Alcoholics Anonymous(kinda)

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
It seems that what you eat make this problem solved for good.

I read the book "Potatoes not Prozac".

It seems this book gives you a way to be sober for a life time without much of struggle.

Author gives instruction what kind of food you should be eating.

I am not alcoholic but I have chronic depression. Alcoholics and depression are both based on chemical imbalance, she says.

What she says makes sense from my life long experience.

I think what we put in our bodies most definitely can affect it's composition, both chemically and otherwise. Would it not be the same for our minds?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Maybe we should eat the book. :think: :eek:

It sure worth reading, IMO.

According to the author, we are sugar sensitive people.

We should be getting rid of all kind of sweet food including fruit, especially super sweet ones like, banana, apple, grapes and oranges and so on.

glorydaz

Does anything else have an affect on our mind, then?

I'm convinced exercise affects our mental outlook. And certainly eating healthy is a good thing. Have you ever heard of "grounding"? Walking barefoot? I just try to get as close to nature as I can and that always helps my moods.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It sure worth reading, IMO.

According to the author, we are sugar sensitive people.

We should be getting rid of all kind of sweet food including fruit, especially super sweet ones like, banana, apple, grapes and oranges and so on.

I once read a book that said that when people are sitting around yawning, they are actually competing for the limited Orgone energy.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
You will be able to control your mind if you are eating right.
That, apparently, is the author's opinion. It may also be true. Again, I ask you, can anything other than proper diet have a proper affect on our minds?

You know, addicted people cannot control their addiction.
On our own. Yes, I know.

If you've come here solely looking for a platform for whatever, please leave. If you're here to engage in discussion, please start answering questions that others pose to you.

glorydaz

I once read a book that said that when people are sitting around yawning, they are actually competing for the limited Orgone energy.

Ecclesiastes 12:12
And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.​

(Sorry, Josh, but I had to post this verse.)

I'm thinking Steko's point might be that there are sure a lot of books out there that can prove to be wearisome. ;)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Chemically imbalanced people should avoid white bread, white rice, all sugary food including super sweet fruit and juices.

Eat plenty of protein, vegies, whole grain bread or rice. Dairy is included in protein group.

Eat three times a day. Protein is included in three meals.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ok, If you want me to leave, I will leave. I thought I was being helpful.

good day and blessings.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Ecclesiastes 12:12
And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.​

(Sorry, Josh, but I had to post this verse.)

I'm thinking Steko's point might be that there are sure a lot of books out there that can prove to be wearisome. ;)

Don't apologize. You're welcome to post bible verses here when you find them relevant. I just don't want this to turn into a flame fest, ever. :)

Ok, If you want me to leave, I will leave. I thought I was being helpful.

good day and blessings.

I didn't ask you to leave, I asked you to respond to questions when they're directed to you. That book may be able to help someone, and I'm glad you posted about it.

PureX

I expect good diet and exercise is going to help anyone whether they're alcoholic or not. I don't think they will help an alcoholic to stop drinking, but pursuing a healthy life style certainly could help one stay sober if he/she can get sober.

In the early days of sobriety, I have known people to use heavy exercise as a way of avoiding drinking. But I doubt that would work for most. I, personally, did a LOT of rocking and pacing. I found physical and mental repetition to be helpful.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I expect good diet and exercise is going to help anyone whether they're alcoholic or not. I don't think they will help an alcoholic to stop drinking, but pursuing a healthy life style certainly could help one stay sober if he/she can get sober.

In the early days of sobriety, I have known people to use heavy exercise as a way of avoiding drinking. But I doubt that would work for most. I, personally, did a LOT of rocking and pacing. I found physical and mental repetition to be helpful.

That book was specific. It is strict about those food.

I have been health conscious all my life, but my diet was not healthy enough.

I did not think it is a good deal when I skip breakfast as long as I catch up later on with healthy food.

Most of us skip breakfast and eat white bread instead of whole wheat bread.

My problem was mostly about protein. I did not get enough protein.

And I consumed too much fruit.

I am not totally cured of my chronic depression; it is because I am not getting rid of sweet totally, I think.

I am not supposed to consume any sweet things.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
My name is Josh, and I'm an alcoholic. I am working on day 39 of my sobriety, and I don't know much, but I know I won't drink today.

That being said, I searched for a similar thread to no avail, so I thought I'd start one so that any of us that would like/need another place to talk/vent/be heard would have it. I've made some pretty decent friendships on TOL over the last 5 years, so I have no doubt that this thread can be a good place for those of us that need it. I know I need it, since I work 3 weeks at a time without any real chance to catch a meeting.

Bill said in the AA's Big Book that "we are people who normally would not mix. But there exists among us a fellowship, a friendliness, and an understanding which is indescribably wonderful." That's as true at AA meetings as it is here at TOL, so I hope we can all get along, or at least be respectful here. :)

In tradition with AA, I'd like to keep theology out of here as much as possible. This thread is for those who are staying sober, one day at a time, or for those who would like insight into any aspect of AA. I hope this thread is helpful to even one other person here. :wave2:

i pray that you stay excited about it and eventually ease into a helping role or leadership role @ AA. keep Jesus Christ at the forefront of your life/mind and each day gets easier. please don't ever think you can go back to drinking and somehow manage and control it, it doesn't work -

i don't know how long you drank, what you drank or how much, and none of that matters now that you're sober. stay strong and watch your life improve while rebuilding relationships. we get a very short time on earth, we can't drink through it - :wave2:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Never had a substance addiction problem. Most persons will experience 'free floating anxiety' at some time on their life. I do have an anxious problem, yet it seems silly unless you experienced it personally, or observed me. I pick the callouses off my feet constantly. and that started a few years after I took ill. Sometimes it is bad enough to cause the bottom of my feet to bleed.

It is similar to hair puling. Trichotillomania

This would be remedied with some behavior modification, and can be done by oneself, if one has the knowledge. I guess I never thought it worth the effort. I think this is similar to the way alcoholics feel until they develop severe physical, or social-legal problems