Boy Scouts end ban on openly gay troop leaders

Quetzal

And you could avoid judging me so speciously because I differ from you. I do not hate people. But I find certain behaviors to be disgusting and loathesome.
Never would I be unkind to a person because of sexual orientation and so long as they are civil to me I am civil to them.
There we have it, an honest statement about yourself. Next time you can skip the entire "mother nature" nonsense you spewed and cut straight to the chase.

Edit: As far as the judging thing, I judge you based on what you show me. And when I see someone hide behind a transparent explanation about nature, it tells me you are a coward and I addressed you as such.

bybee

There we have it, an honest statement about yourself. Next time you can skip the entire "mother nature" nonsense you spewed and cut straight to the chase.

Edit: As far as the judging thing, I judge you based on what you show me. And when I see someone hide behind a transparent explanation about nature, it tells me you are a coward and I addressed you as such.

Okay
But I absolutely believe that homosexual behavior is against nature.
It is abnormal.
But it does exist and I do believe that so far as the law is concerned equality is mandated.

Quetzal

Okay
It is abnormal.
So is humans flying but I don't hear anyone arguing to ban Southwest (and who would? Their rates are great in the off season!)

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybee
Okay
It is abnormal.

So is humans flying but I don't hear anyone arguing to ban Southwest (and who would? Their rates are great in the off season!)

Let me know when flying is the reason behind contracting HIV/AIDS, anal cancer, syphilis, gonorrhea and a long list of STD's that I can't pronounce, let alone spell, and I'll take the train.

Quetzal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybee
Okay
It is abnormal.

Let me know when flying is the reason behind contracting HIV/AIDS, anal cancer, syphilis, gonorrhea and a long list of STD's that I can't pronounce, let alone spell, and I'll take the train.
There are just as many (if not more) dangers from heterosexual sex, too. Intercourse is risky and is not just limited to homosexuals.

Quetzal

Okay, but you seek to obscure the issue at hand by shot-gunning other possibilities.
Not at all, his argument is that homosexual sex is dangerous and it is. But so are other things that are acceptable. If we were to disregard everything we do on the fact that it could cause disease, there is very little we could actually do.

GFR7

There are just as many (if not more) dangers from heterosexual sex, too.
Wow, so if a young male interested in sex with other males were being counseled, he should be told, "You're actually choosing the safer path; far moreso than if you wanted sex with a girlfriend." ? :think:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow, so if a young male interested in sex with other males were being counseled, he should be told, "You're actually choosing the safer path; far moreso than if you wanted sex with a girlfriend." ? :think:

It's odd that you would come up with such a question ... most people would advise the child to consult their parent/parents.

bybee

Not at all, his argument is that homosexual sex is dangerous and it is. But so are other things that are acceptable. If we were to disregard everything we do on the fact that it could cause disease, there is very little we could actually do.

I read that in Europe during the Middle Ages Jews were confined to ghettos. Their incidence of illness and child mortality were significantly lower than their neighbors.
Therefore neighbors concluded that they were practicing witch craft and used that as an excuse to invade the ghettos robbing, raping and slaughtering the inhabitants.
And here it was simply a matter of hygiene and safe sex practices.

TracerBullet

Okay
It is abnormal.
But it does exist and I do believe that so far as the law is concerned equality is mandated.

you can believe the earth is flat too...but that doesn't change the shape of our planet.

Quetzal

Swing and miss. Thanks for playing.

Quetzal

I read that in Europe during the Middle Ages Jews were confined to ghettos. Their incidence of illness and child mortality were significantly lower than their neighbors.
Therefore neighbors concluded that they were practicing witch craft and used that as an excuse to invade the ghettos robbing, raping and slaughtering the inhabitants.
And here it was simply a matter of hygiene and safe sex practices.
Right, the idea is that safe sex is something that applies to everyone. Homosexuals can have sex and be safe just as heterosexuals can.

TracerBullet

And you may believe it is meant to be inhabited by prancing nancie's geldings all.
That is your privilege.

And you could avoid judging me so speciously because I differ from you. (where have I heard this before?) I do not hate people. But I find certain behaviors to be disgusting and loathesome...behaviors such as claiming minorities are unnatural or abnormal. Or going on nonsense like "grooming" children.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And you could avoid judging me so speciously because I differ from you. (where have I heard this before?) I do not hate people. But I find certain behaviors to be disgusting and loathesome...behaviors such as claiming minorities are unnatural or abnormal. Or going on nonsense like "grooming" children.

Runner up for the Queen of Denial award for the day.

bybee

I differ from you. I have never claimed that "minorities" are unnatural or abnormal. I have claimed that homosexual practice is abnormal and unnatural, meaning outside the norm of behavior.
There is an organization called "The Man Boy Love" or something to that equivalent.
They absolutely groom boys for pederasty. Now, they shall have full access to Boy Scouts on camping trips and other outings.
So, I do feel there is cause for concern.