toldailytopic: Cats or dogs? Which makes the better pet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocJohnson

On dogs/cats and masculinity/femininity, I would think the contrary to what was suggested is true. Pop culture refers to men as dogs, a fight between girls as a catfight, and will make reference to female genitalia using feline terminology.

My impression is that it has more to do with being dominant/submissive. Dogs require a person with good leadership qualities to teach them their place and keep them there. Cats, on the other hand, are more dominant, so they tend to clash with strong personalities.

assuranceagent

My impression is that it has more to do with being dominant/submissive. Dogs require a person with good leadership qualities to teach them their place and keep them there. Cats, on the other hand, are more dominant, so they tend to clash with strong personalities.

So cats are better for gay pushovers.

...at least that's what I'm getting. :think:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You've been able to teach a cat a trick?

No need. They teach themselves.

Both dog and cat are an acquired taste... very subjective.

I can't stand cat.

If by "smarter" you meant...
...no. I have no idea what you might have meant.

Perhaps you're n.....

umm .. no. Forget it. :D

But dogs, depending on the breed, do taste better. There's nothing like Chihuahua tamales. :chew:
Never tried 'em. Are they easy to prepare?

You don't teach cats tricks....the cat teaches you tricks. :plain:

:up:

Send your cat out to help protect your family against an intruder and then tell me again how "masculine" he is. :rolleyes:

Clearly you've never met Horse.

The Graphite

You don't teach cats tricks....the cat teaches you tricks. :plain:

I trained my cat in a number of ways. Some breeds are trainable in their own ways. Not in the way you would a dog, doing "tricks." But Sabrina was trained in a number of ways.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Reminds me of Frankenstien (I don't know if he had a name at one time but that's what we called him). Frankenstien was a huge grey male who lived in the swamp behind my house in Jersey when I was a kid. He lived off the big mean rats who inhabited said swamp. Nobody ever got within five feet of him; but every spring he would answer the question of whether he made it though the winter by sitting himself on the fence at the end of the street for all the world to see, showing off the large scar across one side of his head (for which he was named). :think:

I think it was in reference to him that as a kid I first used the term "badass". :plain:

The Graphite

Reminds me of Sabrina, except that she was just as loving as she was tough (and she was tough as nails). At the height of her career as a hunter, she would catch, kill and eat wild jackrabbits bigger than her. No joke. And at the same time, she was a wonderful lap cat, intelligent and well-mannered in the house. Fun, funny, creative (she would sing songs), etc.

The Graphite

:chuckle:

We had a cat, Smokey, that used to catch rabbits and eels. Her replacement never got to live on the farm though and used to eat peas. :plain:

Well, there you go... that's how cats get soft. Living with nothing but peas and quiet. :dunce:

assuranceagent

Reminds me of Frankenstien (I don't know if he had a name at one time but that's what we called him). Frankenstien was a huge grey male who lived in the swamp behind my house in Jersey when I was a kid. He lived off the big mean rats who inhabited said swamp. Nobody ever got within five feet of him; but every spring he would answer the question of whether he made it though the winter by sitting himself on the fence at the end of the street for all the world to see, showing off the large scar across one side of his head (for which he was named). :think:

I think it was in reference to him that as a kid I first used the term "badass". :plain:

Yeah. I heard of 'im.

He was eaten by a stray poodle the year after you last saw him on the fence. :plain:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Yeah. I heard of 'im.

He was eaten by a stray poodle the year after you last saw him on the fence. :plain:

:think: Hmmm...It figures you would say that; you seem like a poodle person...particularly French Poodles.

A.A & his companion:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.