toldailytopic: What is the meaning of life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
This is an important topic

We should have better answers than we are getting

Many do not seem to be prepared for this topic

You should be

elohiym

...I feel pushed to exercise that privilege to try and experience and learn as much about what is around me, where I stand in relation to the whole...

To me, it sounds like you are trying to understand your relationship to something that you can never fully understand.

It's a pretty good purpose, because it really only requires a library card and an Internet connection and it provides a never ending challenge.

The never ending challenge implies that you can never fully understand the relationship.

But if I was hit by a bus today, people could say with confidence that I died happy.

Why?

Sounds like protofaith to me.

zoo22

I don't know. I don't expect to (but that won't stop me trying).

That said, I think that meanings of life develop for each person as they live their life.

In that regard, for me, I agree with Rusha: "loving and caring for your children, family, friends and fellowman in such a way that their lives are affected in a positive manner."

I'd add oneself to the list.

And yes, God on that list.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
for everyone who did not rebel
We're getting there chrysostom. This is fun. The reason why I keep asking "why" is because that's how I came to my answer. I think if you keep asking yourself "why" you will come to the same conclusion. So let's continue...

Why does God care that consequences are not horrible "for everyone who did not rebel"?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
We're getting there chrysostom. This is fun. The reason why I keep asking "why" is because that's how I came to my answer. I think if you keep asking yourself "why" you will come to the same conclusion. So let's continue...

Why does God care that consequences are not horrible "for everyone who did not rebel"?

have you ever been in a room where a fight broke out?

I guess you haven't

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[punishment1984]Life has no meaning[/punishment1984]

Knight's first post summed it up for me - to know God.

And in response to Jefferson - why not? :D

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Because otherwise those who don't rebel would have to live in hell rather than in joy, peace, and ultimate fulfillment for eternity.

(Let me guess. Your response to this is going to be, "But why?") :chuckle:

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.