toldailytopic: Should the Boy Scouts of America lift the gay ban and allow homosexual

gcthomas

I do NOT accept namecalling. My five year old has more class than you Uber. How is name calling EVER "an attempt at humor"?

I am afraid you are tolerant to the unnatural acts of homosexuals that want to be around little boys.

Name calling is wrong, but libelling a whole group is fine?

You must know that homosexual men like men, not boys. Heterosexual women like men, not boys. Intolerance is a political choice: it is not a requirement of all christians, so don't dress it up as a religious obligation. (Check out the 'confirmation bias' TOL thread running now)

not4sure

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 11th, 2013 06:00 AM

toldailytopic: Should the Boy Scouts of America lift the gay ban and allow homosexual troop leaders?

They'd have to change the

Scout Oath

OMG, I will do my best
To do my duty to Obama and the lib-rals
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times with govmint handouts;
To keep myself metro-sexual,
mentally indoctrinated, and morally queer.

Granite

Hall of Fame
There are many to have claimed this quote. Is it Aristotle, Plato, Socrates or a little of each? Throw in some JKennedy and Dr. Pearce and if this is the outcome....

I SUPPORT THE STATEMENT not the person who said it how about that? As for "dont fall for it", do not worry about me for I believe the message: Galatians 5:9

What part of "Aristotle didn't say that" is so hard for you to understand?

LKmommy

Granite, it pleases me that you take such an interest. The "Aristotle" that I found 3 or 4 years ago when I put up the quote. Ask a moderator when I put it up and when I found it it has been 3 years and Wiki and other sources have expanded since then.

Topic of the day is NOT where I found my quote or who I attributed it to HOWEVER, I will pull his name off of it and put "unknown" since many people claim the quote including Kennedy, Pierce, Plato, and Aristotle.....and some people can not help themselves for attacking me over it!

LKmommy

It is not hard Granite. How hard is it for you at this:

The BSA should not be forced to tolerate gays in their organization if they don't want them there-ME.

LKmommy

Name calling is wrong, but libelling a whole group is fine?

You must know that homosexual men like men, not boys. Heterosexual women like men, not boys. Intolerance is a political choice: it is not a requirement of all christians, so don't dress it up as a religious obligation. (Check out the 'confirmation bias' TOL thread running now)

I "must" know :chuckle: I do know that you and I do not share the same beliefs on this and many other matters and I don't think anything I say or find in research will change your hard heart. Potato, Patata....

(there is another thread called pedophelia and homosexuality so you can address others as well)

Galatians 5:9
A little gay here, a little gay there, a little abortion here, a little there NO, NO not here, not ever.

Thank you for pointing out AB's thread, I have already read it. I did not know she was specifically talking about me Granite but she can contact me if she likes.

LKmommy

Took you long enough to finally get with the program.:rotfl:

Substitute "gays" with "Jews." Would you still agree with your statement?

My child was sick....I am sorry I dont glue myself to TOL and can not respond as quickly as you like.

YES for the 3rd time. I stand by the quote no matter WHO said it. Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society. The BSA (founded upon Christian values) should not be forced by anyone to accept homosexuals as leaders of their young boys.

Granite

Hall of Fame
My child was sick....I am sorry I dont glue myself to TOL and can not respond as quickly as you like.

YES for the 3rd time. I stand by the quote no matter WHO said it. Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society. The BSA (founded upon Christian values) should not be forced by anyone to accept homosexuals as leaders of their young boys.

So if the Scouts wanted to exclude blacks, or Jews, or Koreans, or any other group, you'd have no problem with that whatsoever?

genuineoriginal

:yawn:

Take the question seriously. Put another way, in what instances are institutionalized prejudice and bigotry acceptable?
:nono:

Take the objection seriously. Put another way, in what instances are deviant sexual practices acceptable? Incest, paedophilia, bestiality?

Granite

Hall of Fame
:nono:

Take the objection seriously. Put another way, in what instances are deviant sexual practices acceptable? Incest, paedophilia, bestiality?

GO, we're going to keep talking passed one another because you consider homosexuality deviant, and I don't. So, answer my question if you can, or like: when and where is institutionalized discrimination, prejudice, and bigotry acceptable?

genuineoriginal

GO, we're going to keep talking passed one another because you consider homosexuality deviant, and I don't. So, answer my question if you can, or like: when and where is institutionalized discrimination, prejudice, and bigotry acceptable?

Institutionalized discrimination, prejudice, and bigotry is acceptable whenever it is based on conduct (or misconduct) and not on race, color, religion, national origin, or genetic gender.

LKmommy

So if the Scouts wanted to exclude blacks, or Jews, or Koreans, or any other group, you'd have no problem with that whatsoever?

Do they? Are we playing the "if's and but's game" Granite?

If if's and but's were candies and nuts well we would all have a swell Christmas.

Last edited: