toldailytopic: What is the most emotionally difficult thing you have ever done in you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 13th, 2010 09:24 AM

toldailytopic: What is the most emotionally difficult thing you have ever done in your life?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was after my daughter's death in June ... regardless of how I wanted and still want to just shut down, I have to keep moving forward and be strong for my other two children.

BabyChristian

toldailytopic: What is the most emotionally difficult thing you have ever done in your life?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Not killing myself.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is the first I've heard about this. I am so sorry for your loss.

Was she your oldest daughter? How are your other two children doing? How are you doing?

Thank you for your condolences.

Yes, she was my oldest daughter and my youngest daughter has held up fairly well by staying focused on her job and schooling.

My son, who found her, is finally starting to do better. As for me, I am doing as well as any parent who has lost one of their children. I am still in a depressive state, however, I also know that I would be dishonoring my daughter's memory if I did not put her brother, sister and grandmother's emotional needs above my own by being there for them.

BabyChristian

Thank you for your condolences.

Yes, she was my oldest daughter and my youngest daughter has held up fairly well by staying focused on her job and schooling.

My son, who found her, is finally starting to do better. As for me, I am doing as well as any parent who has lost one of their children. I am still in a depressive state, however, I also know that I would be dishonoring my daughter's memory if I did not put her brother, sister and grandmother's emotional needs above my own by being there for them.

You are so much more mentally well than I am. I love you. I love your strength.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are so much more mentally well than I am. I love you. I love your strength.

I love you too, my friend. Just remember, this has been so hard on me that very few people here on TOL even that knew about it.

However, this isn't about me, this is about yourself and your son. So I am going to tell you pretty much what I stated in our PM:

You need to learn to forgive yourself and the best way to do that is by going to your son and asking him for his forgiveness. Let him know your sole focus is going to be to love and help him through this.

Ask him how you can help him keeping in mind that it may take awhile to get a coherent answer. He is hurting and people lash our in anger when they are hurting.

I am NOT a Christian, BC, however, I do understand quite a lot about Christianity. The one thing you need to know is that the past is the past and all you can do is move forward and do your best.

Refuse to get angry at your son and make sure that every word and action you show him is done out of love. Whether he admits it or not, he will know you love him and are trying to make things better.

Even though you feel defeated, you are strong and need to stay strong for your son. THAT, my friend, is the best you can do.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was after my daughter's death in June ... regardless of how I wanted and still want to just shut down, I have to keep moving forward and be strong for my other two children.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Rusha. It makes my heart hurt. I admire your outlook over the well being of your other children and your concern for them before yourself.

vnctblzn

became aware that my father and his husband kidnapped, drugged, sodomized and filmed a prepubescant little boy. no criminal charges against my father. his husband served 10 years only in jail.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm so sorry to hear this, Rusha. It makes my heart hurt. I admire your outlook over the well being of your other children and your concern for them before yourself.

Thank you, Poly.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Told my sister that our family was going to have nothing more to do with her since she was living with her boyfriend and refused to hear our pleas with her to see that what she was doing was wrong and that she needed to get out of the situation.

We had no contact with her for a long time until she finally came around and ended up marrying him.

Status
Not open for further replies.