toldailytopic: Racism. Should people have the right to be racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocJohnson

I think his point was similar to a Chris Rock joke. Many jews are very disciplined as a result of the cultural aspects of their religion. Many jews think that gentiles are not disciplined by their religion in the same way that they are. So gentiles back then were "keeping it real", "real stupid".

Which goes back to my point that it was a purely religious remark.

noguru

Uh, I reckon we both got your "point" when you first made such an asinine claim Egohiym. You have a sad and warped view of God. Good luck with it. :plain:

From what I know of Elohyim, I do not think he generally makes assinine comments. He usually thinks things through pretty well.

Arthur Brain

From what I know of Elohyim, I do not think he generally makes assinine comments. He usually thinks things through pretty well.

And if that happens in future I'll acknowledge it. Equating Jesus to someone who makes derogatory racist remarks to women is the antithesis of that.

The Berean

That is an accurate statement. Although I think The Godfather tends to glorify the lifestyle, despite the blatant contradictions in scenes such as Michael's nephew's baptism. Whereas Goodfellas shows gritty truth of what it is like to be a part of a crew.

That's true. We didn't see as much on-screen violence from Clemenza, Tessio and Al Neri. Though I think Luca Brasi would have fit right in with crew from Goodfellas.

elohiym

You have a sad and warped view of God. Good luck with it. :plain:

God is a racist.

Deuteronomy 7:1-3

1 When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;
2 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:
3 Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

There is a time for every purpose under heaven (Ecc 3:1), including racism. You are completely ignoring the definitions of race, racism and discrimination so you can continue to worship your Disney version of God and maintain your failed argument in a debate that you lost several pages ago.

Good luck with that. :plain:

TeeJay

Sin or Crime

Sin or Crime

Hello all,

If you are a police officer and you think every Black you encounter is a criminal, THEN YOU ARE A RACIST. If you are a Black, and you think that every police officer you encounter is a racist, THEN YOU ARE A RACIST also.

Humanly speaking, you have the right to hate a man because of the color of his skin. While this is a sin in God's eyes--to hate without cause--it is not a crime. All crimes are sins, but all sins are not crimes. I have the right to covet my neighbor's car (not a crime), but I do not have the right to steal it (a crime).

In Jesus' parable, He paid the workers who had not worked as many hours as others the same wage. And He was challenged by the workers who had labored since early morning. But God said, "Can't I do with my own as I wish?" If I'm building a house, am I a racist for giving the contract to an Amish carpenter instead of going to the ghetto in Dallas?

Yes, you have the right to be racist. Tom in Mabank, TX

Arthur Brain

God is a racist.

Deuteronomy 7:1-3

1 When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;
2 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:
3 Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

There is a time for every purpose under heaven (Ecc 3:1), including racism. You are completely ignoring the definitions of race, racism and discrimination so you can continue to worship your Disney version of God and maintain your failed argument in a debate that you lost several pages ago.

Good luck with that. :plain:

I might have guessed that you'd start quoting from the OT. In those times things were tribal and barbaric in general. Harsh times. Jesus brought a new covenant and condoning derogatory prejudice wasn't part of it. Should we still have an eye for an eye? What do you think was one of the central points of the good samaritan?

Ironic that you should accuse me of worshipping a 'Disney' version of God where Disney himself wasn't all 'sweetness and light'.

And pfffft. I'm always amused when an opponent in a debate claims victory as if it means anything.

Also, how can God be a racist when He creates the whole human race to start with? :freak:

elohiym

Also, how can God be a racist when He creates the whole human race to start with? :freak:

You need to first go and learn what the definitions of race, racism, and discrimination are. Then perhaps you'll understand that your question is totally pointless.

DocJohnson

Racism is defined as a feeling of superiority or hatred toward those of another race.

Discrimination is defined as making a distinction based on race, group, class, category, etc.

Arthur Brain

You need to first go and learn what the definitions of race, racism, and discrimination are. Then perhaps you'll understand that your question is totally pointless.

Coming from someone who thinks that Jesus was deliberately derogatory to a woman from a 'non Jewish' race this would be hysterical if it weren't so sad. :plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.