It's Star Wars Day, Let's Hate On It

Quincy

Do you loathe Star Wars like me? Then this is the multimedia thread for you! It's Star Wars Day, let us disrespect Star Wars in any way imaginable. Some Star Wars jokes to open the festivities.

That's some wonderful acting going on here.
Those special effects sure are special!
Anakin Skywalker is more wooden in personality than Woody the Cowboy
Vader is stiffer than Statler and Waldorf from The Muppets
I used to have a collection of The Emperor plushes. I called them the California Raisins.
Lightning? Really? That's the best you can do? William Wallace shot that from his posterior.

OK, SO WHY DO THEY HAVE TO KILL OFF THE ONLY GOOD CHARACTERS!?!?!?!?! Darth Maul, the coolest character ever? Dies..... Jango and Boba? die..... Yoda? dies..... General Grevious? dies.... Mace Windu? dies..... Han Solo? Might as well have died. He missed half the saga. What are we left with? A sniveling, scrawny Johnny come lately named Luke, his sister Leia with her giant buns (on her head, fanboy) and a bunch of furry ewok? Oh and the ghosts. Don't forget the ghosts, they are going to do a lot of good. Yea..... ghosts.

Where is the Aragorn, Gimli or the Legolas of Star Wars? NOWHERE!!! PROVE ME WRONG!!! YOU DON"T GOT THIS STAR WARS.

35onsf.jpg

THAT IS EXACTLY RIGHT!!! LUKE WOULD NEVER SHOOT SOMEONE IN THE KNEE WITH AN ARROW!!!

jKHcn.jpg

SEE THAT?!! THAT IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT PRINCESS LEIA WOULD DO TO HER SUBJECTS!!!

35bnn0.jpg

JANGO DIES WHEN HE TRIES IT!!!!

36e58t.jpg

GIMLI HAS A MEEEMMMEEE!!!

internet-memes-hipster-boromir.jpg

THIS GUY DIED AND NO ONE CARED!!!

So, to be fair there are two cool things about Star Wars. One is the video games. The other is cosplay babes.

EXHIBIT A...... StarKiller from The Force Unleashed (about time). Vader's apprentice who GETS KILLED ARRRGHHH BUT COMES BACK AS A CLONES (thankfully)!!!!! Cool pic incoming.

Starkiller.jpg

EXHIBIT B........ I don't know who she is, but I would slay Storm Troopers with her anyday. Yes I would!

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! STAR WARS IS A TERRIBLE FRANCHISE EXCEPT FOR TWO THINGS. PROVE ME WRONG AND YOU CAN'T DO IT, ETC ETC ETC. CLOSING POST DESCRIBING HATE FOR STAR WARS. CLAIMING SUPERIORITY OF MOVIE WITH ELVES, DRAGONS AND SORCERERS ETC ETC ETC.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Sorry, but I LOVE Star Wars. The movies, especially the first three (in terms of chronological release date) are just plain fun.

I agree that the story line is very week and tends to fall apart under close scrutiny. J.R. Tolkien crafted a much MUCH more cohesive tale in Lord of the Rings and the movies are better than the Star Wars movies.

But for all of that, I still love Star Wars and find it impossible to hate on it!

WizardofOz

I love Star Wars and LOTR

Han Solo? Might as well have died. He missed half the saga.

What?! He was encased in carbonite at the end of ESB and was freed in the opening of RotJ. Missed half the saga? Which half?

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you loathe Star Wars like me? Then this is the multimedia thread for you! It's Star Wars Day, let us disrespect Star Wars in any way imaginable. Some Star Wars jokes to open the festivities.

I used to have a collection of The Emperor plushes. I called them the California Raisins.
Lightning? Really? That's the best you can do? William Wallace shot that from his posterior.

OK, SO WHY DO THEY HAVE TO KILL OFF THE ONLY GOOD CHARACTERS!?!?!?!?! Darth Maul, the coolest character ever? Dies..... Jango and Boba? die..... Yoda? dies..... General Grevious? dies.... Mace Windu? dies..... Han Solo? Might as well have died. He missed half the saga. What are we left with? A sniveling, scrawny Johnny come lately named Luke, his sister Leia with her giant buns (on her head, fanboy) and a bunch of furry ewok? Oh and the ghosts. Don't forget the ghosts, they are going to do a lot of good. Yea..... ghosts.

For someone who hates the franchise...you sure know a LOT about it. :chuckle:

I do not hate it, nor do I love it. The original three have are entertaining and have a lot of appeal. Not to mention that Leia was kind of hot. :noid:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Where is the Aragorn, Gimli or the Legolas of Star Wars? NOWHERE!!! PROVE ME WRONG!!! YOU DON"T GOT THIS STAR WARS...

...STAR WARS IS A TERRIBLE FRANCHISE EXCEPT FOR TWO THINGS. PROVE ME WRONG AND YOU CAN'T DO IT, ETC ETC ETC. CLOSING POST DESCRIBING HATE FOR STAR WARS. CLAIMING SUPERIORITY OF MOVIE WITH ELVES, DRAGONS AND SORCERERS ETC ETC ETC.

tumblr_lanqq5KicD1qdr1wto1_500.jpg

going-to-hate-haters-are.jpg

alwight

A long long time ago when I was young I went to the Odeon Cinema in Leicester Square London to see the first Star Wars movie. On a super sized screen and with "Surround Sound", I thought it was the best thing ever.​
The first space craft flew over us at the start and we all vibrated in our seats, just wow, gasps all round. Then came this massive Imperial battle cruiser which swallowed it up, wows and gasps became stunned silence.​
Then the producers realised that they were on a nice little earner and flogged it to death. :(
At the time the first Star Wars really was the best movie ever imo, but somehow now on DVD even on a large TV in high definition it too sadly doesn't really match my first viewing experience of it.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
A long long time ago when I was young I went to the Odeon Cinema in Leicester Square London to see the first Star Wars movie. On a super sized screen and with "Surround Sound", I thought it was the best thing ever.​
The first space craft flew over us at the start and we all vibrated in our seats, just wow, gasps all round. Then came this massive Imperial battle cruiser which swallowed it up, wows and gasps became stunned silence.​
Then the producers realised that they were on a nice little earner and flogged it to death. :(
At the time the first Star Wars really was the best movie ever imo, but somehow now on DVD even on a large TV in high definition it too sadly doesn't really match my first viewing experience of it.

:plain: ....and it never will.

George_Lucas___special_effects_by_meovereurope.jpg