Calvinist Version of John 3:16

Robert Pate

Banned
In my soul winning days John 3:16 was one of my favorite scriptures that I would read to the unsaved. There is just so much truth in John 3:16. Many people have come to know Christ as their savior by doing nothing more than reading John 3:16. If Satan had his way he would have it removed from the Bible.

Here is the Calvinist version of John 3:16.

"God only loves a few of us and has damned the rest to hell. So that those of us who have been predestinated should not perish, but have everlasting life".

Fortunately it doesn't say that at all. Here is the correct interpretation of John 3:16, line by line and word by word.

"For God so loved the world"
It was God's plan before he created the heavens and the earth that his Son Jesus Christ would be the savior of the whole world, Colossians 1:14-19. God loves all of his creation and loves the crown of his creation, humanity, so much that he gives his only begotten Son for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

"That he gave his only begotten Son"
When God gives something it means that something must be received, John 1:12. In this case it is salvation. Salvation is offered to man as a free gift from God, Romans 5:18. If God imposed salvation (Calvinism) then it would not be a free gift it would be an imposition. If God imposed salvation then there would be no need for God to give us his Son.

"That whosoever believes in him should not perish"
This is to simple for many. Paul said that the Gospel was a simple message. The religious are the ones that want to add something to this. The Catholics insist that it is the Gospel plus your good works that will save you. There is nothing about works in this scripture. To him that does nothing more than believes in Jesus as his savior, he will be saved. Even little children understand this.

"But have everlasting life"
This is the reward or the compensation for believing in Jesus, which is eternal life. Our salvation cost us nothing, but it costs Christ everything. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him, 2 Corinthians 5:21. This eternal life is our real life that has been hidden with Christ in God, Colossians 3:3. It is also the abundant life, John 10:10.

"For God so loved the world,that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

Read this to someone today.

Truster

That he gave his only begotten Son"

Why did He give His only begotten Son? To hang from a tree and absorb every drop of wrath that the Father poured out in those hours of darkness.Wrath pour out and inflicted without mercy for the people He chose to save from their sins.

"And she will have a son, and you are to name him Yah Shua, for he will save his people from their sins."

Yah= eternal
+
Shua= saviour or salvation.

His people...go figure.

Truster

I quit reading after that... no one 'wins' anyone's soul.

Does your pride and lack of humility know no bounds?

I stopped there as well just read the bold verse.

There are a group of people in the UK called Plymouth Brethren and they talk much about "winning souls" Despicable doctrine by which their own children have been confused and bitterly disappointed with themselves.

Or, “God so loved the world that He created a greater chunk of it damned, because just kidding about not wanting any to perish.”

Hyper-Calvinism is a wholly disgusting, total lie. The Calvinist god is more befitting Allah, or some Hindu deity, wrapped-up in karma, or a Greco-Roman deity. The capricious god is, actually, a most pagan sort of god, cut from the mythology cloth, an anthropomorphized god most resembling evil, unholy man, just the sort of god a man or devil would invent.

Truster

Or, “God so loved the world that He created a greater chunk of it damned, because just kidding about not wanting any to perish.”

Hyper-Calvinism is a wholly disgusting, total lie. The Calvinist god is more befitting Allah, or some Hindu deity, wrapped-up in karma, or a Greco-Roman deity. The capricious god is, actually, a most pagan sort of god, cut from the mythology cloth, an anthropomorphized god most resembling evil, unholy man, just the sort of god a man or devil would invent.

Your impiety makes me want to :vomit:

Your impiety makes me want to :vomit:

Sorry to hear that, but having meager comprehension skills, for whatever reason, is a personal problem.

Do take a break from angry trolling, go to the toilet, as it appears you’re throwing up on yourself, which is, actually, a pattern in your posts, again, sorry, and clearly messy, but not my problem.

Don't get me wrong. I do thank you for the mildly amusing comment, though greatly prefer some strong persecution and slander that I can derive a greater joy from.

Truster

Sorry to hear that, but having meager comprehension skills, for whatever reason, is a personal problem.

Do take a break from angry trolling, go to the toilet, as it appears you’re throwing up on yourself, which is, actually, a pattern in your posts, again, sorry, and clearly messy, but not my problem.

Don't get me wrong. I do thank you for the mildly amusing comment, though greatly prefer some strong persecution and slander that I can derive a greater joy from.

Your impiety is not outclassed by your stupidity, but it was a close second.

Robert Pate

Banned
That he gave his only begotten Son"

Why did He give His only begotten Son? To hang from a tree and absorb every drop of wrath that the Father poured out in those hours of darkness.Wrath pour out and inflicted without mercy for the people He chose to save from their sins.

"And she will have a son, and you are to name him Yah Shua, for he will save his people from their sins."

Yah= eternal
+
Shua= saviour or salvation.

His people...go figure.

John 3:16 Plainly says that God gave his Son for THE WORLD.

Robert Pate

Banned

As usual, I agree.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I quit reading after that... no one 'wins' anyone's soul.

Does your pride and lack of humility know no bounds?

Robert knows that Jesus is the true Soul Winner... He is just pointing out that he had the privilege of being used by Jesus as his eyes, ears, mouth and so on...

You do understand what "Body of Christ" means in light of today? Right?

Robert Pate

Banned
I stopped there as well just read the bold verse.

There are a group of people in the UK called Plymouth Brethren and they talk much about "winning souls" Despicable doctrine by which their own children have been confused and bitterly disappointed with themselves.

Paul was a soul winner, was he not?

As usual, I agree.

Robert, a few like you lend TOL redeeming quality. By the way, I did a thread today and posted in one of your threads this link to "The Five Pillars of Salvation", was so impressed with this sermon I’ve listened to it 2 1/2 times today, which debunks Calvinism in addition to much more, like debunking legalism, but also license, very well worth a listen! Adrian I think had some real Holy Spirit Wheaties before this sermon.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/love-worth-finding/custom-player

HisServant

Robert knows that Jesus is the true Soul Winner... He is just pointing out that he had the privilege of being used by Jesus as his eyes, ears, mouth and so on...

You do understand what "Body of Christ" means in light of today? Right?

Ah, so you are one of those new age nut jobs.... thanks for letting us all know.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Ah, so you are one of those new age nut jobs.... thanks for letting us all know.

Ahhhh... So you are one of those New Age Nut Jobs that believes the post cannon writings of men over Scripture while claiming to be...

Systematically "Sola Scripture".

New Age? I'm Eastern in Eschatology... Adhere to genuine Scripture only and Exalt Jesus as the Savior of the world.

But... you did know that Israel is in the East... and cannon was closed after the "Book of Revelation"... right?

I mean... if the 66 books are so important... why do we need to add "Reformed Commentary"?

His Servant in Bond,

- EE

# Do all of you hyper Calvies get taught to rattle off accusations towards people without knowing them.... just so you can defend your Lord and God ... J. Calvin?

beloved57

In my soul winning days John 3:16 was one of my favorite scriptures that I would read to the unsaved. There is just so much truth in John 3:16. Many people have come to know Christ as their savior by doing nothing more than reading John 3:16. If Satan had his way he would have it removed from the Bible.

Here is the Calvinist version of John 3:16.

"God only loves a few of us and has damned the rest to hell. So that those of us who have been predestinated should not perish, but have everlasting life".

Fortunately it doesn't say that at all. Here is the correct interpretation of John 3:16, line by line and word by word.

"For God so loved the world"
It was God's plan before he created the heavens and the earth that his Son Jesus Christ would be the savior of the whole world, Colossians 1:14-19. God loves all of his creation and loves the crown of his creation, humanity, so much that he gives his only begotten Son for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

"That he gave his only begotten Son"
When God gives something it means that something must be received, John 1:12. In this case it is salvation. Salvation is offered to man as a free gift from God, Romans 5:18. If God imposed salvation (Calvinism) then it would not be a free gift it would be an imposition. If God imposed salvation then there would be no need for God to give us his Son.

"That whosoever believes in him should not perish"
This is to simple for many. Paul said that the Gospel was a simple message. The religious are the ones that want to add something to this. The Catholics insist that it is the Gospel plus your good works that will save you. There is nothing about works in this scripture. To him that does nothing more than believes in Jesus as his savior, he will be saved. Even little children understand this.

"But have everlasting life"
This is the reward or the compensation for believing in Jesus, which is eternal life. Our salvation cost us nothing, but it costs Christ everything. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him, 2 Corinthians 5:21. This eternal life is our real life that has been hidden with Christ in God, Colossians 3:3. It is also the abundant life, John 10:10.

"For God so loved the world,that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

Read this to someone today.
You teach that sinners Christ loved and died for are still lost regardless.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

HisServant

Ahhhh... So you are one of those New Age Nut Jobs that believes the post cannon writings of men over Scripture while claiming to be...

Systematically "Sola Scripture".

New Age? I'm Eastern in Eschatology... Adhere to genuine Scripture only and Exalt Jesus as the Savior of the world.

But... you did know that Israel is in the East... and cannon was closed after the "Book of Revelation"... right?

I mean... if the 66 books are so important... why do we need to add "Reformed Commentary"?

His Servant in Bond,

- EE

# Do all of you hyper Calvies get taught to rattle off accusations towards people without knowing them.... just so you can defend your Lord and God ... J. Calvin?

I don't believe in any of the writings of men. Scripture alone.