toldailytopic: Is it always wrong to kill another human?

Wile E. Coyote

Why, who among us is sinless, and therefor righteous enough to stand in judgment of others? Not me, and not you, either. Jesus WAS that righteous, and he still chose not to condemn, but to forgive. He set the bar, not me.
I never agree with you. But I must say "Amen" for this one. :up:

glorydaz

If God thinks it's OK to kill those who attack others, then why doesn't He?

Why does He send us to preach the Gospel?

Why did He send David out to kill Goliath?

Why did He tell Abraham to sacrifice Isaac?

Why would He allow a murderer near our child to begin with?

Wile E. Coyote

So if your only way of stopping the rape/murder of a child was by the use of deadly force, you would allow the child to be raped/murdered?
You would be bound by love to give your life for the child and to not take the life of the criminal. You would resist the criminal sufficiently enough to create the opportunity for the child to escape and then commit your life to God without resisting the criminal. God will either spare your life or He will call you to lay down your life.

Jesus plainly said "resist not evil."

Great shall be your reward in heaven.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
You would be bound by love to give your life for the child and to not take the life of the criminal. You would resist the criminal sufficiently enough to create the opportunity for the child to escape and then commit your life to God without resisting the criminal. God will either spare your life or He will call you to lay down your life.

Jesus plainly said "resist not evil."

Great shall be your reward in heaven.

Not a possibility in my scenario.

You have to choose - the criminal's life or the innocent's.

Choose.

Wile E. Coyote

Not a possibility in my scenario.

You have to choose - the criminal's life or the innocent's.

Choose.
We are not talking about YOUR scenario. We are talking about Jesus said. He said to "resist NOT evil." These words came after His words "turn the other cheek."

Jesus told Peter to put down the sword. Peter was just protecting an innocent man. But Jesus told him that those who live by the sword shall die by it. Therefore, the sword is not to be used even when protecting the innocent.

It is NOT necessarily a choice between the child's and the criminals. You can save the child's life by giving your own.

"Greater love has no man than this that he lay down His life for another."

He did NOT say to save another by violence.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
We are not talking about YOUR scenario.

You were responding to my post.

I'll ask the question again:

If the only way of stopping the rape/murder of a child was by the use of deadly force, would you allow the child to be raped/murdered?

Jesus told Peter to put down the sword. Peter was just protecting an innocent man. But Jesus told him that those who live by the sword shall die by it. Therefore, the sword is not to be used even when protecting the innocent.

And when Jesus told his followers to buy a sword? Why do you ignore that?

It is NOT necessarily a choice between the child's and the criminals.

It is in my scenario.

Which do you choose?

The child's life or the criminal's life?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Is it always wrong to kill another human?

Nope!
Examples:

Gen 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Num 15:32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.
Num 15:33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.
Num 15:34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.
Num 15:35 And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. Num 15:36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.

OriginalOatmeal

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord. If God wants you to kill somebody then do as God asks. God commanded Israel to kill nations, women and children. That was back in a previous dispensational time period. Things were different back in that era. Some things were different. Not all things were different. God wants us to love rather than to kill. The genocide that Israel partook in were unique ones. But then Christ came down to earth with a new commandment, to love thy neighbor.

Would God ever ask you to kill somebody? Maybe. I don't know. Mostly likely not. You can assume that God won't. 99% percent of the time God would not even dare ask you to kill anybody for any reason. Are there exceptions? There are a few exceptions. I just do not want to be closed minded to think that I will know when it is right to take a life and when not to take a life.

Because if we could know when to take a life and when not to take a life then we could justify abortion, which is murder as well. People justify abortion with their excuses. They say the baby is not really alive or that the baby would live a horrible life and end up killing people or something awful. They say that the mother has a right over her body. They refuse to admit that the baby is not part of the mother's body.

I learn my morality from the HBO cable television series that is called Dexter which shows Dexter killing really bad people. Dexter is like Batman and Superman and all the other super heroes. Is it sometimes right to kill? Yes. But very rarely. Can we ever totally know when to kill or not to kill? No. Not really. Only God knows what is totally right.