toldailytopic: Is it always wrong to kill another human?

Silent Hunter

Let's see - a 250 pound attacker on crack determined to assault an innocent vs some gadfly crying out "stop that this instant" and stamping her foot at him. :think:

No, probably not.

You'd just get yourself killed along with the child.
Then you see the dilemma then . . . or not.

But you would have shown mercy to the rapist/murderer so it's all good, right?
I could testify at the trial that locks the person up for life . . . couldn't I?

Silent Hunter

Seriously ... after claiming *I* am overly emotional, your response is this?
Are you claiming my reply is overly emotional?

The only thing that *sucks* about this whole discussion is when individuals care more about protecting violent criminals rather than their victims and making excuses for them.
Who's protecting the criminal? Let the Klingon die . . . in prison.

It's bad enough that THE victim loses their life.
Exactly. So you wish to compound the insult with more killing. That's :kookoo:.

What even makes matters worse is that the victim's family (who are secondary victims via the tremendous grief they have to live with) are spit on by a justice system that values the criminals life more than their family member.

A side has to be chosen ... either that of the victim and victim's loved ones OR that of the criminal. I will always be on the side of the victims.
Argument by outrage . . . :sigh:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Not in the scenario I'm positing.

you have two choices:

1. Stop the attacker with deadly force, in which case the outcome is the criminal is dead, you are alive and the child is alive.

2. Refuse to use deadly force, in which case you fail to stop the attacker and the outcome is the criminal is alive, you are alive and the child is dead.

choose

Silent Hunter

you have two choices:

1. Stop the attacker with deadly force, in which case the outcome is the criminal is dead, you are alive and the child is alive.

2. Refuse to use deadly force, in which case you fail to stop the attacker and the outcome is the criminal is alive, you are alive and the child is dead.

choose
I'm not in the mood to play your goal post moving game . . . :wave2:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
" Is it always wrong to kill another human?"

I am an avowed pacifist and I used to struggle with this question. But having read the Bible the answer is clearly no. Moses, Elijah, David and countless other leaders as well as followers clearly killed other humans. God put countless humans to death both in the flood as well as many other times. He drowned Pharaoh's army to cite one other example. It is clearly right (not wrong) to kill human beings. To take any other position is to deny the Bible. In fact Jesus tells his own disciples they will be persecuted and killed. He does not label it "wrong".

GuySmiley

No, there's an obvious difference between murder and killing, by definition.

But be careful about justifying killing because God did. We aren't God and He has authority we dont have. Our only authority is when it is handed down from Him.

eameece

you have two choices:

choose

Third choice: injure and decapacitate the attacker long enough to escape with your child, and report the attacker to the law.

genuineoriginal

Third choice: injure and decapacitate the attacker long enough to escape with your child, and report the attacker to the law.
I didn't recognize the word, so I googled it, and got this result:

Did you mean: decapitate
Which brings us back to choice #1

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Your injury and incapacitation causes the attacker to fall striking his head on the curb...he is killed instantly.

Enjoy your manslaughter charge you killer. :rolleyes: