American Journalist beheaded by Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
That is one parochial way to look at it?
Facts are always interpreted through the fog of one's biases.
You have them too!

So far you've disputed Balerion's factual breakdown of the Iraq War and the events following World War II. I think you're being contrary for its own sake, at this rate.

bybee

So far you've disputed Balerion's factual breakdown of the Iraq War and the events following World War II. I think you're being contrary for its own sake, at this rate.

Perhaps I have read other documents? Perhaps I am aware of what appear to me to be mitigating circumstances?
You are very good with facts.
Often, it is what lies between the lines and what might be teased out of the nuances and conflicting reports that is of importance.
You are lop-sided in interpretation of data.

drbrumley

HST is in the top 5 of the worst Presidents EVER! He had MacArthur, didn't listen to him. Had Eisenhower, didn't listen to him etc......

drbrumley

We should have a James Foley Marque and Reprisal Act of 2014.

(a)The President of the United States is authorized and requested to commission, under officially issued letters of marque and reprisal, so many of privately armed and equipped persons and entities as, in his judgment, the service may require, with suitable instructions to the leaders thereof, to employ all means reasonably necessary to seize outside the geographic boundaries of the United States and its territories the person and property of any ISIS co-conspirator, and of any conspirator with ISIS who are responsible for the murder perpetrated upon James Foley,
(b) The President of the United States is authorized to place a money bounty, drawn in his discretion from the $40,000,000,000 appropriated on September 14, 2001, in the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Recovery from and Response to Terrorists Attacks on the United States or from private sources, for the capture, alive or dead, of any other ISIS conspirator responsible for the act of murder of James Foley under the authority of any letter of marque or reprisal issued under this Act.
(c) No letter of marque and reprisal shall be issued by the President without requiring the posting of a security bond in such amount as the President shall determine is sufficient to ensure that the letter be executed according to the terms and conditions thereof.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
HST is in the top 5 of the worst Presidents EVER! He had MacArthur, didn't listen to him.

Problem is, Truman did listen to him. McArthur assured Truman that he being familiar with the Chinese mindset, was sure that the Chinese would not enter the war, if U.N. forces went north of the line dividing Korea.

So Truman believed him, and the rest is history.

Only after McArthur became completely insubordinate, was he relieved of duty. Later, he admitted that he believed that a general in command of a theater of operations could overrule the president.

Small wonder he lost his job. He was a brilliant strategist, but a poor excuse for a soldier. His personal morals were deplorable as well, but that is true of many great military leaders.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Another thread totally derailed ...

5f65de912f0d543286505afd058027cf210321fe97dcced6f57b4280d0a14c25.jpg

:banana:

Christian Liberty

Which he didn't have to do.

This/

GI Bill. Although come to think of it most conservatives these days would've opposed taking care of WWII vets just as though oppose taking care of the ones we have now.

It is certainly hypocritical to support war and interventionism and yet not support taking care of your pawns. But, I don't support the GI Bill either, which is consistent with my anti-militaristic and anti-tax stance.
HST is in the top 5 of the worst Presidents EVER! He had MacArthur, didn't listen to him. Had Eisenhower, didn't listen to him etc......

True. One of the most obvious examples of mass murdering terrorists in US history. A disgusting man who should have been hanged for mass murder.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It is certainly hypocritical to support war and interventionism and yet not support taking care of your pawns. But, I don't support the GI Bill either, which is consistent with my anti-militaristic and anti-tax stance.

Do you support its use now, though, considering the needs of veterans?

IMJerusha

I did something last night. I finally found the full uncut video that shows everything and I watched it over and over and over again. I turned off my emotions and just watched it. The more I watched it, the more I'm convinced something is not right about this whole thing. It looks off...all the way down to James Foley's physical/physiological responses which were virtually nill. Could Obama have staged this to get public support for war? I haven't read this whole thread. Has anyone else suspected this?

Just one other thing....a message of sorts to ISIS. If you truly believe in what you're doing, why must you hide behind citizens and cover your faces? Islam doesn't teach men to cover their faces. Only women cover their faces. What sort of god do you represent? Shabbat Shalom, btw. :) Peace of the real, One True God!

Puny god

Last edited:

This Charming Manc

I decided watching the whole thing would be bad for me, so I haven't watched all of it yet. But in response to your suggestion ...

Your president is nowhere near powerful enough to pull of that kind of lie.

It is not deceiving one media group, society or perspective, but pulling of a lie of that scale to the whole world. if it is a deception and not real here is a list of people who would not stand for it and embarrass your president.

• ISIS
  • Other Jhadists
  • Iran
  • Russia
  • China
  • European Free Press
  • American Press
  • Congress
  • Republican party

Do you think he could rig so no one in those groups would know and expose him?

I dont believe I bothered to answer that post ..........

I did something last night. I finally found the full uncut video that shows everything and I watched it over and over and over again. I turned off my emotions and just watched it. The more I watched it, the more I'm convinced something is not right about this whole thing. It looks off...all the way down to James Foley's physical/physiological responses which were virtually nill. Could Obama have staged this to get public support for war? I haven't read this whole thread. Has anyone else suspected this?

Just one other thing....a message of sorts to ISIS. If you truly believe in what you're doing, why must you hide behind citizens and cover your faces? Islam doesn't teach men to cover their faces. Only women cover their faces. What sort of god do you represent? Shabbat Shalom, btw. :) Peace of the real, One True God!

Puny god

Last edited:

IMJerusha

So IMJ's stooped to trutherism here.

Despicable.

Sorry to say, I don't know what that is, Granite.

Wait...Googled it. It appears to be the disbelief that 9/11 did not occur as it did? All I can respond with is, have you seen the entire video?

musterion

I want to think these men have been seriously drugged in order to not run or fight or take a bullet rather than what they MUST know is coming next, but their speech suggests they're not drugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.