What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

beanieboy

Buddhism says that one should bless those who curse you, and no matter who says it, it remains a very valid point. That is why I am Buddhist.

Justin (Wiccan)

Crow said:
I apologize, Justin, I did hit the wrong button. :eek:

No apologies necessary, dearheart ... I'm a mod on another forum, so I know how easy it is to do that. ;) "The part of Justin will be played this week by a dark-plumed avian." :chuckle:

Crow said:
Justin, have you noticed that Christians tend to respond differently to you than they do to beanieboy?

OK ... so why is that?

docrob57

Justin (Wiccan) said:
No apologies necessary, dearheart ... I'm a mod on another forum, so I know how easy it is to do that. ;) "The part of Justin will be played this week by a dark-plumed avian." :chuckle:

OK ... so why is that?

I would have to say that it is because we see more hope in you. But maybe this should be a new thread and poll.

SUTG

I voted "He uses the bible"

Although I have nothing against Beanieboy, I find the Bible disgusting.

Balder

This whole poll and the "righteous" gathering it has drawn reminds me of something Biblical...

Like "brood of vipers."

fool

Hall of Fame
Balder said:
This whole poll and the "righteous" gathering it has drawn reminds me of something Biblical...

Like "brood of vipers."
I was thinking Hyenas

Carver

I picked 4 because that's really the only problem I have with BB.

As far as his being homosexual, he's living in sin if he is practicing it, but as he's not a Christian, it's not too much my concern which particular sins he does, but rather my concern is getting him to Christ so that Christ can take those sins away.

I haven't seen any evidence yet of him being a hypocrite, so I couldn't vote for that.

And as for 3, the times I've been held the most accountable in my own life were when I had numerous non-Christians who knew the Bible fairly well critiquing (sp?) my every move. So, not only am I allright with non-Christians using the Bible, I encourage it. It has been very helpful to me.

beanieboy

Buddhists believe that you can overcome evil with good, anger with gentleness, cruelty with kindness.

I guess we shall see as it gets put to the test, to see if this is a truth.

On Fire

He uses the bible (something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

That makes him a hypocrite.

On Fire

beanieboy said:
Buddhists believe that you can overcome evil with good, anger with gentleness, cruelty with kindness.

I guess we shall see as it gets put to the test, to see if this is a truth.
Who is doing the testing?

beanieboy

Carver said:
I picked 4 because that's really the only problem I have with BB.

The vote is still out on that.
I can't say that I definitely do or don't need Christ.
I grew up Christian. I asked Jesus into my heart numerous times during my youth.

I left for various reasons, but I saw more of what Christ spoke of in Buddhists.

I see the whole thing as a path.

I'm unsure of what I think about a God that needs a human sacrifice to make everything ok again, and since Jesus asked people to follow him, and not to accept his pending death/resurrection, was forgiving sins before he was crucified, etc.

People's view of God have changed over the years, so it makes sense that I would question if we really understand it yet, but have come to the conclusion that you don't arrive at the truth, but are constantly learning something more.

I don't believe that God's love is conditional, and God only loves Christians. Otherwise, why would he send his son for everyone, for people that he didn't love? If God can love us while we were yet sinners, God loves us now, on our journey to find him.

I believe that it is God who is always trying to get our attention, not us needing to do anything to get his.

So, I'm still examing, still seeking.

I suppose one can find me disgusting for not arriving there if they wish. Even Thomas asked to see Jesus hands and side, and he was there in the flesh with him, so I don't think examining it, and meditating on it, is really something that disgusts God, and that is all that matters, really.

Carver

It's not hypocrisy to say to someone, "hey, you say you believe x, start acting like it." I am not a Buddhist, but if I thought BB was being a bad Buddhist, and I told him so, I would not be engaging in hypocrisy.

Justin (Wiccan)

On Fire said:
He uses the bible (something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

That makes him a hypocrite.

But as I said, I do the same thing. Yet people do not seem to find me "disgusting." Why do you think that is?

beanieboy

On Fire said:
Who is doing the testing?

I am. I am testing the theory, the Buddhist belief that gentleness wins over harshness, kindness to cruelty, etc.

I thought that I was being clear.

On Fire

Carver said:
It's not hypocrisy to say to someone, "hey, you say you believe x, start acting like it." I am not a Buddhist, but if I thought BB was being a bad Buddhist, and I told him so, I would not be engaging in hypocrisy.
Beanie doesn't have the Holy Spirit dwelling in him. He is incapable of using God's word to judge. When he does so, he is merely blowing smoke. He has apparently blinded you.

Status
Not open for further replies.