toldailytopic: Should the Boy Scouts of America lift the gay ban and allow homosexual

Granite

Hall of Fame
Institutionalized discrimination, prejudice, and bigotry is acceptable whenever it is based on conduct (or misconduct) and not on race, color, religion, national origin, or genetic gender.

So beyond whatever you happen to consider sexual "deviancy" what other conduct would you consider grounds for discrimination?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Do they? Are we playing the "if's and but's game" Granite?

If if's and but's were candies and nuts well we would all have a swell Christmas.

All this tells me is that you're not willing to answer the question because of its implications.

gcthomas

I "must" know :chuckle: I do know that you and I do not share the same beliefs on this and many other matters and I don't think anything I say or find in research will change your hard heart. Potato, Patata....

(there is another thread called pedophelia and homosexuality so you can address others as well)

Galatians 5:9
A little gay here, a little gay there, a little abortion here, a little there NO, NO not here, not ever.

Thank you for pointing out AB's thread, I have already read it. I did not know she was specifically talking about me Granite but she can contact me if she likes.

The word homosexual means sexually attracted to the same sex. Attraction to children goes by another name. You are deliberately distorting the meaning of the word. If you MUST define homosexuality as being attracted to children, then most ACTUAL homosexuals would not qualify to be called that. You categorise people as homosexuals based on their adult sexual orientation, then change the word to mean paedophilia, and accuse them of that instead.

It is dishonest to mix up the meanings of two words just so that you can vilify a group with whom you disagree.

genuineoriginal

So beyond whatever you happen to consider sexual "deviancy" what other conduct would you consider grounds for discrimination?

Have you ever heard of a group called MADD?

Their entire existance is to promote discrimination, prejudice, and bigotry against a group of people identified by their conduct.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Have you ever heard of a group called MADD?

Their entire existance is to promote discrimination, prejudice, and bigotry against a group of people identified by their conduct.

Well no, not exactly. In fact, not at all. And this doesn't answer my question.

I'll repeat it for convenience's sake: Beyond whatever you happen to consider sexual "deviancy" what other conduct would you consider grounds for discrimination?

And to clarify I'm speaking of institutionalized, reinforced discrimination here. Could be a school, restaurant, club, what have you. When do you think prejudice, discrimination, and bigotry are justified and acceptable?

LKmommy

All this tells me is that you're not willing to answer the question because of its implications.

You assume and you are incorrect. How about I don't care how you respond to others not only on this topic but on other threads. Apparently you think I am your meal ticket today.

I have answered the question of the day. I have pointed out one big chunk of my belief system and it keeps getting ignored. I have no time for if's and but's.

genuineoriginal

Well no, not exactly. In fact, not at all. And this doesn't answer my question.
MADD promotes discrimination, prejudice, and bigotry against a group of people identified by their conduct. Fact. Accept it, or remain an idiot.

I'll repeat it for convenience's sake: Beyond whatever you happen to consider sexual "deviancy" what other conduct would you consider grounds for discrimination?

And to clarify I'm speaking of institutionalized, reinforced discrimination here. Could be a school, restaurant, club, what have you. When do you think prejudice, discrimination, and bigotry are justified and acceptable?
You mean like the bans against tobacco smokers? Or the laws against marijuana use? How about the laws preventing people from practicing medicine without the right college degree?

Face facts. Prejudice, discrimination, and even bigotry against people for their conduct and misconduct is the law.

Granite

Hall of Fame
MADD promotes discrimination, prejudice, and bigotry against a group of people identified by their conduct.

This whole bit is a complete diversion, GO. I asked for your opinion. For some reason you came up with an institution that tries to prevent drunk driving. In fact, so far you haven't offered your own actual opinion on anything except your support for banning open homosexuals from the Scouts.

You mean like the bans against tobacco smokers?

Once again: I am asking for your opinion. If I asked you in the Fifties if Jim Crow was immoral, and all you said was "It's the law," that wouldn't be answering my question. Something tells me if I asked you abortion's morality, "It's the law" wouldn't be your response.

You're dodging.

Again:

Beyond whatever you happen to consider sexual "deviancy" what other conduct would you consider grounds for discrimination?

LKmommy

The word homosexual means sexually attracted to the same sex. Attraction to children goes by another name. You are deliberately distorting the meaning of the word. If you MUST define homosexuality as being attracted to children, then most ACTUAL homosexuals would not qualify to be called that. You categorise people as homosexuals based on their adult sexual orientation, then change the word to mean paedophilia, and accuse them of that instead.

It is dishonest to mix up the meanings of two words just so that you can vilify a group with whom you disagree.

No, no dear GCThomas I did not distort anything. I know the difference between the two words and NO WHERE in this post did I link the two. You took two seperate points and then put your words in my mouth. Please stop making assumptions.

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
No, no dear Granite I did not distort anything. I know the difference between the two words and NO WHERE in this post did I link the two. You took two seperate points and then put your words in my mouth. Please stop making assumptions.

Please get my name right.:chuckle:;)

gcthomas

Uh, yes. All sodomites, murderers, rapists, kidnappers, adulterers are evil.

I hadn't realised the Scouts banned adulterers as well! For the sake of the boys, I hope they ban unrepentant bigots while they have the opportunity.

gcthomas

No, no dear GCThomas I did not distort anything. I know the difference between the two words and NO WHERE in this post did I link the two. You took two seperate points and then put your words in my mouth. Please stop making assumptions.

Sorry, I must have got confused when you wrote:

the unnatural acts of homosexuals that want to be around little boys.

.. and when I said that you must know that homosexuals are not generally attracted to children, you wrote:

I "must" know. I do know that you and I do not share the same beliefs on this and many other matters ...

Easy mistake to make, when you strongly implied that homosexuals are attracted to boys.

If you will clearly state that you don't think that homosexuals are more attracted to boys than heterosexuals are attracted to children of the opposite sex, then I will happily withdraw the accusation of gross distortion.

genuineoriginal

Once again: I am asking for your opinion. If I asked you in the Fifties if Jim Crow was immoral, and all you said was "It's the law," that wouldn't be answering my question. Something tells me if I asked you abortion's morality, "It's the law" wouldn't be your response.
When I said, "Prejudice, discrimination, and even bigotry against people for their conduct and misconduct is the law," you were unable to understand what I said, which explains the strawmen that you put up.

Let me try again.

Prejudice, discrimination, and even bigotry against people for their conduct and misconduct is very foundation of criminal law. There is no criminal law that is passed that is not based on the presupposition that prejudice, discrimination, and even bigotry against people is the proper way of dealing with matters of conduct and misconduct.

Your turn. Prove that the federal ban on weapon ownership by people convicted of felonies is not an act of prejudice, discrimination, or even bigotry.

Granite

Hall of Fame
When I said, "Prejudice, discrimination, and even bigotry against people for their conduct and misconduct is the law," you were unable to understand what I said, which explains the strawmen that you put up.

I understood it just fine--as a cop-out and a dodge. You're still not answering this question.

Prejudice, discrimination, and even bigotry against people for their conduct and misconduct is very foundation of criminal law.

:rotfl:

There is no criminal law that is passed that is not based on the presupposition that prejudice, discrimination, and even bigotry against people is the proper way of dealing with matters of conduct and misconduct.

See above. This is, really, completely laughable.

Prove that the federal ban on weapon ownership by people convicted of felonies is not an act of prejudice, discrimination, or even bigotry.

I'd appreciate it if you had the courtesy of answering my questions before you expect me to answer yours.

Beyond whatever you happen to consider sexual "deviancy" what other conduct would you consider grounds for discrimination?

Ball's back in your court.

genuineoriginal

:rotfl:

See above. This is, really, completely laughable.

Ball's back in your court.

Once again, I appear to be the only one interested in a serious conversation in the matter.

I have explained that conduct and misconduct is proper grounds for discrimination. You think that conduct and misconduct is the same thing as the color of someone's skin.

You have not been able to justify your belief that being a drunk driver and being a Jew are no different from each other.

If you are ever willing to have a serious conversation on it, let me know.

:e4e:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Once again, I appear to be the only one interested in a serious conversation in the matter.

Give me a break, GO. Either you're genuinely dense or playing dumb. I'm interested in a discussion here, not you accusing me of being something I'm not.

I have explained that conduct and misconduct is proper grounds for discrimination.

...in one situation (the Scouts). Yet when I've asked you repeatedly (three times now, for those keeping score at home) for any other example you believe would justify discrimination, you've avoided the question completely. So either you can't answer it, want to play games, or you're unwilling to answer the question for whatever personal reasons or discomfort it may provoke. That's only something you can really know.

You think that conduct and misconduct is the same thing as the color of someone's skin.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, and you know it.

You have not been able to justify your belief that being a drunk driver and being a Jew are no different from each other.

See above. Are you truly this dim or are you just trying to play games today?

That you can't answer some pretty clear-cut questions about discrimination and bigotry is very, very telling.

This is TOL, a board designed for discussion and defense of our opinions. And yet when I asked you for yours, you clam up and are unwilling to share them.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My child was sick....I am sorry I dont glue myself to TOL and can not respond as quickly as you like.

YES for the 3rd time. I stand by the quote no matter WHO said it. Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society. The BSA (founded upon Christian values) should not be forced by anyone to accept homosexuals as leaders of their young boys.

:first: POTD

skramltrebor

My child was sick....I am sorry I dont glue myself to TOL and can not respond as quickly as you like.

YES for the 3rd time. I stand by the quote no matter WHO said it. Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society. The BSA (founded upon Christian values) should not be forced by anyone to accept homosexuals as leaders of their young boys.

What is a bigger problem in today's world, ignorancy or apathy. I don't know and I don't care. :chuckle: