toldailytopic: Why do you suppose most major media outlets are so overwhelming libera

Alate_One

:rotfl:

...feather problem
You have a monkey problem.

What is offensive about a black athlete appearing alongside a monkey? You don't think she came from a monkey-like being do you? When you see her, do you think of monkey?
We ALL came from monkeys. Not the ones still swinging in the trees, but creatures, if they were alive today, nobody would have trouble calling a monkey. In fact phylogenetically we are ALL STILL monkeys. But nobody alive today is any closer to monkeys than anyone else.

More than likely, all of our human ancestors had dark skin. So racism is really stupid, because if you go back far enough, everyone was black and everyone is ultimately from Africa.

The network apologized because the juxtaposition was unfortunate although not intended and networks are often very sensitive to even the appearance of doing something wrong.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Serpent is hissing..."
I am not an animal. I am a human being. :plain: Do you think that people came :DK: from animals? :dizzy:

"...I suppose Serpent's notion of "racism" is a bit different than that of most Americans."
I believe God did what he said he did (Ge 1:1, Ge 1:26,27; 1 Co 11:7, Jas 3:9). :poly:

What do you believe? Is it ok to think that some monkeys are more special than other monkeys? :Shimei: What makes one monkey more evolved :freak: than another monkey? :smokie:

See:

Barbarian

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I am not an animal.

Homo sapiens. A primate.

I am a human being.

That is the genus of animal you are.

Do you think that people came from animals?

People are animals. By definition.

Animal

Definition

noun, plural: animals

A living organism belonging to Kingdom Animalia that possess several characteristics that set them apart from other living things, such as:

(1) being eukaryotic (i.e. the cell contains a membrane-bound nucleus) and usually multicellular (unlike bacteria and most protists, an animal is composed of several cells performing specific functions) (
2) being heterotrophic (unlike plants and algae that are autotrophic, an animal depends on another organism for sustenance) and generally digesting food in an internal chamber (such as a digestive tract)
(3) lacking cell wall (unlike plants, algae and some fungi that possess cell walls)
(4) being generally motile, that is being able to move voluntarily
(5) embryos passing through a blastula stage
(6) possessing specialized sensory organs for recognizing and responding to stimuli in the environment

http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Animal

Barbarian observes:
Serpent is hissing about a somewhat clumsy media portrayal of a black gymnast with a subsequent portrayal of a gymnastic monkey. From that, she touts a book by a creationist who objects to Darwin's argument that all men have an equal right to freedom and dignity, but praised an author who claimed blacks are intellectually and spiritually inferior. I suppose Serpent's notion of "racism" is a bit different than that of most Americans."

I believe God did what he said he did

No, you want God to do what you say He did.

What do you believe?

Since God rules out the creationist doctrine of "life ex nihilo", there really isn't much choice for a Christian, is there?

Is it ok to think that some monkeys are more special than other monkeys?

I know some apes are more special than others. They were the ones who were directly given an immortal soul.

What makes one monkey more evolved than another monkey?

Do you think that God cares that we are more evolved than H. erectus, but less evolved than Neandertals?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Do you think that some special monkeys descended from the trees and began to manipulate tools which later became human beings? :DK: Are some monkeys more developed--more special :Shimei: than other monkeys? :dizzy:
I believe you're monkeying around. :plain: Were you, perhaps, a gymnast?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Homo sapiens. A primate...

Too bad you don't have a biblical worldview (Ge 1:26, 27; 1 Co 11:7, Jas 3:9).

People are animals.
Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
Ge 1:24-26

God rules out the creationist doctrine...
Ge 1:1

"Too bad." :chz4brnz: ~ Seth Brundle, The Fly

See:

Barbarian

...ome apes are more special than others.
Col 2:8

These young men held your worldview.

dylan_klebold_u_eric_harris2.jpg

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Here's something that may interest you. :)

Interesting but not reflective as a whole, especially as it was the BBC who investigated the journalism to determine any bias. ;)

I've given up trying to make comparisons between your terminology and ours. :eek: And a major difference is you've got far more than a two-party system which makes it that much more complicated.

Well, in fairness there's only two which have any chance of independent government - either labour or conservative. The 'liberal democrats' had a coat tail ticket last time around but after this government they'll have no chance of anything else for a long time IMO....

I'd agree with that assessment. :e4e:

It's sad but true I feel overall....

:e4e:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
(Serpent denies being an animal)

Barbarian corrects:
Homo sapiens. A primate...

Too bad you don't have a biblical worldview

The Bible says we were brought forth from the earth as other animals were. The difference is we have an immortal soul. But you don't believe the Bible when it doesn't agree with you.

Barbarian observes:
People are animals.

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness

The "image" is in our immortal soul, and our ability to know good and evil. We don't physically resemble God. God doesn't need nostrils or kneecaps or toes. As Jesus says, God is a spirit, and spirits have no bodies. And yes, Jesus has a body, because He is also fully human.

Barbarian observes:
Since God rules out the creationist doctrine of "life ex nihilo", there really isn't much choice for a Christian, is there?

"Too bad."

For you, perhaps. But not for a Bible-believing Christian.

(Link to Serpent questioning the Resurrection)

Odd, but it doesn't really apply to the OP.

Serpent writes:
...ome apes are more special than others.

One pair of them received immortal souls directly from God. Is that special enough for you?

These young men held your worldview.

They don't look much like Christians to me, but then you touted an author claiming that thinking all men are endowed with the right to freedom and dignity is "racism."

So that could be it. Perhaps guns are important to your idea of Christianity.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
How many times have I warned you about posting on TOL when you are drunk?

