The Easiest Election In History

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump's ego can't handle the looming election loss without a way to blame explain it. Enter the narrative of the "rigged election," as he continues his scorched earth policy.

From Politico:

Even more consequential, however, is the open question facing the country itself that centers not on which party wins the White House and control of Congress but on the damage Trump appears intent on doing to the democratic process.

On Saturday, Trump escalated his months-long effort to undermine the legitimacy of the election itself—to plant the seeds of a narrative that would explain how a self-declared winner might lose big in the most public and consequential venture of his entire career.

Campaigning throughout New Hampshire and Maine, he spouted the same unsubstantiated claim that the election is “rigged” against him. “The election is being rigged by corrupt media pushing completely false allegations and outright lies in an effort to elect her president,” Trump said, referencing the numerous women who have come forward in recent days to say that Trump had groped or sexually assaulted them.

Trump, whose denial of such behavior in the second debate likely prompted his alleged victims to come forward, has continued to deny the claims on the stump, calling the women liars and even insinuating that their insufficient level of attractiveness by his measure should be taken as an air-tight alibi.​

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I dunno. I based it on his words, his actions, many of them on camera, and what people say about him. I started out this election with a pretty bad impression of Trump, from when he was just a reality TV star. I figured he liked that job because it stroked his ego to have celebrities kowtowing to him. I thought he was a narcissist who just needed a constant fuel of people telling him he's great. Never did I imagine he'd make a serious run for President at that time, but my impression of him has only gotten worse and I've learned more about how he treats women and what he really thinks of various racial groups.

It's been fascinating to watch the authoritarian, the patriarchal, the racist, the sexist, the xenophobic (some are all those things at the same time) alt righters practically dissolving in their own hatreds as they watch the country move from the first black president to the first woman president.

We didn't collapse under Obama (despite Rush Limbaugh's warning that we would) and we'll manage four years with Hillary. Not much will change, except maybe in the GOP as they try to figure out when the wheels fell off their wagon and if the wheels will ever go back on. This election is historical for many reasons, and it'll be sifted over for years to come.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
How Trump Has Already Fouled The American Democratic Experiment

The Big Lie

Over and over again in his campaign, Trump has gone for the "big lie," the kind of larger than life fib that goes beyond the normal spinning that happens in every political campaign, said Ken Osgood, a history professor at the Colorado School of Mines who studies propaganda."This level of relying on wholesale fabrications is unprecedented," Osgood said. "What Trump is doing very closely parallels the approach that Adolf Hitler used in his propaganda campaigns."

Osgood said Trump has a "wanton disregard for the truth." He tells lies that are ridiculous and easily disproven. Often times, the lies are fact checked, and yet Trump insists upon them. They are repeated en masse by his loyal supporters.

Trump says things like "thousands" of Muslims celebrated in New Jersey after 9-11 and that he saw it on TV even though no such clip exists. He insists that the Central Park Five might still be guilty even though DNA proof cleared them of the brutal rape in a racially charged case. Trump blamed the sexual misconduct allegations against him on a conspiracy of global corporate/banking/media elites – familiar anti-Semitic tropes – that has the Clintons at its center, even though Trump himself was caught on tape admitting in 2005 that he grabbed women by the genitals.

The concept of the big lie is often attributed to Hitler, who in Mein Kampf accused Jews of propagating a big lie against Germany in the 1930s. (A virtual cottage industry on the internetsustains an ongoing debate over the term's true meaning and origins.) Accusations of a "big lie" are not new to American political campaigns, but as Osgood explains it what distinguishes the "big lie" as a propaganda tool is the sheer scale it. In order to be believable a leader cannot just tell small lies that everyone recognizes are part of human nature. He or she has to tell the kinds of lies that individuals do not recognize in themselves and therefore assume must be true.

"This whole idea of the 'big lie' is pretty striking, and that is the heart of what he has been relying on," Osgood said.

The Berean

As a voter who does not like either Trump or Hillary I feel like the guy in the film Castaway. Where is Wilson when I need him? :sigh: From what I've seen so far Hillary is going to win this election fairly easily.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
...It isn't enough that Trump loses, as looks almost inevitable now. He must be trounced and humiliated. He must be made an example, so that in the future, no one will even consider nominating a candidate like him...

Surely you know that Donald Trump was vetted prior to being endorsed by so many supposed "political outsiders" don't you rex?

The idea all along was to destroy the Republican Party with a sexual deviant like Donald Trump as it's candidate. Unfortunately for the democrats and Libertarians (most Trump supports on TOL fall into that category) that crossed Party lines to vote for Trump in the primaries, it's most likely not going to happen.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...blicans/ar-AAj2KQ3?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

While your article attempts to point the finger at the nutcases who support Donald Trump for the reason he will lose badly in November, without a doubt it's his history of sexual degeneracy that American's find most disgusting.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
"rigged election"

Hey, a liberal moderator.

