toldailytopic: Is it always wrong to kill another human?

Wile E. Coyote

According to the Law Jesus couldn't condemn her.
Wow! What an asinine statement! According to the law Jesus should have condemned her. He didn't condemn her because He LOVED her and there is no law against love. Paul said that love is the fulfillment of the law.

Also, I see no indication she was forgiven. All I see is no condemnation, because the law would not allow it, and a rebuke to go and sin no more.
More stupidity. No condemnation = forgiveness.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow! What an asinine statement! According to the law Jesus should have condemned her. He didn't condemn her because He LOVED her and there is no law against love. Paul said that love is the fulfillment of the law.

The Law required 2 or 3 witnesses in order to condemn her. Jesus pointed out that no witnesses stuck around to accuse her.

More stupidity. No condemnation = forgiveness.
Which is easier to say, "your sins are forgiven" or "Where are you accusers? ... Neither do I condemn you go and sin no more".

You might want to look up Luke 5:23 or Matthew 9:5 for a comparison.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Killing out if wrath is sinful. Each person should be able to decide if they are willing to kill an unknown person in defence of ones country; I do think is is a matter of individual conscience. To kill as a result self-defense; I doubt this is sinful, under circumstances where one has not provoked one to react violently.

I would rather stop an attacker than killing one, or them. At the same time, I am not going to be someone’s victim, yet I would rather deal with harsh repercussions than to silence one by killing.

I do not feel right harming anyone, or myself. Taking a life seems tragic to me, even if the situation prevailed where I could not avoid it.
I did hunt animals in my past and see no wrong in that, when done legally. I do not believe humans are animals, nor do I believe as Descartes did, the mind-body duality. I see our mind as part of our body, where the soul is what connects us to God; we are made in God’s image in that out psyche is able to apprehend God, while animals do not have that relationship with God.

It seems to me, more new ideology comes from a lack of faith in God and a need to replace God with human constructs.

As time passes for me, I see a trend where humans make use of morality rather than trusting in God’s good Grace whereby we need to have faith, rather than making up new ideologies, as we we can judge for ourselves, such seems blasphemy to me.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I never fail to be amazed at the blood-lust of the average "christian".

You guys are :kookoo:.

I am not sure how you get "blood lust" out of recognizing that the words kill and murder do not have exactly the same definition. Every language that I am aware of has different words for the two, to draw this important distinction.

Silent Hunter

I am not sure how you get "blood lust" out of recognizing that the words kill and murder do not have exactly the same definition. Every language that I am aware of has different words for the two, to draw this important distinction.
That's not the point. You want to kill the killer. That's better known as blood lust. You're as clueless about this as you are about the woman in adultery (Jesus asked where are your accusers . . . not where are the witnesses against you . . . two different things).

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Rather, some christians want vengeance which is their idea of justice.

jus·tice
/ˈjəstis/Noun
1.Just behavior or treatment.
2.The quality of being fair and reasonable.

Synonyms
fairness - equity - right - righteousness - justness

venge·ance
/ˈvenjəns/Noun
Punishment inflicted or retribution exacted for an injury or wrong.

Synonyms
revenge - retaliation - requital - reprisal - retribution

So what's wrong with vengeance?

Silent Hunter

So what's wrong with vengeance?
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:19–21

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Romans 13
King James Version (KJV)

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.