The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcthomas

I've read the entire book more than once. I know what it says and what it claims to be and you have no basis whatsoever for calling it "incompitent".
Yet it still has no basis in reality and the claimed proofs and confirmed 'predictions' are sheer fiction and uneducated fantasy. Walt knows very little about the science he pretends to use (from my point of view as a physicist) and so he must be either a charlatan of a fool.

I couldn't care less what you've done on other threads.
Then why suggest I extend my argument onto other threads?

I will not permit you to highjack this thread.
YOU won't permit it? Haha.

Start a new thread or drop it.
I have not prolonged the argument at all. I have only given single post responses to what others have posted. The moment others stop responding I will have nothing to add.

In either case, you've found a home on my ignore list. It took you all of two posts! Way to go! :dunce:
Great - it is hard work explaining technical arguments to people who have no interest in understanding the material they strongly believe in. :wave:

gcthomas

NASA: More Moon Lies Exposed

--Dave

Rocket exhaust gases behave differently in a vacuum compared to sea level pressures.

cJ4ej.jpg

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
This is one example that, I agree, may be faked, I don't know for sure. It's not a reason, in itself, to believe NASA is a fake space agency. But it is possible that he is exactly right. The shuttle "looks" like a jet, more than a glider and that it always lands with jets along side of it, that can't do anything to help it land, is suspect.

--Dave

The chase planes are there for security. The shuttle comes in over international waters where God knows who's Navy is around. I bet the Chicoms would love to "mistake" an unattended American space shuttle for a hostile aircraft.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
As I said, this is not a good argument for either view, in my opinion.

--Dave

On the contrary, Dave. Meteor showers cannot look like they are coming from the same point in the sky for all observers if the Earth is a flat disk covered by a dome, nor would they be predictable the way they are.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The chase planes are there for security. The shuttle comes in over international waters where God knows who's Navy is around. I bet the Chicoms would love to "mistake" an unattended American space shuttle for a hostile aircraft.

The point is fighter jets don't have to follow the shuttle as it lands.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why are the stars in the background moving upward in the video? Seems odd.

--Dave
What do you think is causing the stars to move upwards? Oh, I know! It's that the station is orbiting the earth, where the station is 249 miles above the earth, traveling at 4.76 miles per second, with an orbital period of about 1.5 hours.

The only reason it seems odd to you, Dave, is that you're trying to make sense of it from the perspective of a flat earth, which doesn't fit reality. When trying to make sense of it from a global earth, it makes perfect sense for the stars to move upward.

I can also guarantee you that behind the camera, the stars are moving downward, back towards the horizon, because they are "eclipsed" by the earth.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The point is fighter jets don't have to follow the shuttle as it lands.

--Dave
Would you rather have had an International incident where one country would have blown up the shuttle and claimed it was something else? The fighter jets were there to protect it from harm.

Either way, it doesn't matter now, as the shuttle program is no longer in use.

musterion

But then you must answer the question of would anybody take the time and money required to face it. So, why would anybody take the time and money required to perpetrate such a hoax on the entire world?

Because the government paid billions for all those Saturn 5s. That will be their answer.

gcthomas

I find this very interesting. It will require some exegetical work for me to understand this better. Words can have more than one meaning so how it is used in a sentence is syntax and how it is used within the context must be consistent.

I can't comment at the moment but I like your post and I want to explore this.

--Dave

No, they do not have to follow. However, policy requires that two chase planes to follow the shuttle in. Partly safety, partly security.

And partly to film the airframe during the descent, I expect. Useful of anything goes wrong.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

But I am only talking about when it is landing. The shuttle doesn't need help or is in danger when it is about to land. As the person said the fighter jets add the noise as a cover for the fact that the shuttle is a self propelled jet as well.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What do you think is causing the stars to move upwards? Oh, I know! It's that the station is orbiting the earth, where the station is 249 miles above the earth, traveling at 4.76 miles per second, with an orbital period of about 1.5 hours.

The only reason it seems odd to you, Dave, is that you're trying to make sense of it from the perspective of a flat earth, which doesn't fit reality. When trying to make sense of it from a global earth, it makes perfect sense for the stars to move upward.

I can also guarantee you that behind the camera, the stars are moving downward, back towards the horizon, because they are "eclipsed" by the earth.

The movement is too fast, stars that far away would not move that far that fast out in deep space. The whole thing looks fake.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
But I am only talking about when it is landing. The shuttle doesn't need help or is in danger when it is about to land. As the person said the fighter jets add the noise as a cover for the fact that the shuttle is a self propelled jet as well.

--Dave
Dave, you're going back to the "conspiracy" argument, which means you have to explain why there would be a cover up.

The American jets were there to protect the American shuttle, as it reentered earth's atmosphere over international waters, to prevent an international incident.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Would you rather have had an International incident where one country would have blown up the shuttle and claimed it was something else? The fighter jets were there to protect it from harm.

Either way, it doesn't matter now, as the shuttle program is no longer in use.

And just how would jet fighters protect it if it were attacked while it was landing. Give me a scenario of how you imagine that could happen and how jets flying at low altitude along side the shuttle could stop a threat.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The movement is too fast, stars that far away would not move that far that fast out in deep space. The whole thing looks fake.

--Dave
Dave, once again you're trying to interpret things through a flat earth lens.

Have you ever gone outside at night and spun around, looking at the stars? If so, were the stars spinning really quickly? or was it you that was spinning?

The reason the stars appear to be "moving" is that the station is moving at 4.76 miles per second 249 miles above the earth. The position above the earth is changing, and therefore so is the position of the stars.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But then you must answer the question of would anybody take the time and money required to face it. So, why would anybody take the time and money required to perpetrate such a hoax on the entire world?

Money, lots, and lots of money.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And just how would jet fighters protect it if it were attacked while it was landing. Give me a scenario of how you imagine that could happen and how jets flying at low altitude along side the shuttle could stop a threat.

--Dave
You also apparently doubt the capabilities of the pilots flying said jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.