken on this, could you point it out using scripture please?

Skavau

we shouldn't worry about how God handles babies

what is really important is how we handle them

This coming from you is quite disgraceful, to be honest. I can't be the only one who notices this. You find the idea of abortion of any kind revolting and yet apparently have no opinion nor care on their fate afterwards.

some other dude

Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

OK, so the king of Tyrus was perfect until what? Until he was born? Until he was two? Until he was forty three?

Deuteronomy 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Enoch walked with God and was translated without seeing the first death. Elijah was translated without seeing death, too. Abraham was a friend of God.

Argue with Paul. :idunno:

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

16And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

20Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

21That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This coming from you is quite disgraceful, to be honest. I can't be the only one who notices this. You find the idea of abortion of any kind revolting and yet apparently have no opinion nor care on their fate afterwards.

You aren't the only person who noticed. For anyone who is anti-abortion or prolife AND a Christian, the final destination of aborted babies as well as born babies and young children who die should be a concern.

I am not a believer, however, there is no good reason or explanation for sending unborn babies or babies to eternal torment when they die.

Krsto

No, actually all newborn babies stand in opposition to his argument because sin is missing the mark, by definition, and there is no mark that a newborn, stillborn, or aborted fetus could possibly even aim for. They have no ability to sin because they have no ability to disobey God since there is no "mark" which anyone could apply to them.

If you (SOD) think a newborn is a sinner worthy of judgement please tell me what sin did he commit?

I'm waiting . . . tick tick tick . . .

Krsto

OK, so the king of Tyrus was perfect until what? Until he was born? Until he was two? Until he was forty three?

Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Argue with Paul. :idunno:

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

16And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

20Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

21That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

You are the one who is arguing with Paul, SOD. You make him out to say all men are born sinners because of Adam's sin. Please read it more carefully. Death passed on to all men because all men have sinned, but I ask again, what sin has a newborn committed or could possibly commit? Does it say sin passed from Adam to all men? Again, read what it says. It says death passed on. Death is the penalty for sin, as it says later, "The wages of sin is death." Death is what is earned as a result of sin and that is what is passed on from Adam. It's not sin, it's the penalty for sin. Isn't that what it says? Why are you arguing with Paul and saying sin passed on to all men?

Arthur Brain

OK, I'll play devils advocate.

All humans are born in sin, filthy rags unworthy of standing near the throne. Only through accepting Christ as their personal savior can humans of any age find salvation. Thus, unless there is some way for babies to accept Jesus, they are lost.

Well, strikes me as there's two options here. Either God is loving or God is cruel and capricious. Which do you think?

:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.