toldailytopic: Let's count our blessings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My daughter
That my mom is still living
That my mom is in California, visiting my sister for Christmas
That I'm finallycaught up with my bills

The Graphite

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 23rd, 2009 11:40 AM

toldailytopic: Let's count our blessings.

I don't have that many fingers and toes.

Come to think of it, all the people in my entire two-building apartment complex combined don't have that many fingers and toes... :party:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I cannot count that high.

Besides long posts are not well received, so let us say after 10 pages, a poor start, that a good start would be 'for sending me a Redeemer in Jesus Christ to wash away the sins not washable by man' that only God could do for me, Him alone.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Every breath I take, for God granted it to me.
The assurance of that which our Lord accomplished for me.
The trials visited upon me that I might be tempered and grow closer to God.
My wife, who still makes me want to be a better man after 28 tears of bliss.
My son, in whom God blessed me.
A roof over my head.
Bounty on my table.
The pure love and affection of three Shiz Tzus.
Prayers lifted up in my behalf by others.
The freedoms I enjoy in the U.S. and never take for granted.
God's sharing in His wonderful abundance with me and mine.

And, of course, fine cigars. ;)

AMR

bybee

Blessings

Blessings

Every breath I take, for God granted it to me.
The assurance of that which our Lord accomplished for me.
The trials visited upon me that I might be tempered and grow closer to God.
My wife, who still makes me want to be a better man after 28 tears of bliss.
My son, in whom God blessed me.
A roof over my head.
Bounty on my table.
The pure love and affection of three Shiz Tzus.
Prayers lifted up in my behalf by others.
The freedoms I enjoy in the U.S. and never take for granted.
God's sharing in His wonderful abundance with me and mine.

And, of course, fine cigars. ;)

AMR

Your post pretty much says it all, except, in additional to my wonderful son I also have four beautiful daughters! My husband of 53 years passed away on December 6th, at home and I was able to say "I love you Tom" as he drew his last breath. I consider myself blessed to have walked by his side for most of my life. Our family rallied to our side during his illness and provided prayers, comfort and support with love and kindness as we tended to our necessities. Our church, our friends and neighbors have also helped us. We live in a great country and I am grateful to be an American! What more can I say except Merry Christmas! Our Savior is born! Blessings to all, bybee

bybee

Dear Girl,

Dear Girl,

I cannot count that high.

Besides long posts are not well received, so let us say after 10 pages, a poor start, that a good start would be 'for sending me a Redeemer in Jesus Christ to wash away the sins not washable by man' that only God could do for me, Him alone.

I can't give you rep for a while so I say it here, I agree with your sentiments. Blessings to you and yours. bybee

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Merry Christmas!

Blessings. There are and have been so many. As I look back, God has even granted blessings in time of trouble and turmoil. God blessed me in my darkest hours and brought me into the Light. He has never left me nor forsook me. Even facing immanent danger of physical death, He has preserved me.

His great gift to me is John 8:32 (KJV). It doesn't matter what others choose to do. I am free by the grace of our Father through His Son and comforted by the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Granite

Hall of Fame
My amazing, gorgeous, intelligent, successful, talented, wise, and supportive wife. The love and joy of my life.

My family--my big, talkative, super-sharp, eccentric, and beloved family. Three brothers, three sisters, two parents enjoying their third decade of romance.

My friends are varied, bold when needed, prudent when called for, longsuffering, loyal, and a remarkable blessing.

My health is sounder than ever and I'm blessed with a face/mouth made for slapping, as my mother was wont to point out in my youth.:chuckle: I won't give my enemies the satisfaction of ever seeing me sick! Or dead, for that matter. (Singularity! Singularity!)

My ramshackle, exasperating, yet somehow charming house provides me warmth, comfort, a fine yard, a beautiful riverside view, and many fond memories, as well as more to come.

The car is new and runs like a champ. Always good.

The dog is also new, and just over a year old. She is a lovable, goofy, already-devoted, charming, incredibly cute, and very intelligent pit bull. And beware, for she will lick your hand to death once she figures out you're one of the good guys.

The cats are maddening and impossible to hate. So goes their species.

And yes, I'm quite thankful for Christmas, the most wondrous time of the year.

lucy

God's unlimited love and mercy...
A beautiful home...
A wonderful career and great co-workers....
Warm, wonderful family.....
My sweet dog and goofy cat.....
For friends at TOL ......

Four O'Clock

Christmas to me signals birth, or re-birth in some cases. This will be our first Christmas without Mom who is in our Lord's care now each and every moment for all eternity. The current administration here in Indiana has de-funded our organization after thirty years of support and I will (barring a miracle) be without a full-time job come June 30th but we all should simply take Romans 8:28 to heart. With all my transgressions thruout the years, I know that God loves me and cares for me and mine. In this celebration of Christ's birth, I am rededicating my life into His keeping knowing He will always be there for me. Blessings to all here at TOL, even the few I always seem to joust with on a regular basis, you all remain my Christian brothers and sisters...

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your post pretty much says it all, except, in additional to my wonderful son I also have four beautiful daughters! My husband of 53 years passed away on December 6th, at home and I was able to say "I love you Tom" as he drew his last breath. I consider myself blessed to have walked by his side for most of my life. Our family rallied to our side during his illness and provided prayers, comfort and support with love and kindness as we tended to our necessities. Our church, our friends and neighbors have also helped us. We live in a great country and I am grateful to be an American! What more can I say except Merry Christmas! Our Savior is born! Blessings to all, bybee

Joy and sorrow, sympathy and cheer

Then December came,
A husband lay with heaven only moments away;
And e’er it came, he whispers his weeping wife to cheer,
“I love you, We shall meet again, my dear,
Come let me whisper in your ear —
I’m going home for Christmas.”

bybee
Merry Christmas

Psalmist and Mrs Psalmist

bybee

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

My amazing, gorgeous, intelligent, successful, talented, wise, and supportive wife. The love and joy of my life.

My family--my big, talkative, super-sharp, eccentric, and beloved family. Three brothers, three sisters, two parents enjoying their third decade of romance.

My friends are varied, bold when needed, prudent when called for, longsuffering, loyal, and a remarkable blessing.

My health is sounder than ever and I'm blessed with a face/mouth made for slapping, as my mother was wont to point out in my youth.:chuckle: I won't give my enemies the satisfaction of ever seeing me sick! Or dead, for that matter. (Singularity! Singularity!)

My ramshackle, exasperating, yet somehow charming house provides me warmth, comfort, a fine yard, a beautiful riverside view, and many fond memories, as well as more to come.

The car is new and runs like a champ. Always good.

The dog is also new, and just over a year old. She is a lovable, goofy, already-devoted, charming, incredibly cute, and very intelligent pit bull. And beware, for she will lick your hand to death once she figures out you're one of the good guys.

The cats are maddening and impossible to hate. So goes their species.

And yes, I'm quite thankful for Christmas, the most wondrous time of the year.

Well said! Blessings to you and yours! bybee

Status
Not open for further replies.