United Methodists Propose to Change ‘Church Law’ to Allow Homosexual Behavior

Dan Emanuel

From the article in the OP:
"The adjustments would allow those who are open and practicing homosexuals to serve as clergy, and would remove any mention of homosexual behavior as being a violation of biblical laws or being “incompatible with Christian teachings.” Language would also be removed that prohibited clergy from officiating over same-sex ceremonies."

Based on this, it appears that the Methodist organization is actively celebrating that they have members that are acting in complete violation of God's Law, they are even making those unrepentant sinners the clergy of the Methodist organization.

It appears that the Corinthians were no where near as corrupt as the Methodists are today.
I agree, and I further note that Peter is not corrupt in this issue at all.

Daniel

Dan Emanuel

Homosexuality is no more inherently sinful than heterosexuality.
I think Jamie clarified for us that we're really talking about fornication --homosexual or heterosexual. A homosexual who does not fornicate is no more sinning than a heterosexual who also does not fornicate.

Daniel

Dan Emanuel

1) There would be no marriage other than gay marriage
2) There would be absolutely no teachings or voiced opinions about homosexuality
3) all bibles would be rewritten to remove "hate speech" against gays
4) All who disagree would be removed from the church, lose their business be forced into diversity training and or jail.
Wow, so I guess they're is a silver lining to this cloud afterall. At least its not that bad.

Daniel

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Another denomination that does not believe the literal word of God.
No, just some within it. The end result, if there are sufficient numbers, will be a splitting up of the denomination. It's happened before. Sad to see a church failing to uphold its own truth, but that's one reason my church left the Presbyterian fold it was a part of not too long ago.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I wasn't trying to comment on the decision's rightness, just that it doesn't seem like a compromise. What else could they want on the pro-gay side? If that's a compromise I'd hate to think what would have happened if the pro-gay side got their way completely. :eek:

1) There would be no marriage other than gay marriage
2) There would be absolutely no teachings or voiced opinions about homosexuality
3) all bibles would be rewritten to remove "hate speech" against gays
4) All who disagree would be removed from the church, lose their business be forced into diversity training and or jail.

Sooooooooo it looks like you were in a mood.:chuckle:

Mood? No, just what it looks like they want now. Examples (of many)

#1)Why cant gay people ban straight marriage?

#2)Pastor faces lawsuit for preaching against homosexuality

#3 ‘Gay’ Activist’s Call for Churches to Be Forced to Take Homosexuality Off ‘Sin List’ Draws Concerns

#4) Cakes by Melissa 135,000 fine and shut down (i could post examples for this # all day long and you know it

Wasnt it just 5 years or so ago that the gays said we just want to be left alone and would never try to force you to agree or go along with it?

:think:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Another well known pastor comes out in support of gay rights and churches.

T.D. Jakes Comes Out for ‘Gay Rights’ and ‘LGBT Churches,’ Says Position is ‘Evolving’

Megachurch leader and author T.D. Jakes says that homosexuals should attend congregations that affirm their lifestyle and that politics do not need to reflect biblical ethics, adding that his position on homosexuality is both “evolved and evolving.”

During an interview with the Huffington Post on Monday, Jakes was asked by a viewer if he believes that homosexuals and the black church can co-exist.

“Absolutely… I think it is going to be diverse from church to church. Every church has a different opinion on the issue and every gay person is different,” he replied. “And I think that to speak that the church—the black church, the white church or any kind of church you wanna call it—are all the same, is totally not true.”

Jakes said that he thinks homosexuals should find congregations that affirm their lifestyle.

“LGBT’s of different types and sorts have to find a place of worship that reflects what your views are and what you believe like anyone else,” he outlined.

“The church should have the right to have its own convictions and values; if you don’t like those convictions and values [and] you totally disagree with it, don’t try to change my house, move into your own … and find somebody who gets what you get about faith,” Jakes added.

He said that the issue of homosexuality is “complex.”

“Paul spends a lot of time wrestling back and forth, trying to understand should a woman wear a head covering, should you cut your hair,” Jakes stated. “I mean, they grappled back then and we’re grappling now because we’re humans and we are flawed and we’re not God.”

“Once you understand you’re not God, you leave yourself an ‘out’ clause to grow,” he said.

When asked if his position on homosexuality has “evolved,” Jakes agreed that it has.

“Evolved and evolving,” he replied. “I think that where I am is to better understand we, the church, bought into the myth that this is a Christian nation.”

Earlier this year, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that states must legalize same-sex “marriage,” igniting a battle between the Church and State over the issue. In his comments on Monday, Jakes advocated for the separation of Church and State, which would allow for “all types of people” to have whatever rights they desire despite biblical prohibitions. He said that politics don’t need to be based on Christianity.

