Are women suppose to be Pastors?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Woman engaged in significant ministry such as Priscilla and Aquila correct Apollos of his imcomplete theology theory. And the Apostle Paul. In his letter to the Romans, identified sixteen significant helpers in ministry (16:1-16), and at least ten of them were women. And of course, women also made a huge contribution to Jesus' ministry. Remember in Luke with appreciation to their financial support and company with Him (Luke 8:1-3).

So what does the Bible say?

Looking at few verses it is clear that the Bible does not support the practice of women serving as pastors. But there is also numerous passages that speak and clearly support the value of women in ministry.
Good post.

Aimiel

Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

Junia, a female apostle.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

Junia, a female apostle.

So maybe there are female pastors if you go by Ephesians 4 the five apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher.

Truster

If the Eternal Almighty had appointed females to be pastors He would have given us the female pronouns so as to prevent any confusion.He didn't so there is no confusion.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If the Eternal Almighty had appointed females to be pastors He would have given us the female pronouns so as to prevent any confusion.He didn't so there is no confusion.

I believe that you are saying that the word pastor is masculine.

Truster

I believe that you are saying that the word pastor is masculine.

The term pastor is from Old French and is a term the translators used instead of shepherd which is masculine. It (pastors) appeared in the Latin Bible and was then used in English.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The term pastor is from Old French and is a term the translators used instead of shepherd which is masculine. It appeared in the Latin Bible and was then used in English.

It is interesting looking for pastor and shepherd in the Bible.

Genesis 29:9 NASB - While he was still speaking with them, Rachel came with her father's sheep, for she was a shepherdess.

Truster

It is interesting looking for pastor and shepherd in the Bible.

Genesis 29:9 NASB - While he was still speaking with them, Rachel came with her father's sheep, for she was a shepherdess.

Yes Jacob, as you have found, shepherd allows the male/female distinction whereas pastor does not.

Truster

Except that there was a word for the female of pastor, unless pastor is not even masculine.

Pastor is a mistranslation.

And indeed, he gave some, apostles;
and some, prophets;
and some, evangelists;
and some, shepherds and doctors;
12 for the perfecting of the holy
— to the work of the ministry
— to the edifying of the body of the Messiah:​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Pastor is a mistranslation.

And indeed, he gave some, apostles;
and some, prophets;
and some, evangelists;
and some, shepherds and doctors;
12 for the perfecting of the holy
— to the work of the ministry
— to the edifying of the body of the Messiah:​

I thought it is or was pastors and teachers as four and five.