ECT Was Jesus God. . . .

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 3:16-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He[a] saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

Doves do not speak the Father does.

c'mon BR - i thought you were smarter than that. wow ! comparing an earthly physical dove to God, in an effort to prove what ? doves can't talk ? thanks, that answers everything :rapture:

keypurr

Matthew 3:16-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He[a] saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

Doves do not speak the Father does.

Why was he Baptized if he was God?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Separate entities. :duh:

I think I see what you saying but I can explain it this way.

The Holy Spirit of God our Father is the presence of all Heaven which is sent into the lives of true believers.

Such an experience is dynamic and life changing and few believers experience it.

Men do not understand how that can be , because man can not do it. Our presence is very limited.

When men get to Heaven they will not find another person called the Holy Spirit, they will be bathed in it, and it is the Father Himself.

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

LA

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
only while Jesus/God was on earth. you're almost there clever bird:rain:

On earth in man's time makes a big difference.

The antitrinitarians gets left behind on earth waiting for something they can't see already happened. They brag about being saved before Jesus return. Saved is a past tense and not yet happened on earth in man's time. They brag about saved but not about Jesus and God as joint simultaneous reality. Jesus without space and time is God. Split the two, space is created.

Aimiel

If we realize that Jesus ALWAYS did The Will of The Father:

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

He could do NOTHING of Himself. He only did what He saw The Father do. They are ONE! He didn't do anything different than The Father would have done, had He been here, in The Flesh, because He was. Jesus IS God.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The Spirit of God and The Spirit of Christ are one and the same. You cannot make them separate. Paul encountered The Holy Ghost and He identified Himself:

And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

oatmeal

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

He could do NOTHING of Himself. He only did what He saw The Father do. They are ONE! He didn't do anything different than The Father would have done, had He been here, in The Flesh, because He was. Jesus IS God.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The Spirit of God and The Spirit of Christ are one and the same. You cannot make them separate. Paul encountered The Holy Ghost and He identified Himself:

And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Someone that could do nothing of himself doesn't sound like the Creator to me.

Sounds like a dependent, someone dependent on God

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
John 1:3 speaks of Christ "All things were made by him; and without
him was not any thing made that was made." Christ IS; The Son of
God, and God, the Son! The Holy Spirit is, God the Holy Spirit! ALL
three are ONE! Our "finite minds" cannot fully understand such a
concept, none the less, it is a "Spiritual Truth!"

Christ is God/The Father is God/ And, the Holy Spirit is God! Perhaps,
you don't have the faith to believe that doctrine? You're in a huge
group of those who cannot/will not receive that TRUTH!

God came to earth in the flesh, He died, was buried, and subsequently
was raised from the dead! You don't have to believe that, however,
it's still the truth! Christ created ALL that IS! Who is Christ? He is God!

John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."
You are full of crap, and your quote doesn't prove anything other than people continue to twist it from Tyndale's bible.

Cross Reference

Someone that could do nothing of himself doesn't sound like the Creator to me.

Sounds like a dependent, someone dependent on God

You mean like a human being?

So what is your problem?

Jesus could have called ten thousand angels to set him free! Why didn't He?

oatmeal

You mean like a human being?

So what is your problem?

Jesus could have called ten thousand angels to set him free! Why didn't He?

He was "just a man".

A just man who believed the promises of God.

A just man who did his Father's business, even though that took commitment, love, obedience, dedication, courage, faithfulness to do his Father's will

A man who so believed God that his believing redeemed man. Romans 5:15

oatmeal

We all realize that Jesus always did the Father's will.

He did the Father's will not his own for several reasons.

Some of them are, he loves God, thus he keeps God's commandments.

He knows the Father is greater than he is, therefore to achieve great things we follow someone who is greater than we are,

God being as great an example that anyone, including Jesus Christ His son, could follow, thus he followed God's lead.

Jesus was dedicated and faithful and committed himself to do the Father's will.

He chose to fulfill God's call to him.

Jesus chooses to do the Father's will.

Jesus being a son to a father is derived from, subordinate to and inferior to his Father.

Jesus is the SON of God, not God himself.

Are you your own father?

Are you a son?

You are derived from, inferior to and subordinate to your father.

If your father was a believer, you honored your father and mother. How? by believing them, by obeying them, by loving them

Of course they are one, but being one does not make anyone or anything God.

Oh my, I Corinthians 3:8, "he that plants and he that waters are one"

Paul and Apollos are God,

trash the trinity,

we have a pentity!!!!

