The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But it will when I go to sail to visit my daughter in Austalia, no? Where exactly is the edge so I can be sure to try to miss it.

I would take a plane, you would see the edge before going over it as so many ships have in the past.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I was observing from 1.4 metres above sea level, so the horizon was probably only about three miles away. The simplistic 'drop' figures you link to don't show what an observer can actually see when above sea level. My figures are good.

Why can't I see the bottom of the cliffs on a flat earth?

Location, please.

--Dave

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I've noticed that the earth's shadow is round when the earth comes between the sun and the moon. How does a flat earth produce a round shadow?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Things I have learned about the Flat Earth model.

1. The UN logo is pretty much what it looks like. The North Pole is at the center and Antarctica surrounds everything in a circle of ice.

2. The sun and moon are much closer than in the globe model. They circle the earth mainly at the equator.

3. The sun and moon are about the same size and the moon gives off it's own light.

3. The stars are not planets and are not millions of miles away.

4. There is a canopy or dome that contains the atmosphere. We cannot go beyond it.

5. There is more land or continents beyond the wall ice south in all directions.

6. Finally, Scully, we may not be alone, not from outer space but from beyond the ice wall.

--Dave

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is sad. He seems genuinely interested in scientific sounding ideas, and if only he persisted with the actual science he would find plenty to astound him and satisfy his curiosity. By he has got lost amongst thee siren sums of the conspiracy theorists.
:up: I could not have said it better myself.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

1. The UN logo is pretty much what it looks like. The North Pole is at the center and Antarctica surrounds everything in a circle of ice.

2. The sun and moon are much closer than in the globe model. They circle the earth mainly at the equator.

3. The sun and moon are about the same size and the moon gives off it's own light.

4. There is a canopy or dome that contains the atmosphere. We cannot go beyond it.

5. There is more land or continents beyond the wall ice south in all directions.

6. Finally, Scully, we may not be alone, not from outer space but from beyond the ice wall.

--Dave

Theory One:

The reality is, the world as we know it is under a huge dome. At some unseen/camouflaged area of the outer side of that dome, we're all under a huge microscope. we are continually being observed by an unknown group of Scientists and technicians. Their objective is to observe and report all data received through our actions, thoughts, and decisions. every move we make is being recorded and documented.

Theory Two:

Humanity is made up of one single individual who creates reality as he sees fit. everything about him comes from his own "super-imagination." Whenever he interacts with another being, they cease to be when he leaves the environment he created within his own thought processes. There is no other reality other than what he creates.

Theory Three:

We as an individual, have been in a coma for many years. All that we perceive is what our comatose mind creates. We're basically in a perpetual dream world. Nothing exists outside our own limited imagination.

Theory Three:

The Truth:

[/B]

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, so you always thought open view was main stream?

AMR, I need your help here.

--Dave
I am afraid you are on your own here. The enemy of my enemy is my friend simply does not apply. ;)

BTW, you can check the Spoiler section at the link in my earlier post above that covers the specific point well enough for starters.

AMR

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Are you technically allowed to use "learned" and "Flat Earth" in the same sentence? :think:

1. The UN logo is pretty much what it looks like.
I'll go one better and say the logo is exactly what it looks like. :plain: What?

The North Pole is at the center and Antarctica surrounds everything in a circle of ice.
Where does the Great Turtle come into this? (Ha, trick question, as we come into the Great Turtle)

Whereas this theory circles the drain from a much nearer distance.

How would it manage to do that?

No one believes that stars are planets and the distances vary, but we can calculate that the nearest neighboring star is 93 million miles...that's the sun, by the way. The next nearest star system is around 4.37 light years from the sun.

How do we know how far away things are from us in the cosmos? Well Hipparchus did it with the parallax. Objects observed from different angles shift in line of sight by degree, with the nearer causing the greater shift. Want to demonstrate the effect yourself? Hold out your arm and give it the old hitchhiker's thumb. Close one eye, then open it and close the other. You'll see the shift is dramatic with the thumb and not so much with the objects farther away and behind it. So he applied a little geometry in observing the moon from two cities at a fixed distance and came within less than a 10% variance from our modern and more accurate assessments.

What's it made of? :plain:

Is it infinite?

I've always said that most of the real problems of the world could be traced to ice walls.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The UN is a moral cop out to dictste a country that is more powereful than all of them combined- is it the UK or US who can stand against the ME?
I don't like to make such a comparison, but we know it to be true and what if our government were adversarial to us_
What if a foreign country landed on us- what would YOU do, among all other men.

musterion

Theory One:

The reality is, the world as we know it is under a huge dome. At some unseen/camouflaged area of the outer side of that dome, we're all under a huge microscope. we are continually being observed by an unknown group of Scientists and technicians. Their objective is to observe and report all data received through our actions, thoughts, and decisions. every move we make is being recorded and documented.

Theory Two:

Humanity is made up of one single individual who creates reality as he sees fit. everything about him comes from his own "super-imagination." Whenever he interacts with another being, they cease to be when he leaves the environment he created within his own thought processes. There is no other reality other than what he creates.

Theory Three:

We as an individual, have been in a coma for many years. All that we perceive is what our comatose mind creates. We're basically in a perpetual dream world. Nothing exists outside our own limited imagination.

Theory Three:

The Truth:

[/B]

Dude, man, I didn't know you lived in Colorado.

Jose Fly

--Dave

Isn't Christianity fun? :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.