No but seriously... you can't be serious? (how's that for a sentence?)

The mainstream media is apologetically liberal. It's not that as if that's even a big revelation as everyone with half a brain knows it's true. The questions is... why is it so?

It all began after WWI, but I shall not digress, and have written on this here.

US has gone from a ‘can do' to a ‘shall do’ society
No longer do we try to work hard, but find solace in the ways of man alone.
We shall not pollute: while China pollutes, we will see China passing us in GNP very soon\
We shall be always tolerant, while China is strict with workers, they get things done
We shall never make a dumbbell feel like one; while in China, if one is dumb, they do manual work, and are happy to have it. Here, we send stupid kids to college, because we do not what them to have low self-esteem! They take non-academic subjects, or the easiest academic subjects, then graduate in civil service work, filling out forms a eighth grade child could do; these papers are usually time allotments fir even dumber persons, or those who will not work. It is ones right not to work, or be at all responsible it the US, but this is not the case in China; there you have to work hard. Same with many nations, look how well Japan did after being blown away from the war. I see Germany on the rise, yet never do they spend time and resources in ‘defending’ other nations.

The US has taken upon itself, to be the worlds policemen, not just of action, but of mind, look how the Us is first to subject other nations to its superior morality.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Why do you suppose most major media outlets are so overwhelming liberal in their reporting?

As it is written:“There is none righteous, no, not one;
There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God.
-Romans 3:10-11

zippy2006

I think there's a tendency in the old guard media to romanticize the underdog role, to see itself as a guardian of the people against an abuse by the powerful. And the powerful tend to be and have always tended to be the establishment. And the establishment is always conservative, for good and ill.

But the media has not always been so liberal. :think:

I think the Feminist/Individualist thought has permeated the mainstream media, a particular school of modern thought that is especially opposed to Conservatism. Probably lots of things though. :D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
But the media has not always been so liberal. :think:
I agree. And to be honest I don't believe the media actually is, though I think for a while and riding the wave of the Viet Nam disillusionment, opposing power in political form, anti-establishment fervor became intensely popular, or at least drove sufficient interest. And there was the civil rights struggle and the establishment/conservative resistance to a moral good that moved a great many of young intellectuals toward a differing pole ideologically and with them began a wildly expanded market share, like beat poets on crack, as well as the association of that pole with service to the good, progressive causes, etc.

zippy2006

Yes. Actually I am reading a new book called Bad Religion with kmo, Anna, and SoJ, and the author associates many of those events with not only a progressive mindset in politics, but also in theology and Christianity.

But I think the mainstream media has a liberal bias, especially when it comes to moral concerns. Take traditional marriage for example, and note that the belief of citizens is not at all reflected in the large media outlets in which any sort of support is recast as barbaric and absurd. Even Fox's viewership numbers, which are quite high, seem to reflect the absence of an alternative, unlike a network like MSNBC.

LKmommy

It all began after WWI, but I shall not digress, and have written on this here.

US has gone from a ‘can do' to a ‘shall do’ society
No longer do we try to work hard, but find solace in the ways of man alone.
We shall not pollute: while China pollutes, we will see China passing us in GNP very soon\
We shall be always tolerant, while China is strict with workers, they get things done
We shall never make a dumbbell feel like one; while in China, if one is dumb, they do manual work, and are happy to have it. Here, we send stupid kids to college, because we do not what them to have low self-esteem! They take non-academic subjects, or the easiest academic subjects, then graduate in civil service work, filling out forms a eighth grade child could do; these papers are usually time allotments fir even dumber persons, or those who will not work. It is ones right not to work, or be at all responsible it the US, but this is not the case in China; there you have to work hard. Same with many nations, look how well Japan did after being blown away from the war. I see Germany on the rise, yet never do they spend time and resources in ‘defending’ other nations.

The US has taken upon itself, to be the worlds policemen, not just of action, but of mind, look how the Us is first to subject other nations to its superior morality.

US Airlines has a great sale on their one way tickets to China since you prefer their Communist mentality K.

You have showed your true colors in this post. I pity you: your heart and spirit. Thank you for your support of Civil Servants, it is clearly something you know nothing about and clearly seem to think you sit above.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Interesting but not reflective as a whole, especially as it was the BBC who investigated the journalism to determine any bias. ;)

I do think it rather startling that they were willing to admit their own bias, that's practically unheard of. :)

Well, in fairness there's only two which have any chance of independent government - either labour or conservative. The 'liberal democrats' had a coat tail ticket last time around but after this government they'll have no chance of anything else for a long time IMO....
Okay, well then, a major difference is that you get to have question time. :chuckle:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
US Airlines has a great sale on their one way tickets to China since you prefer their Communist mentality K.

You have showed your true colors in this post. I pity you: your heart and spirit. Thank you for your support of Civil Servants, it is clearly something you know nothing about and clearly seem to think you sit above.

Since when is hard work not an American ideal?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You have a monkey problem.

We ALL came from monkeys. Not the ones still swinging in the trees, but creatures, if they were alive today, nobody would have trouble calling a monkey. In fact phylogenetically we are ALL STILL monkeys. But nobody alive today is any closer to monkeys than anyone else.

More than likely, all of our human ancestors had dark skin. So racism is really stupid, because if you go back far enough, everyone was black and everyone is ultimately from Africa.

The network apologized because the juxtaposition was unfortunate although not intended and networks are often very sensitive to even the appearance of doing something wrong.

I am a young Earth creationist so there is much in this post I don't agree with but All people do have common ancestors. Our ancestors probably did have dark skin and racism is really stupid! Carry on!