ECT Was Jesus God. . . .

Cross Reference

He is The Creator, as Scripture clearly states:

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

He is The Root AND The Offspring of David:

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

He is where David came from and He is also a descendant (on His mother's side). When He was a single sperm cell He was still God. The Holy Spirit conceived Him in her womb.

Obviously then, there couldn't have been anything He needed to learn.

Aimiel

Christ Jesus grew (physically) and waxed...

And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

He was filled to overflowing with wisdom. The grace of God was upon Him and did not 'teach' Him anything, but He taught others, even in His youth.

Cross Reference

Christ Jesus grew (physically) and waxed...

And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

He was filled to overflowing with wisdom. The grace of God was upon Him and did not 'teach' Him anything, but He taught others, even in His youth.

So, I guess we can tear these passages out of the Bible:

"For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings." Hebrews 2:10 (KJV)

"Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered" Hebrews 5:8 (ESV)

"And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected" Luke 13:32 (KJV)

oatmeal

So, I guess we can tear these passages out of the Bible:

"For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings." Hebrews 2:10 (KJV)

"Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered" Hebrews 5:8 (ESV)

"And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected" Luke 13:32 (KJV)

Jesus Christ being the son of God, a man, had to learn.

If he had been God, he would have known it all always

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The original question :

How does any of this provide evidence for your assertion that the only way Jesus could have been tempted in all points as we are (yet without sin) is if He didn't have the Holy Spirit?
I was wondering the same thing, since scripture tells us that God was tempted.

Cross Reference

And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, . . . . . . .

. . . . . . And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. Luke 4:1-14 (KJV)

C'mon people, wake up and accept some clear facts.

oatmeal

Well, He created ALL that is, according to Genesis? Is that enough
to know?

Really? You have a chapter and verse that shows that?

Genesis 1:1 makes no reference to Jesus Christ, the son of God, but it does refer to God, who is not the son of God.

This is a very simple and straightforward concept

God is not the son of God.

The son of God is not God.

It is very simple to comprehend.

or are you referring to Genesis 1:26?

that is where "Jesus is God" is found right?

that is where "God is three in one" is found?

that is where "God is a trinity made up of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit" is found?

that is where God is teaching "us the trinity" right?

Show me.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Your versions says, " Let the three of us, the Father and son and Holy Ghost, the trinity make man in our image"

So if God's image is Father and son and holy ghost, then your image is Father and Son and Holy Ghost?

Please demonstrate your Father and Son and Holy Ghost attributes!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Your versions says, " Let the three of us, the Father and son and Holy Ghost, the trinity make man in our image"

The Apostles' Creed makes it clear that the Holy Spirit fathered Jesus.

"(3) Who was born of the Holy Ghost and of the Virgin Mary" (Apostles' Creed)​

Cross Reference

Genesis 1:1 makes no reference to Jesus Christ, the son of God, but it does refer to God, who is not the son of God.

that is where "God is a trinity made up of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit" is found?

Show me.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So if God's image is Father and son and holy ghost, then your image is Father and Son and Holy Ghost?

You have convinced me that there is such a thing as "indolence of the mind".

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Show me.

John 1:3 speaks of Christ "All things were made by him; and without
him was not any thing made that was made." Christ IS; The Son of
God, and God, the Son! The Holy Spirit is, God the Holy Spirit! ALL
three are ONE! Our "finite minds" cannot fully understand such a
concept, none the less, it is a "Spiritual Truth!"

Christ is God/The Father is God/ And, the Holy Spirit is God! Perhaps,
you don't have the faith to believe that doctrine? You're in a huge
group of those who cannot/will not receive that TRUTH!

God came to earth in the flesh, He died, was buried, and subsequently
was raised from the dead! You don't have to believe that, however,
it's still the truth! Christ created ALL that IS! Who is Christ? He is God!

John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."

Cross Reference

John 1:3 speaks of Christ "All things were made by him; and without
him was not any thing made that was made." Christ IS; The Son of
God, and God, the Son! The Holy Spirit is, God the Holy Spirit! ALL
three are ONE! Our "finite minds" cannot fully understand such a
concept, none the less, it is a "Spiritual Truth!"

Christ is God/The Father is God/ And, the Holy Spirit is God! Perhaps,
you don't have the faith to believe that doctrine? You're in a huge
group of those who cannot/will not receive that TRUTH!

God came to earth in the flesh, He died, was buried, and subsequently
was raised from the dead! You don't have to believe that, however,
it's still the truth! Christ created ALL that IS! Who is Christ? He is God!

John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."
Ditto my last post re "indolence of the mind".

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clearly, the Holy Spirit is God the Father.

That is true. The Father is Spirit.

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

LA

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is true. The Father is Spirit.

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

LA
Matthew 3:16-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He[a] saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

Doves do not speak the Father does.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 3:16-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He[a] saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

Doves do not speak the Father does.

So?

LA