ECT Truth of Protestantism

Actually, I've not seen all the dissent and arguing in real life at good, Bible believing Protestant churches. I hear the word of God taught with much harmony, wherever there is a Spirit filled pastor of the Bible. I don't see people saying mean things to each other. What goes on in web forums isn't what I've seen in real life, and there are even many non-denominational Bible churches these days. Bible believing Christians I know don't spend their lives fighting with each other, don't spend five minutes fretting over any denominational weirdness out there. We agree on things important, and there are cults, but so what? If you're in such a church, you may do well to find another. But I've managed to spend my entire life, without any denominational cat fights among the Bible believing, don't even see, in the real world, the disunity all you cults and soreheads try to sow. Nor have I been in congregations such people would last long in, as nobody would want to be around them. Just because the web is full of such brave, anonymous sociopaths, this isn't representative of all others.

Would add, just by way of example, I spent some time in a Presbyterian congregation, though not a Presbyterian, this for the good Bible teaching pastor. First, nobody cared about my denomination, nobody once trying to force denominationalism or cult exclusivity down my throat like Catholics do, no question as to my baptism. Second, I never once heard a sermon on Calvinism, not once. On the other hand, I've seen vicious web disputes over Calvin, but the point? I've never seen this behavior in real life, not one Presbyterian even pushing any extreme of predestination that, hear it told online, they're all obsessed with. Funny, only anonymous trolls seem to behave this way, and not even a very large church, filled with those supposed to be Calvinist crazies. Never heard disputes, either. I fear some of you spend so much time trolling that you're detached from reality! You Catholics are still, as if, fighting the likes of Luther and Calvin with such venom. Isn't it high time you got over them? Spent some time in anger management classes, instead?

Last edited:

HisServant

The records of the succession do exist.

There are many different lists of early succession... and there are holes in all of them.

It wasn't till Rome thought it important that they went back and tried to 'harmonize' them.

The fact is that there is absolutely no concrete evidence that the Roman Church is the legitimate church the apostles started. This fact scares the dickens out of Roman Catholics and the church itself.

ttruscott

If Protestantism is true, why in 500 years has there not been far more unity? Why the increasing fragmentation of beliefs?

I love it...the Israelites were the people of GOD for 4000 years and their unity did them no good at all when their Divine Messiah entered the picture.

Unity in the church will be some time yet and will not be based on orthodox doctrine but a new doctrine or rather a new interpretation of the old doctrine.:
Daniel 12:4 But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge."

and one interpretation which will sound good until you get a chance to digest it and understand its implications as a sword that cuts both ways:
Rev 10:8 Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me once more: “Go, take the scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land.” 9 So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, “Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but ‘in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey.’a ” 10 I took the little scroll from the angel’s hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour.

Peace, Ted

Sheila B

The history of the RCC is a spiritual tragedy, much like King Saul who was rejected by God, God put David in as replacement.

This is my point: if Jesus took His authority away from the cc and transferred it to others, why isn't the Holy Spirit gaining unity?

King David was responsible for the unification of the 12 tribes into one Kingdom. Therefore, this should have happened with Luther.

Sheila B

Also, this isn't just an anti-Catholic sentiment but a fundamental belief that it's OK to not desire unity in the Body of Christ. I'd like to see any Scripture that supports that belief because I can't find it. :confused:

It has always mattered to me, too.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
There are many different lists of early succession... and there are holes in all of them.

It wasn't till Rome thought it important that they went back and tried to 'harmonize' them.

The fact is that there is absolutely no concrete evidence that the Roman Church is the legitimate church the apostles started. This fact scares the dickens out of Roman Catholics and the church itself.

Now different ones, each having holes in it.

All it takes is one hole to break it.

Can you share with us there proven shocking facts?

genuineoriginal

East and west split on 1095 AD and Martin Luther and Calvin, etc came along in the 1500-1600's. Then the recent fragmentations are from the early 1900's. These are historical facts.

None of these were over allegories of scripture.
The church of Rome split from the rest of christianity in 325 CE and used Augustine's allegories and anti-semitism as the basis for that split.

Cross Reference

The church of Rome split from the rest of christianity in 325 CE and used Augustine's allegories and anti-semitism as the basis for that split.

. . . and that was the beginning of Satan's organized movement to detract away from the worship of Jesus Christ by placing it on an easily corruptible religious organisation. God's way of dealing with it was as His way of dealing with any government that was ever against Him, He judges it by sending it in circles..

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
in the eleventh century, the orthodox split
in the 16th century, luther and henry split
what was left is now bigger than all of them put together

Cross Reference

That is true __ and leading still further away from Jesus Christ that He would say this: ". . . . . when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8 (KJV)

Cross Reference

He will be looking for the fruit

Indeed. He looks for it now as He is preparing His people who will soon be caught away leaving behind the remnant who will then understand their white robes weren't clean enough to make the cut. __ There will much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

HisServant

Who split from who in the eleventh century is up for debate... from a purely historical point of view, I have come to the conclusion that it was Rome that split from its brothers.

Tomato Tomatoe.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Who split from who in the eleventh century is up for debate... from a purely historical point of view, I have come to the conclusion that it was Rome that split from its brothers.

Tomato Tomatoe.

anyone can rewrite history
and
someone will buy the book

Sheila B

You're looking at modified records that makes you the biggest loser.

These men did not sit on the chair of Peter inside a closet! Anyone making the first change would be hailed a fool by the whole church across the continents...

the fact that we are even discussing the list of 2000 years duration ought to tell you something about your local church or your bible & me religion.

Sheila B

The history of the RCC is a spiritual tragedy, much like King Saul who was rejected by God, God put David in as replacement.

oatmeal... you have made my point perfectly.

King David brought about the greatest unity the Hebrews had ever known since the 40 years in the wilderness...

if God gave Luther the authority he took away from the church, we would have expected a similar result, as you so well point out.