toldailytopic: Racism. Should people have the right to be racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

So do you prefer The Godfather or Goodfellas? :chuckle:

Tough question. I prefer Goodfellas for one reason and The Godfather for another. Goodfellas is more accurate as to how the Mafia works, but The Godfather gives a better portrayal of Sicilian family life.

Arthur Brain

Again, I would explain this to you, but it is not meet for me to take time from my children to reason with dogs.

Did I just call you a dog?

¿Habla Inglés? :idunno:

As you've started the sentence directly stating you would explain this to me, but then effectively can't be bothered then you certainly are implying that I am a dog with that structure.

That doesn't apply to the verse in question. Points for effort though

:plain:

DocJohnson

And if I call your race dogs, contrasting that with my children. What am I saying about your race?

If you first qualified your statement by saying that your children are sheep, that would help put things into perspective!

This woman was sensible and understanding enough to respond in kind by saying, "But even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters' table."

Jesus then immediately healed her daughter because of her great faith.

The Berean

Tough question. I prefer Goodfellas for one reason and The Godfather for another. Goodfellas is more accurate as to how the Mafia works, but The Godfather gives a better portrayal of Sicilian family life.

I got the impression that the Godfather was based on Mafia types from the early part of the 20th century while Goodfellas was based more on the late 20th century mafia.

Arthur Brain

So was calling someone a sheep. :mmph:

It all depends on how you use the term.

Calling someone either isn't regarded as a compliment these days. If you're a sheep you blindly follow the crowd and if you're a dog then it's an insult towards women. I'm not sure how either term could be used in such a way that could be construed as complimentary or neutral. :think:

elohiym

As you've started the sentence directly stating you would explain this to me, but then effectively can't be bothered then you certainly are implying that I am a dog with that structure.

That doesn't apply to the verse in question.

You're being obtuse.

elohiym

This woman was sensible and understanding enough to respond in kind by saying, "But even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters' table."

Right, because she understood him calling her a dog to be a derogatory, racist remark. Her response leaves us no doubt.

noguru

I got the impression that the Godfather was based on Mafia types from the early part of the 20th century while Goodfellas was based more on the late 20th century mafia.

That is an accurate statement. Although I think The Godfather tends to glorify the lifestyle, despite the blatant contradictions in scenes such as Michael's nephew's baptism. Whereas Goodfellas shows gritty truth of what it is like to be a part of a crew.

noguru

So you think that Jesus went around calling average human beings derogatory racist insults. Good grief. :plain:

I think his point was similar to a Chris Rock joke. Many jews are very disciplined as a result of the cultural aspects of their religion. Many jews think that gentiles are not disciplined by their religion in the same way that they are. So gentiles back then were "keeping it real", "real stupid".

Arthur Brain

Yes, now I'm happy. You both finally get my point.

Examples of human intelligence at it's finest. :rolleyes:

Uh, I reckon we both got your "point" when you first made such an asinine claim Egohiym. You have a sad and warped view of God. Good luck with it. :plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.