The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
If you have a point to make, make it.

--Dave
I think he has made the point rather clearly. What is density?

Lets try this. You have a man that is 6'-6" and weighs 250 and 5'-3" man that weighs about 130. Which one has greater density? Answer, their density is the same. Question: why do two people who have the same density not weigh the same?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Each time you make this response you make the point that you do not know and you are trying to avoid talking about it because it is an inconvenient truth to your point of view.

I don't know what truth you're referring to if you don't say what it is.

--Dave

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think he has made the point rather clearly. What is density?

Lets try this. You have a man that is 6'-6" and weighs 250 and 5'-3" man that weighs about 130. Which one has greater density? Answer, their density is the same. Question: why do two people who have the same density not weigh the same?

This is not a class and I'm not your student so make an argument. If you have a point to make, make it.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No one can debunk what they don't understand. I can debunk evolution because I study it so I can understand it.

--Dave

You don't seem to be able to debunk even the most basic criticisms of your theory, let alone evolution.

Even I can debunk evolution, and I don't have the best understanding of it.

So again, Dave, instead of dodging the question, which you seem to be really good at, how about responding to the criticisms Clete has made by correcting any misunderstanding of your theory?

I don't know what truth you're referring to if you don't say what it is.

--Dave

Truth is a statement of reality. Does that help you?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This is not a class and I'm not your student so make an argument. If you have a point to make, make it.

--Dave

This is a forum for discussion and learning. His question, and the answer to it, go against what you have said about gravity. So answer the question.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You have my answer. If you have a definition in mind, state it. And make a point. And do your own home work.

--Dave

Your 'answer' is not an answer at all. Once again, you are being evasive.

Also, I'm still waiting on that Flood thread.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are plenty of pictures of the Chicago skyline from across Lake Michigan.

I don't know when or how often that occurs, but here is a website that talks about it.

Chicago Skyline from Warren Dunes Across Lake Michigan
"This photo is really, really awesome because I think you're capturing some bizarre phenomenon. Theoretically, you shouldn't be able to see 60 miles away due to the curve of the Earth and your height. Even on a 200ft sand hill, your horizon should be 20 miles or so. But, I have heard that people in Michigan can sometimes see Chicago from the beach, which is just crazy."--Link

View attachment 25348

See more pictures

--Dave
That picture is what I'm talking about. It happens rarely, but it should happen often. And notice,too, that the picture was taken on a large dune, so that would eliminate any possibility that swells are what the Chicago skyline are hiding behind when we see (often) the tops of the buildings but not the bottoms.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That picture is what I'm talking about. It happens rarely, but it should happen often. And notice,too, that the picture was taken on a large dune, so that would eliminate any possibility that swells are what the Chicago skyline are hiding behind when we see (often) the tops of the buildings but not the bottoms.

Yes, swells can hide things in the distance on the ocean.

But the skyline from 60 miles away should "never" be visible "ever" if the earth is curved.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.