ECT Do you see All, Some, None of the Spiritual Gifts in Operation Today?

oatmeal

Being right about spiritual gifts, but wrong about Christology is almost pointless.

Yes, almost pointless, so if I was you, I would start reviewing those scriptures that plainly state who Jesus Christ is and who he is not, like I Timothy 2:5, Acts 2:22 etc. etc. etc.....

But that is available on other threads, one my old thread on John 1:1 would be fine place to continue this.

oatmeal

Are you church of god? I guess not cause they're trinitarians. What are the other names of non trinitarian Penticoastal denominations? So many new ones springing up. I can't keep up with the growth of man made denominations. The devil got them going fast.

I am involved with a non denominational, non sectarian group.

Putting God in a tiny denominational box is just wrong.

Heaven is His throne and the earth His footstool, what temple is God going to dwell in?

oatmeal

Keep going, kundalini awakenings isn't a bad thing. It's like a high on drugs

So, since you seem to have experienced that,

you might want to learn what the apostles and eventually other believers experienced as described in Acts 2:4;10:46;11:17;19:6, I Corinthians 14:18

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Did anyone else know that Oatmeal is a slave to The Way, International? I figured he was just a particularly hard-headed run of the mill Oneness pentecostal blowhard, but he's a full-blown Gospel-rejecting cultist. Had I know that, I wouldn't have wasted so much time on him.

How condescending.

Not the Spirit of Christ at all.

Many Christians begin in many forms of mans organization where people pray and preach the gospel.

People move on to better things, but not to better organizations, they move on in Christ in their lives becoming according to Gods word and His character.

Your constant judging and condemning of people shows you have not yet moved on from your denomination, but instead you keep defending its views in an ungodly manner.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think he rejects the Deity of Christ and the trinity. If so, you are correct. Most evangelical Pentecostals are trinitarian, not cultic.

I do not think Oats rejects the Diety of Christ , or the Father, His son , and the Holy Spirit as far as I have read.

But like Oats, I reject the RCC version of those things, whereas you embrace them.

LA

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I do not think Oats rejects the Diety of Christ , or the Father, His son , and the Holy Spirit as far as I have read.

But like Oats, I reject the RCC version of those things, whereas you embrace them.

LA

We don't know what most others believe. They do the switch and bait thing and scatter thier theologies around and reinterprete old denominations.

I don't do that. I liked what a general baptist preacher said. He takes the bible in face value. But agian, baptist come up with thier own theologies .

To me, I would like to talk about the quotes themselves and not what we think about them.

I think zen are better in dealing with impossible ongoing bickering among Christians. We need to quiet TOL down.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

LA

yes, he does, he rejects the trinity, and believes that Christ is not God, and that the Father and the Holy Spirit are the same.

There is only one God, and that is the Father also known by many other names and titles, including the Holy Spirit.

And He chose to have a human son, the son of God, who freely and willfully chose to do what it took to rescue his fellow men from the darkness and evil they put upon themselves.

oatmeal

yes, he does, he rejects the trinity, and believes that Christ is not God, and that the Father and the Holy Spirit are the same.

Scripture does not mention a trinity let alone teach it.

It does not teach that Jesus is "God the son" but rather "the son of God"

There is a huge difference between the two.

The Holy Spirit is another name that God names himself, like Father, Almighty, etc.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I am involved with a non denominational, non sectarian group.

Putting God in a tiny denominational box is just wrong.

Heaven is His throne and the earth His footstool, what temple is God going to dwell in?

Group name and info?

godrulz

Hall of Fame

LA

He says he rejects Deity (not diety) of Christ and trinity, the biblical views.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Oatmeal said recently that he was a member of the Way International. You'll have to Google for more information. He does reject that Jesus Christ is God.

Way International had multiple warnings of being a really really bad theology for many years. It tears and tears Jesus to spreads.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They are a faded, never impactful, pseudo-Christian cult.

http://www.watchman.org/profiles/pdf/wayprofile.pdf

The Deity of Christ (they deny) is an acid test of biblical Christianity.

Jesus is a man raised up by God His Father, who was given all the attributes He has from His Father.

Jesus is one of us, a man who is out King, who saved us for His Father.

If we need to look at the churches, then why not look at the originator of the trinity doctrine.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
GR,

You have a problem because you accept or reject people according to your RCC doctrine which forces you to accept as brothers those who have no fruit of Christ, because you agree with their doctrine.

All sects regard those who disagree with the doctrine of their sect as being enemies of Christ, and they take that as justification to treat them despicable.

You need to stop that sort of thing.

You suffer the same thing from them yourself.

LA

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The Deity of Christ is not RCC, but biblical (so is the trinity). They happen to be right on this and the virgin conception and the resurrection of Christ (are you saying resurrection is RCC, not biblical?!).

False religions can have adherents who do good works and live good lives. This is not the gospel. Rejecting the real Jesus for a counterfeit (mutually exclusive, diametrically opposed views are not equally true, salvific) cannot and will not save (Gal. 1:6-9; Jude 3; 2 Cor. 11:4; Jn. 14:6; Acts 4:12; Rom. 10:9-10; I Jn. 5:11-13).

Blurring the distinction between biblical, historical, orthodox Christianity and false religions (Islam denies the Deity, death, resurrection of Christ-gospel) and pseudo-Christian cults (JW, Mormon, Unitarian, Scientology, Christian Science, Jim Jones, David Koresh, Moonies, etc.) is post-modern relativism, not the gospel.

csuguy

Salvation is not a matter of holding the right beliefs - God is not evaluating us based upon some set of dogma that we need to adhere to. God is looking at our lives, at our decisions and reasoning, at our hearts. God looks at our conscience - which will both accuse and defend us on the day of Judgement.

There is no significance in belief in of itself; faith without works is dead. Rather - the significance of belief is that it guides our actions.

csuguy

Where would you stand on this issue?

I'm inclined to the view that the present day churches have fallen away and lost their purpose. They hide themselves off from the world, their members remain ignorant of their own faith - falling back on reciting doctrine rather than studying the scriptures, they place the emphasis on believing the right thing rather than doing the right thing - and even condemn those who teach that we, as Christians, are required to be out there doing God's will. I've even known a pastor who told a pastor in training not to baptize the poor that they were ministering too - saying that they were permanently lost and had made their decision - even as they were asking to be baptized.

The time has come to withdraw from these dying husks and focus on doing the work that God has set before us: help those in need, make disciples - teaching them to follow God's Commands, and keep ourselves pure from the taint of the world. I believe it is people like this who God chooses to bless with his gifts. These gifts, after all, are meant to enable the church to do God's will - but God isn't going to give such gifts to people who have demonstrated themselves untrustworthy when given nothing.