ECT Truth of Protestantism

Cross Reference

These men did not sit on the chair of Peter inside a closet! Anyone making the first change would be hailed a fool by the whole church across the continents...

the fact that we are even discussing the list of 2000 years duration ought to tell you something about your local church or your bible & me religion.

You mean 1500 yrs or until God got fed up with man's way of doing what he deems God's business.

genuineoriginal

How 'bout fruit in simply 'being'? Would this not eliminate the possibility of 'presumptuous' activity?

Fruit must be brought forth.

Matthew 7:16-20
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.​

Cross Reference

Fruit must be brought forth.

Matthew 7:16-20
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.​

But not presumptuously because that might be interfering with God's dealing in a situation. Is this not the way Jesus lived?

genuineoriginal

But not presumptuously because that might be interfering with God's dealing in a situation. Is this not the way Jesus lived?

You cannot bring forth good fruit presumptuously.
All the verses in the Bible that mention presumptuousness are speaking of acts of unrighteousness (evil fruit).

2 Peter 2:10
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.​

Cross Reference

You cannot bring forth good fruit presumptuously.
All the verses in the Bible that mention presumptuousness are speaking of acts of unrighteousness (evil fruit).

2 Peter 2:10
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.​

Nope! You are wrong. You lack understanding in this. Irrespective of good deed or bad deed, if you believe that how Jesus governed His life was correct what makes you believe YOU should govern YOUR life differently? Don't realize that doing good to someone who God is dealing with would be interfering with His dealings? Is that not the reason why we should seek to have the Mind of God in all our dealings with anyone? If I give you 20 bucks and God says no, he needs to be taught better how to manage his money, what do think I should I do? What would you do?

genuineoriginal

Nope! You are wrong. You lack understanding in this. Irrespective of good deed or bad deed, if you believe that how Jesus governed His life was correct what makes you believe YOU should govern YOUR life differently? Don't realize that doing good to someone who God is dealing with would be interfering with His dealings? Is that not the reason why we should seek to have the Mind of God in all our dealings with anyone? If I give you 20 bucks and God says no, he needs to be taught better how to manage his money, what do think I should I do?
You would rather sin than give 20 bucks to someone in need?

James 4:16-17
16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.
17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.​

You do not know the Mind of God.

Matthew 25:37-40
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.​

Cross Reference

You would rather sin than give 20 bucks to someone in need?

James 4:16-17
16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.
17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.​

You do not know the Mind of God.

Matthew 25:37-40
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.​

I laid out the scene you ignore. Ignore away and stay stupid.

genuineoriginal

I laid out the scene you ignore. Ignore away and stay stupid.

No, you laid out a scene that goes against everything the Bible says about how God wants us to deal with the poor and needy.

You justify your selfish greed by claiming you believe God wants to teach the poor person about managing money.

However, you were really being put to the test to see whether you cared more about your money than your neighbor, and you failed the test.

Care to try again?

Acts 3:2-6
2 And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;
3 Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.
4 And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.
5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.​

You do note that Peter did not tell the beggar that he wasn't giving him any money because God wanted him to learn how to manage money.

Cross Reference

No, you laid out a scene that goes against everything the Bible says about how God wants us to deal with the poor and needy.

You justify your selfish greed by claiming you believe God wants to teach the poor person about managing money.

However, you were really being put to the test to see whether you cared more about your money than your neighbor, and you failed the test.

Care to try again?

Acts 3:2-6
2 And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;
3 Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.
4 And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.
5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.​

You do note that Peter did not tell the beggar that he wasn't giving him any money because God wanted him to learn how to manage money.
Your ignorance is showing again. How come you can't control it?

Cross Reference

Yes, it is most difficult for you.

Care to try again by showing any scripture that shows God saying that we should not care for the poor and needy because He is trying to teach them a lesson?

There is none.

Nor is it the object of what I stated.

I would like to be a fly on the wall to witness you when your neighbor shows up at your door for the 2nd time asking for a cup of sugar __ especially after you have given her 5lbs just the week before. Get my drift?

genuineoriginal

Nor is it the object of what I stated.

I would like to be a fly on the wall to witness you when your neighbor shows up at your door for the 2nd time asking for a cup of sugar __ especially after you have given her 5lbs just the week before. Get my drift?
Have you ever heard the saying, WWJD?
Spoiler

Matthew 5:42
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.​

Cross Reference

Have you ever heard the saying, WWJD?
Spoiler

Matthew 5:42
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.​

Yep.

Have you ever read of Him saying "I only do what I see my Father doing"?

Have you ever read of Him being forbidden by God to go where, what He would have done for the "sick and needy", would not have benefited anyone for God; whose dispositions toward Him would have remained, unchanged? In fact, they would have thought they were alright with God and continued in their sin and unbelief.

genuineoriginal

You are coming across as one not representing the truth of God's word.
Here is the scenario you presented:
Don't realize that doing good to someone who God is dealing with would be interfering with His dealings? Is that not the reason why we should seek to have the Mind of God in all our dealings with anyone? If I give you 20 bucks and God says no, he needs to be taught better how to manage his money, what do think I should I do?
In the scenarios that you presented, which of the three in this parable are you most like?

Luke 10:30-3630 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?​

I am pretty certain that both the priest and the Levite thought that God was "dealing" with the wounded man so they chose not to interfere.