United Methodists Propose to Change ‘Church Law’ to Allow Homosexual Behavior

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you think Moses invented it, or do you think that it came from the mouth of God Himself?

Because of a lack of faith the Holy Spirit gave Israel instructions for loving God and neighbor.

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made... (Galatians 3:19 NKJV)​

If the Seed has come then the Mosaic law is no longer needed. The Torah precludes Jesus from being a priest. That is unacceptable.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
To put it another way, "Most of the country made the right decision."

I wasn't trying to comment on the decision's rightness, just that it doesn't seem like a compromise. What else could they want on the pro-gay side? If that's a compromise I'd hate to think what would have happened if the pro-gay side got their way completely. :eek:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I wasn't trying to comment on the decision's rightness, just that it doesn't seem like a compromise. What else could they want on the pro-gay side? If that's a compromise I'd hate to think what would have happened if the pro-gay side got their way completely. :eek:

1) There would be no marriage other than gay marriage
2) There would be absolutely no teachings or voiced opinions about homosexuality
3) all bibles would be rewritten to remove "hate speech" against gays
4) All who disagree would be removed from the church, lose their business be forced into diversity training and or jail.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This isn't about people who are outside the faith. At least not just that.

Fornicators are not outside the church? You're kidding, right?

If they were believers they wouldn't be indifferent to scripture.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
They are allowing open homosexuals to be clergy. Clergy aren't outside the church.

Is that according to you or according to scripture?

Credentialed or not fornicators are fornicators are fornicators, etc.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
So is transgender a mental problem or a physical problem?

Someone said, "And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness." (Romans 8:10 NKJV)

If Paul is right about the body being dead then what is the problem with corrective surgery? In other words, God is after our mind not our body.

Paul also said, "For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit." (Romans 8:5 NKJV)

Does God care about the things of the flesh or does he care about living according to the Spirit?

This is two-sided; those who were mislabeled, in that respect by anomaly, is not matter, but those who need a body identity seem pretty fleshy to me?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The United Methodist Church has always been liberal. As the Anglican church has always been political.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
yes, denominations, and you are talking about those outside the church.

A denomination that rejects scripture is not a congregation of Jesus Christ.

And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. (John 12:47 NKJV)​

The Methodists obviously do not believe Jesus' word and Jesus does not judge them.

My point all along is that if Jesus is not judging those who do not believe then why should we. Fornicators are simply not part of Jesus' congregation. (period)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I am speaking against bigotry and prejudice.

Homosexuals are no different in nature than heterosexuals who can also sin.

If the Methodists choose not to discriminate that is fine with me. For one thing I am not a Methodist so whatever they choose to do is not my business and I am not going to criticize them for not discriminating. There are already plenty of people who discriminate.

This thread proves that.

I think you have been taken in too much by secular ideology of human moral superiority?

Granite

Hall of Fame
1) There would be no marriage other than gay marriage
2) There would be absolutely no teachings or voiced opinions about homosexuality
3) all bibles would be rewritten to remove "hate speech" against gays
4) All who disagree would be removed from the church, lose their business be forced into diversity training and or jail.

Sooooooooo it looks like you were in a mood.:chuckle:

Dan Emanuel

So will almost every other Prot denomination before too awful long.
I don't know that its this dire, but perhaps.
Then the Mormons will follow suit
I doubt it, but perhaps.
just to keep appearing to "fit in."
Do Mormon's do that? I didn't know.... My impression of Mormon's has always been that they don't care to fit in, and that their just fine with that.
I expect the Rome will get there before all the protties go over, though.
You mean Peter? No way.
Since even professing Bible believers are fading, they all need to start competing for them new demographics...queers, trannies, people who dress up like animals (I expect we'll live to see a service especially for them, with the "minister" dressed like a skunk), etc..........
Not out of Peter. No way.

Daniel