toldailytopic: What is the meaning of life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Why? Because God is LOVE. He created us in His image, to LOVE us. Not just affectionately, but passionately. He desires us, He searches for us, the Shepherd who leaves His flock to find us and carry us home on His shoulders, the Bridegroom who is captivated by His bride, the Seeker Who knocks at our door. We don't seek Him, He first has searched for, and loved us, eternally.
But why did God create us to love us? You said, "because God is love." Does that mean He didn't have a choice to create us? If He did have a choice then He could have chosen not to create us and still remained the same God of love He was from eternity past. So why did He create us?

Aimiel

But why did God create us to love us? You said, "because God is love." Does that mean He didn't have a choice to create us? If He did have a choice then He could have chosen not to create us and still remained the same God of love He was from eternity past. So why did He create us?
I believe that He was compelled to by His Character. He's not only loving, but charitable. He wants to give, not just have. He always gives more than He receives. That's just His Nature.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned

There. I finally got to give the answer in a thread before anyone else. The answer to the ultimate question, about life, the universe and everything is: forty-two. Now. What is the question? :thumb:

To slug you for beating me to this answer.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But God already had a loving relationship within the Trinity. So why did He create us?

It's kind of like you said earlier in one of your posts. A married couple can have a great relationship but they have children as a way of obtaining more loving relationships. And the fact that the children spring from the both of them even causes the couple's relationship to be stronger and more meaningful.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I agree. I believe that we're cherished and reverenced, far beyond the love that we feel for God. He longs to spend time with us and be in our presence, far more than we desire to be in His.
So are you saying that when God's longing to spend time with us and be in our presence is satisfied, that it increases God's pleasure?

elohiym

My one word answer...

The meaning of life is: relationships.

God created us to have a loving relationship with Him and others.

I completely agree. :thumb:

My answer was going to be, and is, similarly fellowship.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I believe that He was compelled to by His Character. He's not only loving, but charitable. He wants to give, not just have. He always gives more than He receives. That's just His Nature.
If He was "compelled" to by His nature then why didn't He create us sooner?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
It's kind of like you said earlier in one of your posts. A married couple can have a great relationship but they have children as a way of obtaining more loving relationships. And the fact that the children spring from the both of them even causes the couple's relationship to be stronger and more meaningful.
Correct, but why does God want to have more relationships and to have those relationships to grow stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.