Calvinist Version of John 3:16

Truster

Aren't you the guy that told me it should be "evangelize" instead of "Gospel".... or some word other than "GOSPEL". Does the word Gospel bother you? Is the idea that the Gospel is to all humanity... upsetting to you? Gospel is a Good News word and I'm wondering why you are a biblical grammar Nazi... yet slightly void of accepting fellow believers in Jesus as their Lord, God and Savior.

Is it because I chose the Gospel, because the Gospel chose me, but I write out the whole... Saved before I became saved doctrine through scripture?

Is the word GOSPEL offensive to you because you like to inspect other people's "fruits"?

Fruit is singular not plural.

I chose to know exactly what the words in scripture mean. Its important to me that I understand what was said and what was understood by those that first heard it. I don't speak parrot fashion, but with understanding. You seem offended by accuracy and authenticity which is typical of goats who will eat any rubbish. Lambs are more circumspect...

beloved57

Until they choose to believe, yes, they are and will remain lost. How do they get saved? By doing Romans 10:9. Until then, they are unsaved. Jesus died for all, but not all have responded in kind
You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost, so you deny that Christ death saves those He died for!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Aren't you the guy that told me it should be "evangelize" instead of "Gospel".... or some word other than "GOSPEL". Does the word Gospel bother you? Is the idea that the Gospel is to all humanity... upsetting to you? Gospel is a Good News word and I'm wondering why you are a biblical grammar Nazi... yet slightly void of accepting fellow believers in Jesus as their Lord, God and Savior.

Is it because I chose the Gospel, because the Gospel chose me, but I write out the whole... Saved before I became saved doctrine through scripture?

Is the word GOSPEL offensive to you because you like to inspect other people's "fruits"?

Tsk, tsk. Have you failed to notice that, around here, some people are the fruits? As much trolling as goes on here, somebody should try an ad that sells snagging lures, could become the next Yahoo. In your case, there is probably also a heavy element of sword envy behind the bitterness. I’ve never even seen QVC selling a rapier on the Cutlery Corner that glows!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Tsk, tsk. Have you failed to notice that, around here, some people are the fruits? As much trolling as goes on here, somebody should try an ad that sells snagging lures, could become the next Yahoo. In your case, there is probably also a heavy element of sword envy behind the bitterness. I’ve never even seen QVC selling a rapier on the Cutlery Corner that glows!

Back at you WonderfulLordJesus!... All respect... I'm jumping off for the day after reading your post, before someone comes along and makes my hat fit again.

May the WonderfulLordJesus forever continue to bless, keep and guide you and yours in all things,

- EE

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Fruit is singular not plural.

I chose to know exactly what the words in scripture mean. Its important to me that I understand what was said and what was understood by those that first heard it. I don't speak parrot fashion, but with understanding. You seem offended by accuracy and authenticity which is typical of goats who will eat any rubbish. Lambs are more circumspect...

OIC...

Like these guys?

Matthew 23:24

You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.​

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
As opposed to the humanist you are?... both you and evil eye?

It is not about you, never has been... it is about God and always will be.

I'll probably get blasted for this... but wouldn't you say that THE GOD that died for ALL MANKIND while WE were SINNERS is the most compassionate, merciful "Humanist" that has ever, or will ever LIVE?

Your use of the word "humanist" seems pretty "secular"... but did you notice that John 3:16 says...

For God so Loved THE WORLD?

Do you and Dis- [MENTION=15467]Truster[/MENTION] own the same Camel Strainer?

P.s.

I got the Grammer Nazi Joke... but I can't let up on you for now... so... Fruit on ... ya Fruit!

Truster

OIC...

Like these guys?

Matthew 23:24

You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.​

That verse has nothing at all to do with comprehension. It was in admonishment of their interest in tithing. If you'd paid closer attention to the context of the verse...

Just got to reset my Acme Irony Meter.

HisServant

I'll probably get blasted for this... but wouldn't you say that THE GOD that died for ALL MANKIND while WE were SINNERS is the most compassionate, merciful "Humanist" that has ever, or will ever LIVE?

Your use of the word "humanist" seems pretty "secular"... but did you notice that John 3:16 says...

For God so Loved THE WORLD?

Do you and Dis- [MENTION=15467]Truster[/MENTION] own the same Camel Strainer?

P.s.

I got the Grammer Nazi Joke... but I can't let up on you for now... so... Fruit on ... ya Fruit!

Apparently you know nothing of Hebrew.... Just keep on believing those fallible translators for your soul...

Keep being argumentative, prideful and arrogant... keep acting like you aren't a Christian at all. It makes it easy for the world to determine who you really are.

Back at you WonderfulLordJesus!... All respect... I'm jumping off for the day after reading your post, before someone comes along and makes my hat fit again.

May the WonderfulLordJesus forever continue to bless, keep and guide you and yours in all things,

- EE

Hey, Eyeball of Doom! Well, bless you for that, and our wonderful Lord Jesus bless you, too. Funny, you don't seem well suited for evil eye stuff. Anyway, yes, good to avoid that hat fitting, do also declare!

Love this in your closing, "It's All About Jesus and He's the theology (John 5:39f)". Yep, it's Jesus Christ, Genesis to Revelation, and beyond. I be riding off into the sunset, too. Well, that is after one more item of business, for Adrian Rogers and this motley crew.

Robert Pate

Banned
You know what is plain weird to me, there are many, many comments you see of people reflecting the writings and religion of well known, cult false prophets the Bible debunks, common as dirt cult talking points. They are so intent on the false prophecy, the junk of man, they will refuse to consider scripture truth, as plain as the nose on our faces, that they're daily disputing. On top of that, they hide the cult they belong to, generally won't tell you which "Christian" cult they belong to, as if ashamed of what they are, that they have to hide where their belief comes from, and they don't seem to see what this, alone, screams about what they've signed-up for.

There's just no accounting for any of it, in terms of the rational, beyond one thing, strong and evil spiritual forces at work that cover their eyes like a dark veil. No other way explaining what is, otherwise, the worst stupidity and rejection of many clear truths a Sunday school child can understand. Truth is, indeed, so much stranger than fiction. Ephesians 6:12

No doubt about it, we live in a wicked world. Maybe that is why Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. Few there be that find it, because few there be that seek it.

Truster

No doubt about it, we live in a wicked world. Maybe that is why Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. Few there be that find it, because few there be that seek it.

Nobody who has found the strait gate and passed through would take any credit for finding it or passing through by their own merits or power.

Nanja

Nobody who has found the strait gate and passed through would take any credit for finding it or passing through by their own merits or power.

Right. There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God Rom. 3:11.

The natural man seeks after the god of his own understanding, but that's not the True God of scripture.

1 Cor 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Truster

Right. There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God Rom. 3:11.

The natural man seeks after the god of his own understanding, but that's not the True God of scripture.

1 Cor 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

It's refreshing when someone recognizes the verses that fit the doctrine. Seldom happens on here and I'm accused of making things up. Thanks.

Epoisses

It's refreshing when someone recognizes the verses that fit the doctrine. Seldom happens on here and I'm accused of making things up. Thanks.

Like when James said we are justified by our works! Let's hear a reformed sermon on that.

Epoisses

And no one would ever say that a truly converted sinner would not produce works of righteousness via the Holy Spirit. Converted people are accepted by God are they not?

Truster

And no one would ever say that a truly converted sinner would not produce works of righteousness via the Holy Spirit. Converted people are accepted by God are they not?

Converted people are converted by Elohim and they are passive during the operation. Why would Elohim not accept His own work?