Welcome cleo, the baby killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleo

Originally posted by Lucky

Nope, courtesy made no difference whatsoever.

Lucky, you'll notice I said "your courteous TONE". I have at no point mistaken you for a kind or courteous person, and it was pretty obvious that you were trying to set me up. You will have to get up much earlier in the morning if you want to stay one step ahead of me, I'm afraid. I'm sure neither one of us has forgotten that it was my rebuke to your heartless response regarding the young woman OL told us about (who had been impregnated and abandoned by her church worship leader, and was contemplating an abortion) that started this whole ugly exchange in the first place. You did not have any reaction to the despicable behavior of the worship leader, called the young woman a murderer, and said very curtly that OL should "tell her" to put the baby up for adoption. Ninevah thinks I criticized you for suggesting "counseling", but what you suggested IS NOT "counseling" in any meaningful sense of the word. Later in the thread, OL said that after having been "told" what she should do by many people in the church, she had left the congregation and was avoiding everyone, so you can see just how effective burdening someone in crisis with your "righteous judgment" is. If the hateful invective that has been thrown at me since I dared to suggest that Lucky might be better advised to do something constructive like offering to adopt the baby, instead of adding his unasked-for two cents worth to the woman's already miserable situation, then I can see why she wanted to escape any further abuse. Now, however, she is outside the reach of the Christian point of view and the loving support that could have made her situation one she could face. The angry, hostile face of Christianity presented by some of you drives "sinners" (but aren't we all sinners?) from your midst, even though Christ came to "seek and to save that which is lost." I am sure that this woman, knocked up by the church worship leader (and I am not absolving her of the responsibilities for her choices), and judged and condemned but not helped by "Christians" like you, will think long and hard about seeking a relationship with Christ. But you can all "rest in Jesus", smug in your satisfaction that you have judged someone righteously.

Sozo

Originally posted by cleo

You will have to get up much earlier in the morning if you want to stay one step ahead of me, I'm afraid.

That's rather unfair. Everyone knows that bats are nocturnal.

elected4ever

I have no problem with kicking the crap out of a woman when circumstances call for it. Or a man ether. If you dance to the music then you pay the fiddler. No free rides or uneven rules.

Mr. 5020

Originally posted by elected4ever

I have no problem with kicking the crap out of a woman when circumstances call for it. Or a man ether. If you dance to the music then you pay the fiddler. No free rides or uneven rules.
:confused:

Mr Jack

To those who are offering to take a baby from a pregnant woman who wants an abortion,

Do you really think your offers (impressive as they are) will make any difference at all? Women don't just have abortions to avoid raising children (it's easy enough to pt your baby up for adoption as it is), they have them to avoid pregnancy.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It's at least a gesture, Jack.

Nice Christian witness, by the way, for some of you theists out there. Bang-up job with cleo.

What a pack of wolves.

Eowyn

Proverbs 4:11-13
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Mr Jack

To those who are offering to take a baby from a pregnant woman who wants an abortion,

Do you really think your offers (impressive as they are) will make any difference at all? Women don't just have abortions to avoid raising children (it's easy enough to pt your baby up for adoption as it is), they have them to avoid pregnancy.

That is true, many women want to avoid the pregnancy, don't want to have to deal with it, don't want anyone to know about it, but I think many women don't realize there are actually people out there who will take their baby on the spot. Putting the baby up for adoption might seem overwhelming but to see someone say they will help the mother, get her a place to live (if needed) help her financially, and take the baby when born and find a way to give that baby a home can and does change minds. Not all of course, but it does cause women to reconsider in some cases knowing there is another way. I think it's wonderful to see people offering, genuinely offering, to take a baby that would otherwise be killed:thumb:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Crow

Gerald.....that's enough in that vein. :mad:

Y'all want to get into it with Sozo, be my guest. But leave his kids out of it.
You're right, of course. That remark was over the top, even for me.

:: wanders off in search of a rasp, to file his claws and fangs down a bit ::

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by granite1010

What a pack of wolves.

:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:
:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

Granite

Hall of Fame
:yawn:

Please keep in mind in using that smilie you're endorsing the ridicule of the anti-semite bigot who bought it in the first place...

Sozo

:yawn:

Please keep in mind in using that smilie you're endorsing the ridicule of the anti-semite bigot who bought it in the first place...

Crow is an anti-semite bigot?

:nono:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Nice Christian witness, by the way, for some of you theists out there. Bang-up job with cleo.

Why thank you! Thank you very much! :D

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lighthouse

I'm not making fun of you for being half-Hebrew. It doesn't bother me.

By use of the smilie--and gods help me, I can't believe we're having this discussion--you are. Consider the source, Brandon.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

By use of the smilie--and gods help me, I can't believe we're having this discussion--you are. Consider the source, Brandon.

I don't see it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.