My fantasy. And a question for liberals

fool

Hall of Fame
This unrealistic fantasy will never happen:
There are 50 states and a mosaic of laws, perhaps there's hope somewhere?

The US is already divided in half by the Mississippi river. Let's have all the lefties live to the west of the river and all the conservatives east of the river.
Ok I'll play.

On the east side, abortion would be a capital crime.
OK
There would be no expensive prison system needed because crime would be punished by financial restitution, flogging, or capital punishment.
Good point, since prison became a for profit business we've seen tons of abuse.
Everyone above the age of 20 would be required to own a handgun.
Maybe pare that down a bit, I know alot of people that I wouldn't want running around with a hammer let alone a gun.

Islam (a religion that advocates murder) would be illegal.
Any others? Just get it out there, how bout Mormons or Atheists?

There would be no mandatory health insurance,

no social security, no Medicare, no Medicaid, no "free" government indocrina...err...education, no welfare checks, no food stamps, etc. Also, everyone will pay the same percentage of income tax no matter how much they make and those taxes will be below 10%.
So keep your money and take care of your self.
And donate to charity for the poor if your so inclined?
Did you just read Atlas Shrugged?
The left ...err west coast wouldn't have to even think about building a wall on the Mexican border anymore. They could make any laws they want with absolutely no obstruction from conservatives because there wouldn't be any conservatives. They could have themselves so much fun taxing the hell out of each other!

Question for liberals: Wouldn't that be wonderful?
They could all have free stuff!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Ask the woman that does the talking for you (nicholsmom) what doctrine our criminal justice system comes from Aaron.

(I'll give you both a hint: Judeo-Christian).

I know you're a bit slow but we were discussing theocracy. Is that what our founders intended?

nicholsmom as seen in the bold section of your copy and paste, is suggesting that mercy replace the rule of law. In the legal world that's considered anarchy Aaron.

Our government is one that protects the freedom of religious expression - within the bounds of lawful living. That means that Christians who think we need to set up our criminal justice system to match the one-time Israeli theocracy have no right to force that on those Christians who think we should let mercy guide judgment.

Should mercy replace judgment in our Judeo-Christian based criminal justice system Aaron?

WizardofOz

nicholsmom as seen in the bold section of your copy and paste, is suggesting that mercy replace the rule of law. In the legal world that's considered anarchy Aaron.

Our government is one that protects the freedom of religious expression - within the bounds of lawful living. That means that Christians who think we need to set up our criminal justice system to match the one-time Israeli theocracy have no right to force that on those Christians who think we should let mercy guide judgment.

Should mercy replace judgment in our Judeo-Christian based criminal justice system Aaron?
:doh:
You either can't read, can't comprehend what you're reading or are engaging in intellectually dishonest quote mining to fit your agenda.

Right after the section you quoted: "It means that not all of your religious beliefs become law, and not all of my religious beliefs become law. We decide together - and that includes people of all religions who are citizens - what will and will not become law."

She was never endorsing anarchy you simpleton.

Get your eyes checked. :loser:

Again (because you're slower than usual today) we're discussing theocracy.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:

Quote: Originally posted by someone named "nicholsmom"

:doh:
You either can't read, can't comprehend what you're reading or are engaging in intellectually dishonest quote mining to fit your agenda.

Right after the section you quoted: "It means that not all of your religious beliefs become law, and not all of my religious beliefs become law. We decide together - and that includes people of all religions who are citizens - what will and will not become law."

She was never endorsing anarchy you simpleton.

Get your eyes checked. :loser:

Again (because you're slower than usual today) we're discussing theocracy.

(Aaron seems exceptionally angry tonight).

Why do you think that the woman who does your speaking for you used the word "mercy"? Mercy is only used in sentencing and has absolutely nothing to do with the type of criminal justice system this nation has.

Regarding nicholsmom's statement:

We decide together - and that includes people of all religions who are citizens - what will and will not become law

I see, so Christians and Jews should work together with Muslims and atheists/secular humanists to decide which laws work best for our society?

WizardofOz

Angry? Helping those less fortunate makes me happy! :)

Why do you think that the woman who does your speaking for you used the word "mercy"? Mercy is only used in sentencing and has absolutely nothing to do with the type of criminal justice system this nation has.

It doesn't. That also wasn't the point of her words. She was addressing theocratic Christians and how they are in error.

See, unlike you, she knows her bible. Matthew 9:13

We decide together - and that includes people of all religions who are citizens - what will and will not become law

I see, so Christians and Jews should work together with Muslims and atheists/secular humanists to decide which laws work best for our society?

Yes. That's exactly right. Or, do you have a problem working with Jews?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Cutting ourselves off from each other is something that humans do, thinking that it will be the perfect solution. But putting up barriers around us will no longer work in an interconnected world.
Who said anything about barriers? We would already have the only barrier we need - the lack of a welfare state. That would do a better job of keeping lefties out than anything else I could think of.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:

Angry? Helping those less fortunate makes me happy!

That negative rep that you gave me about a half hour ago didn't feel like it came from a happy person Aaron.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

It doesn't. That also wasn't the point of her words. She was addressing theocratic Christians and how they are in error.

See, unlike you, she knows her bible. Matthew 9:13

Yet Matthew 9:13 has absolutely nothing to do with the righteous role of government in a Judeo-Christian based society, which the United States once was.

I think that the woman who does your speaking for you doesn't understand the difference between the role of civil government and eternal life through salvation.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

"We decide together - and that includes people of all religions who are citizens - what will and will not become law"

Yes. That's exactly right. Or, do you have a problem working with Jews?

Hence my constant use of the term "Judeo-Christian doctrine".

BTW Aaron, how is secular humanist/atheist laws working out in our country when it comes to the rights of the unborn?

While you're at it, show us how well Muslims are working together with Christians and Jews to make our country a better place for all.

Here, let me help:

CAIR’s Islamists Eject Breitbart From Their Anti-Carson Press Conference
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...eject-breitbart-anti-carson-press-conference/