Hey look, another liberal moderator.

Damn, ANOTHER liberal moderator.

Thirteen Clinton supporters claiming sexual assault, zero members of the deceased by Hillary protesting.

Yeah, it's not rigged at all :rolleyes:

I have no doubt in my mind that if she wasn't a woman she would have been scrutinized on these matters. Now call me a misogynist for stating it, and prove my point :wave:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Anna's America, where babies end up in garbage cans, homos are married, taxes strangle business, Islamo-Fascists run free, China and Mexico suck our jobs dry , illegal aliens pour over our border just to be given free college, Obamacare turns hospitals into third-world fly-ridden clinics, and the Queen of Corruption spits on the Constitution & reigns Supreme.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The decent folks will vote for Clinton.
That doesn't seem fair. Can you not think of someone who doesn't like Trump but has serious concerns about what a Clinton presidency would mean for their most important issues? :idunno:

I think I agree about Trump losing dramatically though. A candidate like Trump will always have a core group of supporters but hopefully a trouncing would prevent others from voting for the candidate. That the Trump Experiment won't be tried again. I do have concerns about the effects of this election. A question I've heard be asked several times is, if Clinton wins, how she will reach out to Trump supporters. We're already so polarized and it feels like this election could magnify that even more.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
........ The decent folks will vote for Clinton..........
So, the indecent people are all the Latinos for Trump, Immigrants for Trump, Women for Trump, Democrats for Trump, the millions of new voter registrations for Trump, the Border Patrol that endorsed Trump, the generals and admirals who endorsed Trump.... ....no decent people there.

But the homosexuals and pro-gay-marriage folks, the pro-abortion murderers, and all their ilk, those are the decent people.

Is that your position?

PureX

The basket is here, but they haven't responded to the substance of the post. Not that that's surprising.
They can't respond to the substance of the post because, like their hero Donald Trump, they don't have the wisdom or the integrity to respond to intelligent criticism with an intelligent rebuttal. So they have to resort to childish and rude insults. It's all they've got to defend themselves with. And they HAVE to defend themselves at all cost because the only alternative is to admit that they've backed the worst candidate for president in U.S. history. And their egos can't allow them to do that.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... if Clinton wins, how she will reach out to Trump supporters.

hopefully, a little closer

Spoiler
4b7895bdf5080a32095c65b927e998ab.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
They can't respond to the substance of the post because, like their hero Donald Trump, they don't have the wisdom or the integrity to respond to intelligent criticism with an intelligent rebuttal. So they have to resort to childish and rude insults. It's all they've got to defend themselves with. And they HAVE to defend themselves at all cost because the only alternative is to admit that they've backed the worst candidate for president in U.S. history. And their egos can't allow them to do that.
You are supporting a baby killing, criminal, lying felon that has nothing in common with Americans. Hellary is the most corrupt person to ever run for the White House. You and all of America will be punished severely for choosing Hellary Clinton and her perverted rapist husband

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

:rotfl:

Seems to me like a politically correct rant based off of hurt feelings, weak criticisms, and emphasis on mostly falsehoods or assumptions. AKA the typical liberal argument that has been repeated so many times that the record needle couldn't pierce through a tissue.

Quite frankly, Trump supporters have just gotten tired of hearing it and has become the equivalent of a brat contesting their green beans. There's no reasoning with such, so you go and vote for your Jezebel and we'll vote for who will defenestrate that influence.

PureX

You are supporting a baby killing, criminal, lying felon that has nothing in common with Americans. Hellary is the most corrupt person to ever run for the White House. You and all of America will be punished severely for choosing Hellary Clinton and her perverted rapist husband
No, I'm not.

I'm actually smart enough to know that there are other alternatives to choose from when in the voting booth on Nov. 7th, besides the worst candidate in U.S. history, and a candidate that I see no reason to entrust the well-being of the nation to for the next 4 - 8 years.

PureX

:rotfl:

Seems to me like a politically correct rant based off of hurt feelings, weak criticisms, and emphasis on mostly falsehoods or assumptions. AKA the typical liberal argument that has been repeated so many times that the record needle couldn't pierce through a tissue.

Quite frankly, Trump supporters have just gotten tired of hearing it and has become the equivalent of a brat contesting their green beans. There's no reasoning with such, so you go and vote for your Jezebel and we'll vote for who will defenestrate that influence.
What things seem like to you are of no relevance to people living in the real world. But I'm sure it makes you feel all clever and superior to spew your bile and idiocy all over everyone else because you can't admit that you've stupidly backed the worst candidate in U.S. history, for president.