well, I see no one is talking about the pope... that is telling

republicanchick

No such thing, for the Catholic's pope would have to rebuke people for calling him 'Holy Father'; he would have to stop himself and others from calling the other Catholic priests 'father'. He would have to stop taking the seat of most importance. He would have to get rid of all the statues, pictures, and relics of "Jesus, Mary and Saints", including the crucifix. He would have to repent for bowing to those objects, and repent for praying to anyone besides Jesus.

And many other such things.

you anti-Catholics really ought to start complaining about what is REALLY going haywire in the Church..

(not to mention we are all rather BORED with your tired arguments re Mary and the use of ... AHHHHHHHH... words (used in addressing the pope)

could we move onto something important??

oh... yeh... I just realized who I am dealing w/...

__

republicanchick

It's interesting how intently the subject of the pope's coming to the U.S. and spanking the republican party, and spanking American greed-run-amok in general, is being avoided, here. And instead we're bickering about Catholic priests being called "father", which I admit is silly, but lots of religious traditions are silly to those who don't engage in them.

Is anyone going to address the pope's actual message, and how it completely counters the republican party's long-standing agenda of blaming the poor every chance they get and eliminating all public aid to the poor so they can funnel yet even more tax dollars to their wealthy corporate, Wall Street, and military industrial cronies?

I'm just curious if the pope's message tweaked anyone's consciences, here, since some of you all seem to love the republican party so much, hate the poor, and revere corporate greed and profiteering in general. (You know who you are.)

you know.. maybe if you didn't use such extremist sounding rhetoric.. one could take what u say seriously. As it is, you just make yourself look like an uneducated, non-well-read buffoon...

don't know if you ARE that... but if appearances are anything./..

__

God's Truth

Jesus called himself the "Good Shepherd." According to your "logic," then, we are forbidden to refer to human beings as "pastor" (shepherd), correct? (Back to Post #42.)

Nothing in Scripture states that it is "reserved for God," any more than "shepherd" is reserved for Jesus merely because the Bible calls his the "Good Shepherd." Try again.

Back to Post #21.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

You go against the Word of God that is why you cannot see it.

Obey Jesus by not calling a brother in Christ 'father', and stop bowing to statues, etc.; then Jesus will reveal himself to you.

God's Truth

yeh, words... they are HORRIBLE, aren't they?

they cause just horrendous amounts of damage..

ARe you also cringing when you SEE

how aborted babies in abortion "clinics" who live are then being killed? This was recently in the news.. a new bill in Congress.. but it appears you were too busy watching those dreaded cAtholics...

__

Why can't you see that abortions are wrong AND calling a brother in Christ 'father' as wrong too? Why can't you obey all of Jesus' teachings?

God's Truth

you anti-Catholics really ought to start complaining about what is REALLY going haywire in the Church..

(not to mention we are all rather BORED with your tired arguments re Mary and the use of ... AHHHHHHHH... words (used in addressing the pope)

could we move onto something important??

oh... yeh... I just realized who I am dealing w/...

__

Jesus says his words are life. Do you want to throw out life and replace it with your man made teachings?

God's Truth

you know.. maybe if you didn't use such extremist sounding rhetoric.. one could take what u say seriously. As it is, you just make yourself look like an uneducated, non-well-read buffoon...

don't know if you ARE that... but if appearances are anything./..

__

Trust Jesus, and obey what he says, lean not on what you understand.

Cruciform

You go against the Word of God...
Rather, we go against GT's preferred interpretation/application of the Word of God. Big difference there. Try again.

Obey Jesus by not calling a brother in Christ 'father', and stop bowing to statues...
Already decisively answered in previous posts.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Last edited:

Breathe

I'm not a Catholic, but this pope kind of creeps me out. There is something about the way the world practically worships him that alarms me.

And I am heartily sick and tired of seeing him on every news channel 24 hours a day.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
yes, it is telling...

guess some of you anti-Catholics just saw too much GOOD there...

Pope going to Mass

Pope addressing Congress about evils in the US and the world

yes, very telling...

your motto: Cant say anything bad, say nothing at all

+++
The news which is talking about the Pope has been blasting away full-bore 24/7. It sounds like you haven't noticed.

He is speaking to both conservatives and progressives--birth control as well as following Jesus.

On FOX "News" he is quite the subject. It's interesting to me the push-back on Francis among the FOX commentators. If you listen to them closely and critically, they pummel and look down on this pope--but they do it in a way that allows their audience to suspend their thinking.

By and large, FOX is suspicious of anyone criticizing capitalism and embracing all people--even atheists--just like Jesus once did.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I'm not a Catholic, but this pope kind of creeps me out. There is something about the way the world practically worships him that alarms me.

And I am heartily sick and tired of seeing him on every news channel 24 hours a day.
Why would you think this?

He is a breath of fresh air and the world is hungry and gasping.

Like the Beatles, MLK Jr or Kanye West, he is like a lovely Spring rain.

Don't be alarmed. He means no one any harm.

Breathe

I have no idea why, but my gut reaction to him is very negative.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I have no idea why, but my gut reaction to him is very negative.
I understand that. Seriously.

I think we are all bewildered by today's "modern world." For the first time in human history, we are suddenly aware of what was always going on in the world since time began. But now we are aware of everything with Internet and world media.

I have a gut reaction to ISIS and religious fundamentalists of all stripes.
I had no idea that there were other valid religions besides Christianity.
I thought Jesus spoke English and America was fully Christian.

Now, I too, have my own negative reactions that I constantly have to deal with now.

genuineoriginal

Yes, it means that a lot of us think it is meaningless to be the pope, and even more meaningless to look up to the pope.

:duh:
HUH?

_

The way I see it, a true believer would never allow himself to be put into the position of pope since that would be going against the commandments of Jesus, so every pope must be as much of an apostate as the apostate bishops that made him a pope.

Therefore, it is meaningless to be a pope.

PureX

The news which is talking about the Pope has been blasting away full-bore 24/7. It sounds like you haven't noticed.

He is speaking to both conservatives and progressives--birth control as well as following Jesus.

On FOX "News" he is quite the subject. It's interesting to me the push-back on Francis among the FOX commentators. If you listen to them closely and critically, they pummel and look down on this pope--but they do it in a way that allows their audience to suspend their thinking.

By and large, FOX is suspicious of anyone criticizing capitalism and embracing all people--even atheists--just like Jesus once did.
Virtually ALL of the Fox Network's money comes from large corporate advertisers that have a deliberate and vested interest in maintaining America's love of money, of profiteering, and of the idea that the rich deserve to be rich while the poor deserve to suffer. Capitalist greed and heartlessness has been very good for business, and these very wealthy businessmen would like to keep it that way. They don't want some religious figure coming around and reminding people that greed is not good, and is the CAUSE of our problems rather than the solution to them. As preaching that capitalist greed is good, and that capitalist greed is the solution to all our problems is what the Fox propagandists have been preaching since the 1980s.

The definition of conservatism is the desire to maintain the status quo, and the status quo in American since the 1980s has been VERY good for the very rich … and they definitely want to keep it that way.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Rather, we go against GT's preferred interpretation/application of the Word of God. Big difference there. Try again.

Already decisively answered in previous posts.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

The Bible has already been interpreted to English, so all you have to do now is read, believe, and obey.

God's Truth

You say he means no harm, yet he is harming millions by hindering them from being saved.