“[O]nce you get past [thinking America is a Christian nation] … Once you begin to understand that democracy—that a republic actually—is designed to be an overarching system to protect our unique nuances, then we no longer look for public policy to reflect biblical ethics,” Jakes explained.

“If we can divide—or what you would call separation of Church and State—then we can dwell together more effectively because atheists, agnostics, Jews, all types of people, Muslims, pay into the government. The government then cannot reflect one particular view over another just because we’re the dominant group of religious people in [this] country because those numbers are changing every day,” he asserted. “We need a neutralized government that protects our right to disagree with one another and agree with one another.”

Jakes had visited the Huffington Post to discuss his new book on “destiny.” The interview focused on motivational subject matter in following one’s dreams and passions as opposed to the eternal destiny of the soul.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
United Methodists Propose to Change ‘Church Law’ to Allow Homosexual Behavior

Another church group caving to the world instead of following God.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: Will be adding churches and church groups and pastors who cave on this issue - if you know of any, please add them to this thread.

Just added: - see this post in this thread: T.D. Jakes Comes Out for ‘Gay Rights’ and ‘LGBT Churches,’ Says Position is ‘Evolving’ http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4411589&postcount=89
Even the gospels bent to the world.

From Paul to the Book of Revelations, the text clearly shows the influence of different ideas and theologies as Christianity developed.

This fact seems a surprise to most traditional Christians. And fundamentalists of every stripe reject it outright.

But it is a fact of history that things change. And they sometimes end up the opposite of those earlier events.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Another well known pastor comes out in support of gay rights and churches.

T.D. Jakes Comes Out for ‘Gay Rights’ and ‘LGBT Churches,’ Says Position is ‘Evolving’

Update, TD Jakes says that huffington post lied about what he said.

Bishop T.D. Jakes Says He Has Not 'Evolved' on Homosexuality and Does Not 'Endorse' Gay Marriage
The Potter's House Pastor Clarifies Positions After HuffPost Live Interview Prompts Confusion Among Some

Jakes took to his Facebook account on Sunday to blast a news report that suggested his HuffPost Live appearance indicated that his opinion of homosexuality was both "evolved and evolving" and that the Dallas, Texas, minister had "come out for gay rights and LGBT churches."

"Do not take everything you read online or hear repeated as truth. When asked about the 'black church' and its role in ministering to gay people, I briefly mentioned (we were running out of time) the word 'evolved and evolving' regarding my approach over the 39 years of my ministry to gay people who choose to come to our services," Jakes said in his Facebook post. "I simply meant that my method is evolving — not my message. I was SHOCKED to read that this was manipulated in a subsequent article to say I endorsed same sex [sic] marriage! My position on the subject has been steadfast and rooted in scripture [sic]."

Jakes, 58, concluded: "For the record, I do not endorse same sex [sic] marriage but I respect the rights that this country affords those that disagree with me."

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...riage-gets-standing-ovation-congregation.html

The First United Methodist Church of Austin - the entire congregation celebrated as a gay stood on the altar of the church and proposed to his boyfriend - even though The United Methodist Church forbids same-sex ceremonies from being conducted in Methodist churches or by Methodist ministers.

Another church in bed with the the world.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...riage-gets-standing-ovation-congregation.html

The First United Methodist Church of Austin - the entire congregation celebrated as a gay stood on the altar of the church and proposed to his boyfriend - even though The United Methodist Church forbids same-sex ceremonies from being conducted in Methodist churches or by Methodist ministers.

Just some of it. Same thing has happened to a number of churches in this country. Our Presbyterian church split over it, leaving the PSCU to join with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC).

turbosixx

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if what most everyone on here claims is true then there should be no problem. Once we believe there is nothing we can do to be or stay saved.

Acts 16:31 They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

genuineoriginal

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if what most everyone on here claims is true then there should be no problem. Once we believe there is nothing we can do to be or stay saved.

Acts 16:31 They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."
God has not changed His mind on what constitutes sin nor has God changed His demands that His people live according to His standards of righteousness.

Christian Liberty

Just some of it. Same thing has happened to a number of churches in this country. Our Presbyterian church split over it, leaving the PSCU to join with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC).

The PCUSA is totally apostate and the EPC is not far behind. These are terrible Presbyterian denominations. The PCA, OPC, and RPCNA are far better from what I can tell (a few smaller, more explicitly theonomic ones as well that are really solid.)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Most churches accommodate the world. The most infamous one is approving to join the military and engaging in war for their members.

There is nothing new under the sun.

Their standards are the same as the world.