United Methodists Propose to Change ‘Church Law’ to Allow Homosexual Behavior

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God called homosexuality "detestable." Do you think He no longer finds it so?

Detestable people will not enter God's kingdom when Christ appears to the world. Detestable people must wait until we teach them not to be detestable.

The bottom line is that people are people who are incomplete without the Holy Spirit. I'm surprised that you have not realized people without the Spirit are incomplete.

musterion

Detestable people will not enter God's kingdom when Christ appears to the world. Detestable people must wait until we teach them not to be detestable.

You didn't answer the question. Does God still detest it or not?

And who is 'we'?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You didn't answer the question. Does God still detest it or not?

And who is 'we'?

We are the bride of Christ, flesh of his flesh and bone of his bones. We serve as the priests of the Holy Spirit.

If fornication was not detestable it would not have been precluded by the apostles and elders at the Jerusalem conference.

Are you thinking fornication is just a homosexual behavior? If so, why?

genuineoriginal

So is transgender a mental problem or a physical problem?

Someone said, "And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness." (Romans 8:10 NKJV)

If Paul is right about the body being dead then what is the problem with corrective surgery? In other words, God is after our mind not our body.

Paul also said, "For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit." (Romans 8:5 NKJV)

Does God care about the things of the flesh or does he care about living according to the Spirit?

You ask that as if living according to the Spirit includes mutilating your body because you cannot accept the gender that you were born with and celebrating your continuing in sins that are unto death.

Didn't John say Christians were not to pray for brothers that continued in sins that are unto death? (1 John 5:16)

genuineoriginal

We are the bride of Christ, flesh of his flesh and bone of his bones. We serve as the priests of the Holy Spirit.

As priests of God, we are supposed to put a difference between holy and profane, clean and unclean, aren't we?

Ezekiel 22:26
26 Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
As priests of God, we are supposed to put a difference between holy and profane, clean and unclean, aren't we?

Ezekiel 22:26
26 Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.

Then he (Peter) said to them, "You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean." (Acts 10:28 NKJV)​

It's not yet our time to judge other people. If someone is committing an unrighteous act we don't have to judge them, the Holy Spirit judges them according to God's word, i.e. scripture.

For one thing, sins committed in the mind may not show in the flesh, but yet they are still sins.

genuineoriginal

Then he (Peter) said to them, "You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean." (Acts 10:28 NKJV)​

Acts 11:18
18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.​

It is a shame that the homosexuals have refused the repentance unto life, which means that they are still dead in their sins.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You ask that as if living according to the Spirit includes mutilating your body because you cannot accept the gender that you were born with and celebrating your continuing in sins that are unto death.

If a person is practicing a sin unto death he will die.

All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death. (1 John 5:17 NKJV)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 11:18
18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

It is a shame that the homosexuals have refused the repentance unto life, which means that they are still dead in their sins.

Yes, and the sex of the persons engaging in fornication is immaterial. Fornication is sin.

genuineoriginal

If a person is practicing a sin unto death he will die.

All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death. (1 John 5:17 NKJV)​
Homosexuality is listed as a sin unto death, as are a number of other sins.

Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.​

It should no more be named among Christians than the incestous adultery that Paul called out in the letters to the Corinthians, which was also a sin undo death.

1 Corinthians 5:1-2
1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.​

Leviticus 20:11
11 And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.​

That man was put out of the church while he was an unrepentant sinner.

1 Corinthians 5:11
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.​

But after he repented he was restored to fellowship.

2 Corinthians 2:6-8
6 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.
7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.
8 Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.​

You are making a claim that Christians are to welcome unrepentant sinners into their fellowships and let their sins remain upon them.

I am making the claim that Christians are not allow unrepentant sinners to be in their fellowship until they repent, but Christians are to welcome repentant sinners.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You are making a claim that Christians are to welcome unrepentant sinners into their fellowships and let their sins remain upon them.

I didn't say anything like that.

God so loved the world (unbelievers) that he sent his only begotten Son that through him the world (unbelievers) might be saved. Not to remain in sin but to repent of sin and turn from it.

For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
(Romans 8:13 NKJV)​

genuineoriginal

I didn't say anything like that.

God so loved the world (unbelievers) that he sent his only begotten Son that through him the world (unbelievers) might be saved. Not to remain in sin but to repent of sin and turn from it.

For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
(Romans 8:13 NKJV)​

Here is the title of the thread:

From your comments, I got the impression that you were supporting Homosexual behavior among church-goers.

I am glad we have come to an agreement that Homosexuals must repent of their deeds in order to receive life.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

From your comments, I got the impression that you were supporting Homosexual behavior among church-goers.

I am glad we have come to an agreement that Homosexuals must repent of their deeds in order to receive life.

:thumb:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Corinthians 5:11
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

I am making the claim that Christians are not allow unrepentant sinners to be in their fellowship until they repent, but Christians are to welcome repentant sinners.

Jesus ate with unrepentant sinners.

When Jesus heard it He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." (Mark 2:17 NKJV)​

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

When Jesus heard it He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." (Mark 2:17 NKJV)​

And then told them to sin no more. He didnt say your sin is ok and will now be acceptable and that He didnt think it was sin anymore. Do you have anything to say about the actual topic yet or do you intend to continue to troll?

genuineoriginal

The only unrepentant sinners that Jesus ate with were the Pharisees.

Matthew 23:13
13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.​

But He gave His disciples instructions on what to do when they came across unrepentant sinners.

Matthew 10:11-14
11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.
12 And when ye come into an house, salute it.
13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

I am speaking against bigotry and prejudice.

Homosexuals are no different in nature than heterosexuals who can also sin.

If the Methodists choose not to discriminate that is fine with me. For one thing I am not a Methodist so whatever they choose to do is not my business and I am not going to criticize them for not discriminating. There are already plenty of people who discriminate.

This thread proves that.