Woman Wins Appeal to Wear Colander on Head in DMV Photo as Part of ‘Religion’ to ....

Lon

And so do you. Now tell me, from a Christian perspective, is being a bigot only a negative for non-Christians. Or have you condemned both of us?
You overtly assume here. I don't hate you. I hate arrogance and pride, but not persons. I am against sin and sinful actions. Such is not generally the definition of a bigot, though there can be overlap.

Good, then you can clearly understand the non-believer's just irreverence.
Sure, I understand Hitler hating Jews too. Just? History and every nation would disagree. She can hate all she likes, it does not automatically give a right to wear a colander on her head at the DMV (especially not in my state).

What's the relevance of this "clear distinction"? You're simply free to speak of your religion...she's free to mock it. Case closed.
:nono: There is no such thing of a religion that only exists as a caricature mocking another religion. Anti-Muslim isn't a religion. Atheist isn't either, other than the god-of-self. Again, colander-head can wear whatever she likes as the bigot she is. I already said that. I suppose it is outside the span of this thread, but 'my' point was that it wasn't freedom of religion. That part is incorrect.

Lon

With one exception: I fully embrace a lack of an answer.
:nono: Your next electronic breath:
You seem too cowardly to admit such thus, you suffer an irrational attachment to fantasy.

Such necessarily, by logic, removes the truth of 1. You are nowhere near as logical as you think you are. You really shouldn't try to be your own god, but then exchanges here on TOL with you clearly reveal why you are there, and we are here. There is a God and you have set up yourself to never know Him. YOU did/do that. Sad really, you aren't smart enough to be your own god (or good enough, or loving enough, or caring enough etc. etc.)

I genuinely pray this puts a dent in your insufficient façade.

Lon

Right, but do you see this kind of thing as happening to the point of crisis?
Yes. Proverbially, there went your retirement. At least it is heading that way if we keep catering to the incredibly small minority.

bybee

Right, but do you see this kind of thing as happening to the point of crisis?

One crisis for me is being forced to accept things I find morally repugnant. And the political correctness straight-jacket does just that!
A colander on your head as a religious symbol!
Get out!
I'd take a metal spoon to that colander and bang away shouting "It's a come to Jesus meeting!"
Of course, I'd go to jail.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Yes. Proverbially, there went your retirement. At least it is heading that way if we keep catering to the incredibly small minority.

i suppose it all depends on how the general population responds to this - if her picture goes viral and the social media mockery is directed at her, (as it should be), it's all good

Spoiler
colander1.jpg

Last edited:

Quetzal

i suppose it all depends on how the general population responds to this - if her picture goes viral and the social media mockery is directed at her, (as it should be, it's all good

Spoiler
colander1.jpg
I had an image in my head of what she looked like. I was close.

quip

BANNED
Banned
:nono: There is no such thing of a religion that only exists as a caricature mocking another religion. ...... but 'my' point was that it wasn't freedom of religion.

Rather's it's freedom of religious parody. Though, the expression of such shows no rational differentiation betwixt the two....which was it's point.

quip

BANNED
Banned
:nono: Your next electronic breath:

Such necessarily, by logic, removes the truth of 1. You are nowhere near as logical as you think you are. ...
I genuinely pray this puts a dent in your insufficient façade.

I believe you're referring to the "soundness" or an assumed lackthereof of #1

Is such a position uncomfortable for you...must you fervently desire THE definitive answer.... no matter its veracity?

quip

BANNED
Banned

Seems you're on a roll Lon...:rolleyes:

Where exactly that roll is headed....is quite uncertain...especially to you Lon! :chuckle:

bybee

Seems you're on a roll Lon...:rolleyes:

Where exactly that roll is headed....is quite uncertain...especially to you Lon! :chuckle:

So, this guy wearing a toga made of slabs of beef sewn together walks into a Buddhist Shrine dripping blood all over the floor and says "This is a symbol of my religion and I am out to get converts."
Whatever can the Buddhists monks do about it?

quip

BANNED
Banned
So, this guy wearing a toga made of slabs of beef sewn together walks into a Buddhist Shrine dripping blood all over the floor and says "This is a symbol of my religion and I am out to get converts."
Whatever can the Buddhists monks do about it?

meditate....offer to him, the same.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
How about just the head garb but nothing else?
I'd be ok with that ID.

"Sorry mam but we only have one means of identification...you can leave the head cover on"

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If these nuts insist they have to have that head covering on for their "religion" so much so to put that on a government form testifying to its "truth" they should also be required to have it on if and when they are ever stopped.

Or be charged with fraud.