toldailytopic: Cats or dogs? Which makes the better pet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRadish

I always think of a cat as being like a friend, a dog as being like a slave. I always find the obsequiousness and overenthusiasm of many dogs faintly disturbing, to be honest.

And the same goes for the age-old catfish vs dogfish debate, incidentally. As the old saying goes, Siluriformes are a man's best friend.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The German Sheppard is a good dog, so is a Border Collie. For a less energetic dog, an Irish Setter and Labrador Retriever make good pets.

For the adventurous, there is the wolfy, or part wolf and dog, but many are fakes, the real ones will howl. Wolfy will raid your refrigerator, they are very smart and can learn to turn a doorknob, but not a dead bolt, so, you have to keep watch on them. They are shy around strange humans, thus not a good watch dog, but they will attack dogs.

Another great on is the Catahoula hound, these dogs are very aggressive, more than GS is my opinion. These dogs like to hunt and run down animals, sometimes strangers!

One of the funniest dog is the Komodor, this dog may look funny, but do not laugh at him, as he is both dominant and sensitive!

Clearly, I like big dogs, not toy lap dogs and for cats, they are best outside catching mice.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Only on TOL does a dog and cat thread devolve into homo talk. We need to work on it.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
You're right, P-diddy. I should go out there and beat that bad man with my purse. :plain:
What the heck is a P-diddy?

Beating him down with a purse is a heck of a lot more respectable than hiding behind your dog. What else do you hide behind?

There's nothing wrong with standing behind your dog as long as the laser sight is trained where it belongs. :thumb:

Well now, I can't argue with that one. Though I do prefer a shotgun for home defence. Best to have a pet smart enough to get out of the line of fire, like a cat.

Evoken

I've never had a cat so I have no first hand experience with them. But from what I can see, dogs would make better pets overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.