ECT Was Jesus God. . . .

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Show me the scripture

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. (Romans 8:7)​

The carnal mind is the natural mind of humans without God's Spirit to guide.

The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9)​

The human heart without God's Spirit is deceitful.

oatmeal

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. (Romans 8:7)​

The carnal mind is the natural mind of humans without God's Spirit to guide.

The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9)​

The human heart without God's Spirit is deceitful.

So, then you have no passage in scripture to support your conclusion.

That explains your theology

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So, then you have no passage in scripture to support your conclusion.

The natural human mind is not subject to God's law. Jesus didn't sin so his mind was continually guided by God's Spirit from infancy.

Cross Reference

The natural human mind is not subject to God's law. Jesus didn't sin so his mind was continually guided by God's Spirit from infancy.

Jesus didn't sin BECAUSE He continually had the Mind of God. He proved that one cannot be any earthly good without being completely heavenly minded.

But again, did Jesus have this mind from birth or was it something He had to learn?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Jesus didn't sin BECAUSE He continually had the Mind of God. He proved that one cannot be any earthly good without being completely heavenly minded.

But again, did Jesus have this mind from birth or was it something He had to learn?

Does that mean Jesus is God?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, and? Are you agreeing or disagreeing with my reply?

Jesus didn't sin because he had God's Spirit even before he was potty trained.

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? (Hebrews 9:14)

nikolai_42

The original question :

If he always had spirit he could not have been tempted like we were

You were never tempted before you became a Christian, you never sinned before you were a Christian?

All men are tempted whether they have received the gift of the Holy Spirit or not.

Hebrews 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

If you are correct that Jesus is God, why would Jesus/God, who is spirit, John 4:24, have to anoint himself, who is spirit if Jesus is already spirit, not flesh and bones.

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Jesus is not a spirit, but God is. John 4:24

Jesus was anointed with holy spirit and power because he did not have it.

Acts 10:38

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Luke 24:39
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Who anointed Jesus of N? Did he anoint himself? or did God anoint him?

How does any of this provide evidence for your assertion that the only way Jesus could have been tempted in all points as we are (yet without sin) is if He didn't have the Holy Spirit?

oatmeal

The original question :

How does any of this provide evidence for your assertion that the only way Jesus could have been tempted in all points as we are (yet without sin) is if He didn't have the Holy Spirit?

I Corinthians 2:14

When you figure out what a "natural man" is, then you will have your answer.

nikolai_42

I Corinthians 2:14

When you figure out what a "natural man" is, then you will have your answer.

Was Paul - the one who penned that verse - without sin? Was he, then, merely a natural man who could not receive the things of God? There's nothing in that verse that speaks of being sinless. If you are asserting what I think you are, then no one is spiritual because everyone has sinned.

Cross Reference

Was Paul - the one who penned that verse - without sin? Was he, then, merely a natural man who could not receive the things of God? There's nothing in that verse that speaks of being sinless. If you are asserting what I think you are, then no one is spiritual because everyone has sinned.

Amen!

Aimiel

He is The Creator, as Scripture clearly states:

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

He is The Root AND The Offspring of David:

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

He is where David came from and He is also a descendant (on His mother's side). When He was a single sperm cell He was still God. The Holy Spirit conceived Him in her womb.