Surely God and Jesus Christ and scripture require a deeper and more practical look than that

Cross Reference

He was "just a man".

A just man who believed the promises of God.

A just man who did his Father's business, even though that took commitment, love, obedience, dedication, courage, faithfulness to do his Father's will

A man who so believed God that his believing redeemed man. Romans 5:15

Yer full of hot air!

He wasn't JUST a man but a sinless man who came into Adam's race from the outside of Adam's race, that is unless you stupidly think God overlooked someone within Adam's race who could qualify to redeem Adam's race. Get my drift? Name him!

What Jesus possessed of His Father was the Holy substance of the Godhead that He, upon redeeming man, was further qualified to place into every new born child of God, by the Holy Spirit. See John 20:22.

By His sinlessness was Jesus sent to reconcile mankind to God of them that believed on Him. Furthermore, Jesus made real to the world the government of God that only One sent by God could ever possibly do. Furthermore, He was instructed to show man that, after His departure, how to carry on His government __ the main reason for Jesus being sent into the world, everything else being incidental.

So, you believing Jesus was mere man is to belittle Him, by elevating yourself, and make the government of God of no consequence.

Furthermore, you overlook this whole of God-sonship being a tradition of Jewish and Roman custom.

"For unto us a child is born and a son is given". Jesus had to follow that pattern to be accepted by the society is which He was raised. Upon meeting the societal qualifications [30 yrs] could Jesus be permitted to announce His Oneness in the Godhead __ and think it not robbery in doing so. But, God announced it first.

oatmeal

Yer full of hot air!

He wasn't JUST a man but a sinless man who came into Adam's race from the outside of Adam's race, that is unless you stupidly think God overlooked someone within Adam's race who could qualify to redeem Adam's race. Get my drift? Name him!

What Jesus possessed of His Father was the Holy substance of the Godhead that He, upon redeeming man, was further qualified to place into every new born child of God, by the Holy Spirit. See John 20:22.

By His sinlessness was Jesus sent to reconcile mankind to God of them that believed on Him. Furthermore, Jesus made real to the world the government of God that only One sent by God could ever possibly do. Furthermore, He was instructed to show man that, after His departure, how to carry on His government __ the main reason for Jesus being sent into the world, everything else being incidental.

So, you believing Jesus was mere man is to belittle Him, by elevating yourself, and make the government of God of no sequence.

"Just a man" is the phrase that trins like to use when they realize that Jesus is a man. They question that and accuse believers that Jesus was "just a man".

Well, he was "just a man" a man that believed God completely and perfectly because he wanted to.

Then committed himself to him and was faithful to him

Jesus was the lamb of God. OF God, not Jesus is the lamb who is God.

God supplied that lamb who would pay the price

His only begotten son. you remember? John 3:16

You don't like Jesus being a man, it give you no excuse for your shortcomings.

Well, man up, there are no excuses for our shortcomings, but God in Christ, solved our shortcoming problem

God in Christ redeemed mankind.

We are now lovely and acceptable in God's sight

Ephesians 1:6

Jesus Christ proved that "just a man" could be beloved and acceptable in God's sight.

Therefore, anyone who confesses the lord Jesus and believes in their heart that God raised him from the dead receives salvation. Romans 10:9-10

That salvation makes us beloved and accepted in God's sight

One man messed up, to be legal, just, ethical and equitable, it would take a man to fix the situation to redeem mankind.

Jesus the anointed one, being a man, "just a man" did that

When you do one tenth of what Jesus did, then you will start to realize what incredible things a man that believes God is capable of accomplishing.

Did you part the Red Sea?

Did you bring ten plagues upon Egypt?

Did you build an ark to save yourself from the flood?

Did you tell the moon and sun to stop in the sky and it did?

Did you raise the Shunamite woman's son from the dead?

Did you save Israel from the Philistines?

Did Jesus Christ do any of these things?

Cross Reference

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. . . . . . . .
. . . . . . .In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

. . . . John 1:1-4, 14(KJV)

Question: When did John, who wrote this, know this about Jesus before he did so?

oatmeal

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. . . . . . . .
. . . . . . .In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

. . . . John 1:1-4, 14(KJV)

Question: When did John, who wrote this, know this about Jesus before he did so?

What does scripture tell us?

oatmeal

I believe you are stumped and can't answer.

I believe that if the answer to your question is important, it will be found in scripture.

If not, you will not find it in scripture.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures...

Show me the scripture that answers your question