Are women suppose to be Pastors?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There are no maybe's in scripture. Each word has a meaning. §if the Almighty wants you to know the meaning He will reveal it to you.
Definitely. Certainly. I have heard the word used for a teacher of the Law, or a Torah Teacher. But I do not believe that to be the case here.

bcbsr

I would say that such an idea is the leaven of toxic feminism which has largely infiltrated the Christian community in its denial of God's design of gender. Isaiah noted, "Youths oppress my people, women rule over them. O my people, your guides lead you astray; they turn you from the path." Is 3:12

Paul clearly writes on this subject saying, "A woman should learn in quietness and full submission.I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner." 1Tim 2:11-14

Note - no references to culture, as some misconstrue to passage, but to Genesis as the origin of gender roles.

Aimiel

bcbsr,

Back! Go back to the 1800's where you came from. This is 2019. You're a time-traveler who took a wrong turn! Go back where you came from!!!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
God bless the handmaidens of the Lord.........

God bless the handmaidens of the Lord.........

What say you?

'God' can use any human vessel he chooses and has done so even within a bible that has been written mostly and redacted by 'men' who obviously have ruled the culture and authority structure within a predmoninant 'patriarchy'. You'll find women that God has used thru-out history, and women in ministry in the NT.

In the Spirit we are all one, no 'male' or 'female' distinctions or usurping of one above another, for all gender and all sex is divinely married and transcended in Christ. Only on this plane of existence where such gender distinctions or differences have their place and function (cooperatively), do we recognize these, but in the Spirit we are more liberal, for where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is true liberty. With this understanding, surely God anoints and uses female vessels. The Holy Spirit being more feminine in nature and attributes, can often flow more effectively thru women in a nurturing intuitive manner, but God is no respector of persons of course, but 'male' and 'female' are aspects of God own person and nature, since He made man in his image/likeness....being BOTH 'male' and 'female'. God is not divided, but is indivisible, a complete unity, so 'male' and 'female' function inter-actively as one, synergistically.

So, any soul, whatever their sex, can be called and anointed by 'God' and serve in their respective calling in the body of Christ, or any area of ministry, - if a woman has been called to pastor, who are you to reject that calling, as the truth of her calling shall be God's work alone, every tree being judged by its own fruit.

I thank 'God' for many women in my life and many soul mothers so to speak,...for we must honor 'God' in both genders and glorify God in those souls and they reveal and express the glory of God. 'God' is not a sexist, neither is he is bound to religious beliefs, customs or traditions, neither to the dead letter of religous texts, for even those must be spiritually discerned and interpreted, lest they become instruments of death, and not life, which only the SPIRIT can give.

I recognize a universal Father-Mother God, and Man is a reflection of that One Deity.