Gay Catholics Push for Church Weddings

GFR7

Wow, you seriously cannot pull yourself away from the what goes on in the bedrooms of other consenting adults, can you?
How does third party reproduction, which children have no say in, but affects their whole lives, take place in a bedroom? :think:

Quetzal

This has to do with a private institution.... they can admit whomever they want... and not admit whoever they want.

For Christians, scriptures are sacred and a kind of guide book.... Homosexuality is not compatible with Christian values. It's called freedom of religion.
There are also many other things that are not compatible with Christian values that are ignored. If you want to subscribe to that argument, that is fine. Just understand the common criticisms that come with it and also understand the the groups who subscribe to those dated traditions are shrinking.

HisServant

There are also many other things that are not compatible with Christian values that are ignored. If you want to subscribe to that argument, that is fine. Just understand the common criticisms that come with it and also understand the the groups who subscribe to those dated traditions are shrinking.

I view it as the pendulum swinging... eventually it will swing back and for your sake I hope it doesn't swing back with a vengeance. This country is ripe for a right wing dictator at this point in time.

And they are not traditions.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How does third party reproduction, which children have no say in, but affects their whole lives, take place in a bedroom? :think:

How does third party reproduction take place at church weddings? Or any weddings?

Quetzal

I view it as the pendulum swinging... eventually it will swing back and for your sake I hope it doesn't swing back with a vengeance. This country is ripe for a right wing dictator at this point in time.

And they are not traditions.
Wow, it has been a long time since someone has invoked fear mongering in place of an actual argument. I really can't help but to appreciate the art of it all.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It will be an increasing result of those.

THAT is your assumption ...

The same could be said about abortion and heterosexual relationships. More sex, more abortions.

See how that works.

GFR7

THAT is your assumption ...

The same could be said about abortion and heterosexual relationships. More sex, more abortions.

See how that works.
It works fine. Less unmarried/cohabitation sex = less abortions.

HisServant

Wow, it has been a long time since someone has invoked fear mongering in place of an actual argument. I really can't help but to appreciate the art of it all.

I'm not fear mongering at all. I'm a student of history. This country tends to be swinging further right and left all the time... at some point the majority (which tend to be conservative) might have enough of the left's progressive agenda and decide to crush it like an ant.

Quetzal

I'm not fear mongering at all. I'm a student of history. This country tends to be swinging further right and left all the time... at some point the majority (which tend to be conservative) might have enough of the left's progressive agenda and decide to crush it like an ant.
They have had their chance twice in the last ~6 years and it didn't happen. One of two things. Conservatives are either unwilling or unable. I am leaning towards the unable part but they might surprise me yet.

HisServant

They have had their chance twice in the last ~6 years and it didn't happen. One of two things. Conservatives are either unwilling or unable. I am leaning towards the unable part but they might surprise me yet.

The frustration is being pent up... and it doesn't help that the Republican Party keeps putting up idiots for office. The moment they put up a good candidate the democrats are in trouble.

Romney... seriously?

All the dozen or so idiots now running for the republican nomination... seriously?

The republican establishment better get with the program or be swept aside within the next decade, because the country is not going to put up with 8 more years of a democratic president.

Quetzal

The frustration is being pent up... and it doesn't help that the Republican Party keeps putting up idiots for office. The moment they put up a good candidate the democrats are in trouble.

Romney... seriously?

All the dozen or so idiots now running for the republican nomination... seriously?

The republican establishment better get with the program or be swept aside within the next decade, because the country is not going to put up with 8 more years of a democratic president.
I will agree with you there. If the Republicans do dig up a more moderate conservative, they very well could pose a serious threat to the Democrats.

PureX

Catholicism is a kind of theocracy. It's appropriate that Catholics who disagree with some aspect of that theocratic rule should seek redress within the system, first, before leaving it.