You have been removed from this thread

WizardofOz

Same here ... posting since 2007. Long enough to remember when Cattyfan and Ninevah were both moderators. Billybob was also actively posting. Memoriessss .....

These days, when I read posts before bed, often the same ones are in the top 30 'what's new' when I wake up the next day.

30 posts in 6+ hours? That used to take about half an hour.

Never mind posters that post one word replies or 'good post' when the rep system would suffice for such deep thoughts.

This isn't twitter, people.

A lot of the depth from previous years is sorely lacking. Heck, I actually miss the days when godrulz was the top volume poster. At least he was capable of putting thought into his posts.

Danoh

Were you ever conservative? Serious question.

More like were you and various of your pals on here ever NOT Extremists AND Bigots.

That too is ALSO a type of Conservatism.

Just not the one I and many many actual, consistent Acts 9 MADS hold to.

Yours and that of various of your pals on here (and on that other forum some of them obviously were recruited to, on TOL) has consistently proven to be the Extremist Hypocrisy within Conservatism that is rebuked in passages of Scripture like the following...

Luke 11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

So no, I was never that kind of a Conservative.

Case in point, I hold a Pro-Life view. But I do not believe I should be expecting people who are not Bible Believers to hold, or not hold, my view on that.

Scripture teaches me to expect those who are not Bible Believers in Christ to have views and behaviors other than that of the Bible Believer.

Because - They - Are - NOT - Bible - Believers.

Duh -uh.

Thus, only the Wilfully Ignorant Extremist Bigot would expect the Non-Bible Believer to hold and or to Kow-Tow to his or her views.

Not so, the Actually Conservative Bible Believer.

In practice his or her Conservatism would look like the following...

2 Corinthians 5:9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences. 5:12 For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart. 5:13 For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause. 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

What Scripture does often do is portray its own as expected to call out its own, on EACH OUR OWN nonsense.

It does not really expect that practice towards the Non-Bible Believer.

1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 5:10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

Which makes absolute sense - Scripture views the Non-Bible Believer as just that - a person "not home" where an understanding and believing in the things of God through His Word, are concerned.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

It is the Extremist within Conservatism that expects Non-Believing members of one's nation, to hold views and or live as the Bible Believer is expected to.

NOT the Non-Bible Believer.

Ephesians 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ; 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

And that was then in history - within one of the most spiritually fallen societies in recorded history - a time wherein out in the open human trafficking and prostitution of all kinds was the norm, right along with murder for sport in arenas throughout that world, etc.

And yet, not much of a peep against the lost being expected to believe in and or act in any other way but as the lost.

It remains consistently obvious that you and various of your pals have wilfully by-passed this distinction.

The mark, not of a Conservative, but of an Extremist Conservatism is what you and various of your pals on here (and some of them on that other forum now also) far too often exhibit.

Hypocrisy is what yours is.

Plain and simple.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
These days, when I read posts before bed, often the same ones are in the top 30 'what's new' when I wake up the next day.

Never mind posters that post one word replies or 'good post' when the rep system would suffice for such deep thoughts.

A lot of the depth from previous years is sorely lacking. Heck, I actually miss the days when godrulz was the top volume poster. At least he was capable of putting thought into his posts.

Apparently that type of variety and thoughtful conversations is now no longer encouraged ...

Danoh

I often post words like "great post!" followed by a :thumb: - where I find I agree with the whole of a post.

While, where I might not wholeheartedly agree with a post, I post on both aspects. This post being a case in point.

Further, soon after I began to observe how some were consistently abusing the rep system - even making it some sort of a point of validation among their own that their multiple high-fives meant they were right in their hypocrisy, I completely chucked using it.

Soon after that, I began calling such hypocrites out, at which point such only proved the case even more - with even more high-fives to each other's double-standard.

:rotfl:

The system appears to have been meant as a means of merely thanking someone for a post one agrees with, or is appreciative of, in some way.

Not as a means of collectively spitting on others through it, nor as a means of self-righteously looking down one's collective nose at anyone one concludes is not of their number.

Or as the Apostle Paul such on here apparently only claim to follow, described himself in contrast to their very kind...

2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Rom. 5:6-8.

WizardofOz

Nothing is stopping you from making threads on your thoughtful content.
You don't have to wait for others to do it.

It has less to do with threads than it does overall activity and forum traffic. If there are only a handful of regular posters here it wouldn't make many threads very interesting for too long.

Do you honestly like TOL better now with significantly less activity and regular posters?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It has less to do with threads than it does overall activity and forum traffic.
Like i said, good riddance to those that constantly complain about TOL.

If there are only a handful of regular posters here it wouldn't make many threads very interesting for too long.
True, but there are not just a handful of regular posters here.
There are new threads and new posts all the time.

You think TOL is too biased.
I think TOL is not biased enough.
But I still enjoy it for what it is.

Do you honestly like TOL better now with significantly less activity and regular posters?
Try to have a little patience.
All sites have lulls at certain times.

School is wrapping up, and that means lots of events and ceremonies to prepare for.
Family vacation planning.
Weather allows for more away from home activity.

I've been a member here since 2004 and there have been many lulls in activity.
But it always perks back up.

TOL is a tool that folks can use as it's intended use.
And it makes no bones about being biased (says that in the agreement you signed when joining).
If it is not the sort of tool one feels comfortable using, then don't use it.
Find another tool you enjoy using.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Like i said, good riddance to those that constantly complain about TOL.

True, but there are not just a handful of regular posters here.
There are new threads and new posts all the time.

You think TOL is too biased.
I think TOL is not biased enough.
But I still enjoy it for what it is.

Try to have a little patience.
All sites have lulls at certain times.

School is wrapping up, and that means lots of events and ceremonies to prepare for.
Family vacation planning.
Weather allows for more away from home activity.

I've been a member here since 2004 and there have been many lulls in activity.
But it always perks back up.

TOL is a tool that folks can use as it's intended use.
And it makes no bones about being biased (says that in the agreement you signed when joining).
If it is not the sort of tool one feels comfortable using, then don't use it.
Find another tool you enjoy using.

Excellent post. :)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It has less to do with threads than it does overall activity and forum traffic. If there are only a handful of regular posters here it wouldn't make many threads very interesting for too long.

Perhaps you'd be happier somewhere else? Why not GO to that 'happy place?'

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The top 30 regular posters:

1 Tambora
2 glorydaz
3 Grosnick Marowbe
4 SaulToPaul
5 steko
6 musterion
7 Angel4Truth
8 Right Divider
9 patrick jane
10 Lighthouse
11 theophilus
12 john w
13 Sherman
14 Nick M
15 heir
16 Stripe
17 Jerry Shugart
18 annabenedetti
19 Town Heretic
20 Ktoyou
21 Arthur Brain
22 JudgeRightly
23 Clete
24 Lon
25 ok doser
26 Rusha
27 Bright Raven
28 6days
29 Ask Mr. Religion
30 Danoh

Granted, some are no longer active (banned, or whatever), but it is still a good number of participants that account for over half of the total number of posts over an extended period of time.

We probably need to resurrect a Topic of the Day type of forum to stimulate more participation rather than just awaiting someone to start new discussions. I have been here for many years but have not started more than 45 threads in all that time. Some just prefer to respond to threads versus creating threads. Then again, some miscreants think starting threads is a badge of honor, no matter how superficial or redundant. A balance is needed.

And, as has been noted by sister Tambora, there is a regular ebb and flow in any discussion site depending upon the day-to-day real lives of its participants.